Our Kitchen Is Closed Tonight

Its the middle of the week. And its been quite a week so far. Tonight I just could not think of what I wanted to make for supper. And then it came to me. The kitchen is closed idea, and maybe we could get order in. We've been without a good pizza place since we've moved here, but I think that we found it tonight. It was delicious, done in a reasonable amount of time and very reasonably priced. We couldn't go wrong......I'm glad that our kitchen is closed tonight. Doesn't it look delicious? ~Photo is mine
That looks really good to me.
Thanks, it was quite delicious. And its that kind of pizza that I think will reheat well, and I am fussy when it comes to reheating pizza. And it was less then $20 for both the bread as well as the pizza. Not an expensive meal.
@Juliaacv We do that with Pizza Hut sometimes. The pizzas, garlic bread and the big Hershey cookie when my husband gets a special offer.
@Susan2015 what kind of cookie is the Hershey cookie? i never heard it and it sounds good!
It does look like a very delicious pizza!!!
Thanks, we ordered from an Italian place not too far from where we live. And I even went to pick it up, I don't like cold food delivered way past the time it was ready to be eaten.
@Juliaacv Glad you now have a place that you can patronize whenever you'd like.
@Corbin5 Its so nice when we can support family-run business, and this has a couple of generations of family working from their 2 shops.
This looks pretty good. I have to cross the border and try a new pizza place that has just opened a few steps from the border in Italy. Local pizza is never really good.
Thank you. Its a multi-generational family owned and operated pizza shop. There are 2 in the city, one on our side, which is the west end and there is one on the east side of the city also. They are all so kind when you go into the shop. It is take out only, and they go and hold the door for you and offer to open your car door also. Yo don't see that in a lot of businesses in today's day and age.
@Juliaacv The next week we have a holiday on Thursday and it's not a holiday in Italy, I will check how their pizza is.
@LadyDuck Mmm, you will have to let us know how delicious your pizza tasted.
I love it when pizza saves the day (or night)! I'm glad you found a good pizza place - that makes a difference as there are a lot of not-so-great pizza places out there these days. Enjoy!
My husband is more prone to eat the leftover pizza, but with our air fryer I might try reheating it in there as the crust should come out crispy like it was originally.
@Juliaacv Ohhh, I need to get one of those air fryers. So is that great for reheating leftovers? We reheat pizza leftovers in the toaster oven.
@much2say Yes, reheated pizza tastes like it just came out of the pizza oven for the first time. I make fresh chicken wings in the air fryer, my husband just loves them done in there. I am so glad that we bought one, for a few months I wouldn't even think about buying yet another small kitchen appliance that I would use for a couple of weeks and then forget about, but 4 months later I still am loving using it.
That bread would be the best for me.
The bread was delicious, and there is so much of it that we'll have lots of leftovers.
@Juliaacv a good meal indeed.
@sharon6345 We loved it and there are plenty of leftovers, and it was under $20, which is a great deal.
It does look delicious, I didn't cook last night either, I had a bowl of cereal with raspberries and I made eggs for Al. I had our grandson Jack with us and we had gone out for ice cream at 4 pm. Jack just wanted cereal for dinner too!!
I love cereal too, more of a snack then a meal for me, although after ice cream, maybe not. You have to love a little man who can make a meal out of cereal. I'll bet that he's so happy to have you both back from Florida again.
@Juliaacv He is but his dad is in the hospital with pneumonia that won't quit and he may have sepsis. Our daughter spent the night there with him and we kept Jack here to try to keep him from worrying too much but honestly I am very worried please pray for John our son in law.
@BelleStarr I'm sorry. I will say some prayers for John and for the rest of you and your family.
I was lazy all day, I did not cook but we snacked on what was already in the fridge, I made a huge salad for dinner.
Days like that are good when you can get by with eating what is already done up and make a fresh salad to go along with it. We will be having leftovers from this meal for a bit now as it was far too much food, but it looked like pizza that would reheat well, I'll warm a slice up for lunch tomorrow in the air fryer so the crust is nice and crisp like it was originally.
@Juliaacv I like cold pizza
@andriaperry I can't do cold pizza, in fact I quite often have to put a slice into the microwave for a few seconds as I like it piping hot.
No, it looks to cheesy for my taste. The cheesebread looks good though. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it.
Thanks, we like cheesy pizza, within reason. The garlic bread and cheese was nice, but there was just so much of it, we'll be eating that for a while.
@Juliaacv That's the way it seems to be with pizza places, plenty cheesesticks are always leftover. I've sometimes made a spaghetti the next day and reheated the cheesesticks to go with.
@ScribbledAdNauseum They actually used a long sub bun and made that into their garlic bread, that is a lot of food just in that item.
@Gillygirl (30168)
• Sutton, England
Yum, that pizza looks delicious. May I have some?
I just got out another plate, come and help yourself girlfriend.
@Gillygirl (30168)
• Sutton, England
@Juliaacv Thank you, my JT20
@Gillygirl You're welcome.
@Nevena83 (26838)
• Serbia
mmmmmm It looks very tasty.
Thanks, it was delicious. I had a piece warmed up today.
@Nevena83 (26838)
• Serbia
@Juliaacv And here it was warm today, but I spent all day in the house.
It looks yummy ! Glad that your order was both good and cheap !
Thanks, it was good, it was cheap, it was close by so didn't take a long time to get here, and best of all it is a privately owned shop, I don't like to patronize chains.
@Juliaacv Same here,I am a bit dubious about the quality of food from some chains.
• Rupert, Idaho
That does look good....pizza is always good though!
Thanks, it was delicious. They use fresh toppings and ingredients and nothing is frozen like some of the chains have. Eating pizza from the chain places is enough to turn me right off from pizza all together.
• Rupert, Idaho
@Juliaacv Well that is good to hear....sorry you don't like the chain places!
Looks so good. Im thinking of just having mashed potatoes after bingo for dinner
I try not to eat pizza very often because there is so much salt in the pepperoni. Enjoy the bingo, good luck!!!
@Juliaacv i only like pepperoni pizza from 2 places and when i make it. Some places have it too spicy for me.
@rakski (31286)
hmmm..... I am starving to see those photos
Is it supper time there or breakfast time? I hope that you get something good to eat to fill your tummy.
@rakski (31286)
@Juliaacv breakfast time here.
@oahuwriter (7441)
Sure does look delicious! It's so great when you find a good pizza place that's reasonable too! I'm going to eat from frozen to table...burritos I got on sale and salsa with tortilla chips.
Thank you. We've been looking for a good family-run pizza place for 2 years now, and we finally found it. Your supper sounds delicious.
@Juliaacv Thanks! Good things takes time to find. I often window shop for things I need too to get just what I want. The best is when you find just what you wanted at the right price...well worth the wait.
@LeaPea2417 (25248)
• Toccoa, Georgia
We had the same exact thing happen last night. We couldn't think what we wanted so we ordered pizza.
That's funny. What are you having for supper tonight, we're having bacon chicken I think.
@CarolDM (28491)
That is great. Finding a good pizza nearby is always good news! It does look very delicious.
Thanks, it was delicious, and it was just nice to have a night off from cooking.
Yes, and I close my kitchen frequently in order to enjoy a pizza!
It makes for a really nice break, doesn't it?
@Sojourn (5263)
A good pizza at a good price.What else would one want?
I know, plus it is nice and close, which is great because we prefer to pick up our food sometimes and not have delivery, so we can still get it home when its hot.
That pizza does look delicious. It's nice to close the kitchen and have a night off
Thanks, we enjoyed it. I needed to close the kitchen more for mental reasons, I just didn't know what to make, then for any other reason. Its just nice to have someone else do the cooking, and eating it at home was nice and just as relaxing as it would have been if I choose to cook.