Sitting Here Twiddling My Thumbs

@porwest (14704)
Ah, such is life. Just sitting here waiting for our UPS LTL freight guy to show up to pick up our freight shipments. Ladee, da. Gosh, I hate waiting, and it seems such a waste of time. I could be digging into an ice cold beer right now. Don't get me wrong. I love extra money as much as the next guy, and while the bulk of my compensation comes from commissions, I DO still also get an hourly wage, and this is overtime... But I REALLY do not want to be here right now. I feel like a little kid waiting for Santa, peering out the window, awaiting that UPS truck.
I'm not good at waiting either. I hope it gets there soon.
@porwest (14704)
He showed up around 5:40 PM. I got an hour of OT out of it at least. AND was able to MyLot a bit. Win, win.
@porwest It's always good to be in a win/win situation.
@porwest (14704)
@just4him It is much better than lose/lose.
Well, I hope mylotting can help distract you a bit. I will admit that I did not see the R in peering at first.
@porwest (14704)
Certainly that might have made my waiting a bit more entertaining...peeing out the window.
@ShifaLk (12992)
Aw. I understand that... You feel some bored. And waiting like a kid. Hey you play guitar? Wow I found someone here with guitar... I play too.. Excited
@porwest (14704)
I do. I would not say I am on the level of say, a Hendrix or a Tommy Iommi, or Jimmy Page...but I do well enough for my own enjoyment. I hope you get to share some of your videos on here.
@ShifaLk (12992)
That's wonderful Can I hear you playing if you have uploaded on YouTube ??? This is my one song link Kindly check
A living Testimony! I love this song from The Hallelujah Band. May LORD bless you through this song.! Amen! ???? ?? Video Edited by - Stellen Joseph (9yo) & Suz...
@porwest (14704)
@ShifaLk Don't have an opportunity at the moment to check this out, but I have saved the link so I can later. Here was a little something I did a while back.
Just messing around with my video and sound recording stuff and thought I'd share. This is a Kurt Vile song.
I'm mylotting.
@porwest (14704)
Obviously I was doing a little bit of that too. I was done with my actual work. So, just sitting waiting for the UPS guy to show up. He finally came around about 5:40 PM and I was able to manage an hour of OT out of it.
@porwest It is not nice to be waiting for things to happen.
@porwest (14704)
@marguicha No. It's not. And I am impatient, especially when I would rather be at home.
@dgobucks226 (17473)
I think we must spend half our life waiting for something. And many times were left wondering why were wasting that time
@porwest (14704)
You know it. One place I can think of is the doctor's office. It's always nice to walk in for your 10:30 appointment to realize 100 other people ALSO have a 10:30 appointment.
@dgobucks226 (17473)
@porwest Precisely....I have taken to bringing a Sun Disc Ipod with me on Doctor's visits or car appointments where I wait. It keeps me and the crosswords I'm doing company while waiting for my name to be called
@dya80dya (15360)
I don't have the patience to wait.
@porwest (14704)
Me either apparently.
Waiting sucks.
@porwest (14704)
Tell me about it. I mean, don't get me wrong. I will take the OT. But then again...
@bagarad (13894)
• Paso Robles, California
Waiting is always a pain. Fortunately I don't have too many things I have t wait long for -- except for dentist appointments to be over.
@porwest (14704)
Waiting sucks period.
@CarolDM (28233)
Funny, have not heard that saying (in your title) in awhile. myLot comes in useful sometimes.
@porwest (14704)
Actually, I have not used that saying in a while.
@rakski (31291)
maybe you can do more readings in mylot
@LindaOHio (4467)
It depends on my mindset at the time. Sometimes waiting drives me crazy. Hopefully that truck came soon after you posted.
@1creekgirl (16108)
My husband is the world's worst waiter. I don't have too much of a problem with it. May your shipment be there before you even read this.
@yanzalong (10985)
Waiting is boring and irritating.
@Nevena83 (26680)
• Serbia
I hate to wait, I'm not at all patient at all.