It's too late for me to save my teeth

@dya80dya (15313)
Romania
I visited today another dentist. Many members of mylot told me to ask for a second opinion. And I did this. This dentist was young. She told me that my teeth can't be saved and it's too late for me. I will lose ALL of them. But now they can be crowned. I am young and this is hard to accept. I have fillings and teeth have decay next to fillings. I will need over $2000 and many root canals that are so painful. I am depressed and I don't know how to accept this. She told me that in a very short time I will not have teeth anymore. I have to crown all my teeth. How can I accept this?
@nela13 (20610)
• Portugal
I am so sorry, it is terrible losing our teeth so young. Maybe you can start doing one tooth each time and save the teeth you have. What caused you that problem?
@dya80dya My late father in law lost his teeth early, I believe - I think he had dentures fairly young. He said he always had bad teeth because of some calcium deficiency - something to do with his mother too and it was passed on to him. So knowing that he had this condition, he had all his kids' teeth sealed to help prevent cavities. My husband and sister were ok, but the eldest sister ended up with bad teeth (but she did not take care - she didn't brush well and she smoked).
@nela13 (20610)
• Portugal
@dya80dya Is it periodontitis?
@dya80dya (15313)
@nela13 It is tooth decay.
You can decide either to do or not do the crowns. The decision is yours and yours alone.
@dya80dya (15313)
3 dentists told me that if I don't have those crowns I will lose what I have now and I will need dentures. But I don't know what is better. Crowns or dentures.
@dya80dya I am not sure. It does seem people do fine with dentures. I do not know the cost of dentures, though. Crowns are expensive. Dental care here, even with dental insurance, is very expensive.
@dya80dya (15313)
@Corbin5 We don't have dental insurance here.
@ShifaLk (12845)
Oh.. Is that so? Please do whatever the dentist say now... I Pray nothing goes wrong
@dya80dya (15313)
I will try to do what they are saying. But I don't have money.
@ShifaLk (12845)
@dya80dya oh.... Can't you go to some government hospital /Dentist who can give you cheaper treatment
I have three crowns and one root canal and it was not painful. However, it cost me about $2000 for each crown. Crowning all your teeth is the best way to maintain what you have so I think you need to just do it.
@dya80dya (15313)
And don't you have decay under crowns? I had 5 root canals and they all were very painful for me.
@dya80dya No decay, they clean all that out and the root canal kills the nerve so no pain.
Oh gosh. You mentioned dentures . . . did they give you that option too and how much it would be for you? My dad (though he is in his late 70s) had all rotten teeth due to his many years of smoking. He wanted dental implants but the dentists told him there was nothing for the teeth to attach to - that's how bad it was for him. He opted for the dentures and is ok with them now (it took some time to get used to them). I hope all these dentists will explore all the options with you and explain them well so you could make the best decision possible for your teeth.
@dya80dya (15313)
They said denture is not a good option because I am very young. I am 28 years old.
@xiaolisu (2545)
I have teeth problem i just hate seeing the dentist.
@dya80dya (15313)
Me too. But teeth can create a huge pain.
I am so sorry. I know this has happened to others. Talk to others who have gone through this. One bit of comfort - my husband had a root canal last week and it was not painful at all.
@dya80dya (15313)
For me root canals are very painful. I had 5 done.
@Gillygirl (29879)
• Sutton, England
As @Bellestarr says it isn't that painful. I truly hope you will get assistance in paying for the treatment.
@dya80dya (15313)
I already had some root canals and they were very painful.
@Gillygirl (29879)
• Sutton, England
@dya80dya I'll trade my lungs for your teeth
@dya80dya (15313)
@Gillygirl I would prefer to have lungs and teeth. I had great pain because of my teeth.