Weird Food Eating Videos-What Is This?

@SonjaRae (4960)
I’m not a big Instagram user nor do I understand the real purpose very well, but I had clicked on the search button on Instagram and it showed all of these different videos or pictures etc. that you could look at. I happened across a food section and began watching in awe some of the creative food items being made and found them to be really cool! Then... I clicked on a video of this mouth watering dish of King Crab, Lobster, Shrimp, Prawns, Corn and Potatoes!!! I must have been hungry! What I thought was going to be information about how to make that seafood boil, or advertisement about the restaurant turned out to be something quite foreign to me; A woman eating and smacking as she ate!?! Wait, did I miss something? What is this about? That’s all I thought. Then I clicked another and it was the same. What is this? There appear to be hundreds of people posting videos of themselves eating. Dipping, slurping, smacking and talking with their mouths full of food! Someone please enlighten me. I’m wondering if this some fetish or weird trend that I am naïve to.
That grosses me out.
@SonjaRae (4960)
Me too John, but there is a reason or purpose I’m guessing!
@TheSojourner (34366)
Ah! This, of course, is the craze called, "mukbang." I learned about this recently from a very dear person in my life.
@SonjaRae (4960)
Lmao
@SonjaRae don't laugh too hard, or you won't have any more to laugh off!
@SonjaRae (4960)
@TheSojourner oh goodness!!!
I check the recipes on YouTube, I cannot stand Instagram, people are so rude, they show their worst side on that site.
@SonjaRae (4960)
The only reason I have an Instagram account is because my daughter has one and posts pictures and videos of my grandchildren. I hear you, I go to AllRecipies if I want to look up a recipe.
@SonjaRae I know that my niece has an Instagram account, most people have one to share pictures. I share some pictures only with my cousin and we use FB.
@SonjaRae (4960)
@LadyDuck There’s nothing wrong with social media and what everybody uses it for but good grief I did not understand what some of the stuff was
• Leesburg, Georgia
Ew! I have no idea what it's about, not for me though. Lol.
@SonjaRae (4960)
Me either! I figured if I put it out there, someone might know something that would explain what the heck this is for!