Do you like rabbits?

@Porcospino (25192)
Denmark
Do you any of you keep rabbits as pets? Or have you done it in the past? Over the years I have had 10 different rabbits. Some of them got old and died. At the moment I have two. On the photo you can see one of the rabbits. The one on the left is still alive. I don't know how old she is. I adopted both rabbits. They used to belong to a friend of a friend, and I got them in 2015. My other rabbit is a lop rabbit. She is 4 years old, and she was a couple of months old when we got her. She is brown grey.
I have never had a rabbit for a pet, but our son and his wife did have a pet rabbit. They are darling little creatures.
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
I love them. I would like to buy a few more, but I am not sure that my husband agrees
We had a rabbit when I was a kid.
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
I always wanted one as a child, but my mother said no. When I had my own home I bought two rabbits and later I got even more rabbits.
@XEGRAND (945)
I like rabbits. They are my favorite pet animals.
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
I like them too. I also like my other pets, but I like the rabbits most of all. We still have two left.
I do not have rabbits as pets, but I like rabbits, they are cute.
@Porcospino They do not live long, but they are smart funny animals.
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
@LadyDuck Our oldest rabbit lived for 8 years, but the others didn't live that long. Some of them got ill, and the vet wasn't able to cure them. In the past we had 6 rabbits at the same time. They lived in 3 huge cages (2-storey cages with a "ladder")
@Porcospino Ma grandparents grew rabbits... but to eat. I remember how cute the babies were, I always refused to eat rabbit.
@LowRiderX (9275)
• Serbia
I love rabbits, I'm not a big fan of them, but they are pretty. I only once had a rabbit as a pet, maybe 15 years ago
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
I have had a lot of them - 10 so far, but not at the same time. Did you keep your rabbit inside or outside? I have kept all of my rabbit inside the house, but some people keep them outside.
@LowRiderX (9275)
• Serbia
@Porcospino Inside, because it was some kind of dwarf species that was not for external conditions, and the cat would have killed it (we have cat outdoors)
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
@LowRiderX I understand. I do the same. They live inside the house but I used to take them outside for a few hours during the summer. At that time I had a special cage that I placed directly on the grass, that way they were able to eat the grass and stay outside for a short time. I never kept them outside at night.
@Janet357 (16312)
i love rabbits. do you have any idea what is the lifespan of a rabbit?
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
I have read that some of them live for 10 or 12 years. My own rabbits didn't live that long. My oldest rabbit lived for 8 years. One of the rabbits I have now is 4 years old, but I don't about the other one, because I adopted her.
@Janet357 (16312)
@Porcospino oh i see. Are they affectionate too?
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
@Janet357 The rabbits I have had have been very different. Some of them were very scared and they didn't want to get close to us, others didn't mind.
@nela13 (20671)
• Portugal
I have never had a rabbit as a pet but one of my cousin had.
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
We have had many of them. We started with two, but then we got two more...two more At the moment we have two left.
@nela13 (20671)
• Portugal
@Porcospino Do you think they recognize you?
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
@nela13 Yes, I think so. I always speak to them, and I think that they recognize my voice.
@dya80dya (15364)
Yes, I like them. They are nice animals. I never had a rabbit as a pet. I have a cat.
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
I like them very much. I have had many different rabbits over the years. Now I have two left. We used to have a cat as well, but we don't have her anymore.
@dya80dya (15364)
@Porcospino Can you play with rabbits in the same way you play with cats?
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
@dya80dya Not really. Our rabbits usually to play with eachother instead. Sometimes we open the cages and let them run around in the room for a while. They enjoy that a lot. We just have to remember to remove all electrical cords before we open the cages.
@rakski (31291)
My nephew has a pet rabbit
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
My niece and my nephew don't have rabbits, but they love our rabbits, and they run straight to the rabbit room when they visit us They would like to have their own rabbits, but my brother thinks that they are still too young.
@rakski (31291)
@Porcospino is it easy to take care of them?
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
@rakski Yes, I think it is quite easy. My ex had many rabbits in his childhood, and he taught me how to take care of them. Later when my husband and I got our first rabbits I used the things I had learned from him.
@db20747 (19140)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Oh my, they're adorable!! Always wanted a pet rabbit!
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
I love them. When I was a child I wanted to get one, but my mother refused. Now I have my own home, and I have two rabbits and a guinea pig.
@db20747 (19140)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
@Porcospino my mother also refused!!!
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
@db20747 My mother said that she didn't want them in the house because of the smell. I kept asking, but she always said no.
@moonandstars (16395)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
They look beautiful. I had black and white one in the past.
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
I like the ones with more than one color. One of the rabbits I had in the past was grey and white.She was very cute, but they all were. We used to have 6 rabbits at the same time.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Porcospino That's awesome and, a lot of rabbits. I can't understand how Kevin Hart could be afraid of them
@FayeHazel (28418)
They are lovely! I've never had rabbits. What are they like? Do they go for walks? Cuddle?
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
The rabbits I have had have been very different. Some of them were very scared and they never really became tame. Some of them liked to cuddled. We had a leash for one of them, and sometimes she went for a walk in the yard. She loved that. The rest of the time they were inside the house.
@FayeHazel (28418)
@Porcospino Oh that's interesting, so many differences in them
• Japan
At one point, I had a pet rabbit named Starlight, because she was all black except for a little patch of white on her forehead. She was cute and snuggly.
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
Was she a dwarf rabbit or a big rabbit? We have dwarf rabbits, they were very small when we got them. I once had a rabbit with more than one color. She was white and gray and very cute.
@May2k8 (9040)
As I remember, when I was a child, I pets chickens, ducks, fish, and cats. The one who pets rabbits is my nephew but I can't stand the smell because they put it near the bathroom.
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
When I was a child I always wanted to get a rabbit, but my mother said no. She thought that they smell too much. Now I have my own home. I keep them in a separate room with the guinea pig.
@kepweng (24046)
how long the lifespan of rabbit??
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
My old rabbit was 8 years old, but I read that some of them live longer than that (10 or 12 years)
@sugartoes (43328)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I use to raise rabbits back in Fla & I loved the colors I came up with & the interaction they had & ALL the babies they would give me I raised 1.000's for 15 yrs on 3 acres where I was called the rabbit lady from the rabbits I had & sold in a little town called Milton Fla.
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
My grandfather's brother used to raise rabbits as well. He had a lot, but it sounds like you had even more rabbits than he did. I am a little jealous. If we had a bigger place I would like to do something similar, but our house is only big enough for a couple of pet rabbits.
@rsa101 (19048)
When I was young I remember we kept rabbits as pets. They breed fast and the grow fast. We have one rabbit that we would set free on our lawn to eat and he was really tamed that he goes back to our house on her own He was like a dog in our house where he stays and roam free. The only problem we have about him is that he like to nibble on our rubber slippers and all of our slippers will have bite marks everywhere.
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
We used to have a special cage that we used outside. We placed it on the lawn and the rabbits were able to eat and run around inside the cage. We never let them run around without a cage. They were less tame than your rabbit, and we were afraid that they couldn't come back. Yes, rabbits eat many things. We once let a rabbit run around in our living room and she destroyed the internet cable. Another rabbit damaged my cell phone charger, but that was my own fault. I should have removed it.
@acelawrites (15966)
They look so cute. Can they be cuddled like other pets?
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
Some of them can, but some of them are scared and don't like it. The first rabbit I had was extremely scared and she used to bite me if I got too close to her. None of my other rabbits did that.
@wolfgirl569 (15678)
• Marion, Ohio
We used to raise rabbits for the kids to show and for meat.
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
My grandfather's brother did the same. He had a lot of rabbits and he participated in rabbit shows sometimes .Some of the rabbits were sold as meat or given away.
yes I do very much.My neighbor had one many years ago.I go over there to feed them.Such fun.I loved it when they hat the goat.
@Porcospino (25192)
• Denmark
I also like them very much. When I was a child my grandfather's brother had lots of rabbits. When I visited his home I always wanted to see the rabbits and hold them. Now I have my own