Wish me luck! i am going to try baking again

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I don't have very much food in the house before i go grocery shopping on Friday so I have been hungry. also no more than pudding for snacks and desserts s my tummy is growling today I do have a package of chocolate chip cookie mix that makes 12 cookies i am going to try making in a few minutes. i am not the best baker but want to be the best at it one day so will try and hopefully these will be edible unlike some of my other baking adventures. I am waiting for the butter to soften and will get to it! have you baked anything lately? picture wikipedia
I made banana bread last night. I will make some cornbread for lunch. I need to not do a whole lot of baking as I will eat too much of the food I fix.
That is my problem.
@whiteream (5946)
I love banana bread. My grandmother made it all the time.
That could be a problem. my cookies were too brown on edges and soft in the middle so i hope that letting them sit out on cookie tray will help them bake more
I only taste test baked goods!
you are welcome to come taste test! They are a bit crispy buy delicious!
• Rupert, Idaho
That sounds really good. As you know, I did make some low carb cookies the other day. Hope the cookies turned out good for you!
My cookies were good but a little crispier on the outside than I expected. how did your low carb cookies taste? what kind of cookies were they?
• Rupert, Idaho
@Marty1 That's good to hear that they were good though! Crispy is not always bad for a cookie. I made chocolate chip low carb cookies. I used hershey's brand sugar free chocolate chips which aren't the best for you....but I didn't use a ton. The cookies were good, just needed to be a little sweeter.
@MommyOfEli2013 Glad they didn't turn out that bad, If the chocolate chips were sugar- free why are they not the best for you? isn't it the sugar that has carbs in it? I thought it was the sugar that made things like chocolate not very good for us? do any companies sell low carb chocolate chips? i seldom buy baking goods so i am not sure. even if you could find it in baking chocolate bars then you could chop it in pieces and make the cookies chocolate chunk cookies.
@Nevena83 (26704)
• Serbia
I'm sure your cakes will be great.
thank you! They are good but a but crispy on the edges. i got them out of the oven in time
@Nevena83 (26704)
• Serbia
@Marty1 I'm sure they are very tasty.
@Nevena83 thank you! yes, they were tasty but a bit crispy on the outside. one day i am going to attempt homemade cookies that don't come from a bagged mix
@Bensen32 (3611)
I actually have not baked in quite a long time but you remind me that maybe I should sometime soon. Maybe I will make some cookies soon. Good luck on your cookies hope they turn out good for you.
What kind of cookies will you make? does your baking turn out edible? amazingly my cookies look edible but don't know the taste yet! they were getting golden brown on the edges but soft in middle then i remembered my sister's advice after one of my worse baking adventures take it out of the oven and let it cook a bit out of the oven and i did and they did cook and are perfect for eating
@Bensen32 (3611)
@Marty1 things I make are usually edible but once in a while it looks like it got ran over with a truck.
@Bensen32 I finally made some good cookies even though they are a bit crispy
@resukill22 (12014)
Yes I bake cookies for my son
what kind of cookies do you make most often?
@resukill22 (12014)
@Marty1 my son's favorite a peanut butter cookies
@resukill22 i love peanut butter cookies but the last ones i made burned on the bottom and never got hard on top
@TheSojourner (21722)
I baked skillet cornbread (from scratch) a month ago. I am not a great baker.
Id that thr cornbread you put it in a cast iron skillet and then put in the oven? I find it hard to believe you are not a good baker as you are great in the kitchen!
@Marty1 Yes, the skillet bread. I don't like baking much because it's much more precise. I don't like measuring. Baking is not something that you can just throw together, because it is based on science.
@TheSojourner I am better at cooking roo instead of baking as i have had so many failures in baking
@Porcospino (25216)
• Denmark
I didn't bake for a long time. We baked cookies at Christmas, but that was half a year ago.
what kind of cookies did you bake? these cookies i made today turned out good but a bit crispy
@Porcospino (25216)
• Denmark
@Marty1 We baked the traditional Christmas cookies from my country. They are called "brunkager" and " pebbernoedder" Some of them became a bit hard, but the others turned out very well. We baked too many, so we gave some of them away to family members.
@Porcospino Your family members are lucky! nobody in my family bakes so no extra cookies on the holidays
Follow directions carefully when baking. Save inventions for cooking. One tip I just learned is to grate the butter and it will soften quicker. One thing Hubby learned the hard way was not to melt the butter in the microwave.??
That is good advice about saving experiments for cooking. I did exactly as directed and they had to cook more out of the oven as i had to take them out as the edges would burn my cookies turned out! yay!
@Marty1 I like them soft in the middle.
@paigea mine were soft in the middle and crispy on the outside. Do you like he outsides of your chocolate chip cookies crisp?
@CarolDM (28385)
Yes I baked cornbread the other night. And a casserole last week.
I never made cornbread. i have not made a casserole for several weeks. what kind of casserole did you have?
@CarolDM (28385)
@Marty1 Chicken and biscuits. It had frozen veggies and cream of mushroom soup.
@CarolDM are the biscuits in the casserole or are they on the side? I make something that might be similar. I use noodles instead of biscuits and add chicken and cream of chicken soup and canned mixed veggies. then i melt shredded mozzarella cheese on it.. it is so good that sometimes i make it without chicken if i don't have any as it is still one of my favorites
@FayeHazel (28469)
I just made banana bread. I hope that yours turns out well! Awesome! I know baking is not my favorite, either
my sister makes banana bread all the time. she made me a load once but i didn't like it so she doesn't make me it anymore
@FayeHazel (28469)
@Marty1 Ah yes, it is such a good use of very ripe bananas. You're the second person I know who doesn't care for it.
@FayeHazel my sister uses it for very ripe bananas.
@didinedhia (6839)
• Algeria
Oh that s amazinnnnng
thank you! the cookies were good but a bit crispy on the outside. but they were still edible!
• Algeria
@Marty1 amazinggggg
@Marty1 It sounds like you will make it in baking with all the trying you do. At least you keep trying so I believe you will succeed. I do not bake anything anymore. I have a old stove and really do not eat much so if want something buy it.
I am going to keep trying! i am buying brownie and cake mix today on sale when i go grocery shopping today to keep practicing! my cookies turned out good tasting but a bit crispy on the edges. my oven is old and not the best, so that may be why a lot of my baked goods don't turn out well.
@Marty1 I am glad your cookies tasted good and that is what is important. Good for you.
@Janet357 (16364)
I like baking but i dont have the necessary stuff for it. I always buy pastries from the bakery in the mall.
I have most of the things for baking, it is just most of my baking does not turn out right. my cookies did however!
@Janet357 (16364)
@Marty1 well practice makes perfect.
I haven't baked much lately as I am not feeling very well. But when I do, I like to make banana or carrots muffins (or bread), raspberries squares or pear. Some cookies.
I hope you start to feel better soon so you can start baking again what you make sounds delicious!
No, it has been too hot to bake..although the past two days weren't that bad. I guess I could have.
It does not seem to get too hot in my house when i turn on the oven. if it does i can always turn down the air conditioner. but i am always cold so it doesn't bother me turning on the oven when it gets hot
@dya80dya (15366)
No, I haven't baked anything. Good luck!
I did have good luck and my cookies turned out great but a bit crispy on the edges
I have not baked anything in years. I do hope your cookies turn out to be very tasty.
thank you! they did turn out great but a bit crispy on the edges, but still good tasting!
@whiteream (5946)
I love to bake, but I have not done it in a long time.
I like to bake too but nothing i make turns out okay. i am unsure of my cookies as i am letting them sit as if they were starting to get burned on the edges but not done enough in the center i am hoping they need to sit to bake more
@RubyHawk (31788)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Hi Jennifer. I've looked everywhere for you. I came back about a week ago. I thought you had left mylot. I baked an apple pie today. it's tastes pretty good. Good luck with your cookies.