Happy Anniversary-It has been 9 years!

@SonjaRae (4960)
On June 1, 2010 I boarded a plane for my first and only one way trip. After almost 2 years of unemployment, struggling to compete in the Banking industry after the demise of WAMU and take over by Chase, I made the decision to leave my home state of California and moved to Tulsa, Oklahoma. I landed a job with BOK and would embark upon a new chapter of my life. This chapter has been filled with many things, some good, some bad and many lessons. I changed professions from Banking to the Legal Field, gained copious amounts of knowledge, learned to trust the process, learned to ask for help, allowing myself to be vulnerable and accepted disappointment in mass proportions. No regrets! Only a huge gratitude for those who have supported me and loved me despite my failures and celebrated with me in my ability to conquer and overcome.
Congratulations for taking your destiny into your hands instead of waiting and hoping to find a new job as the one you lost.
@SonjaRae (4960)
Thank you Anna! You are always so very kind! Such a blessing you are!
@SonjaRae Thank you Sonja for your kind and heartwarming words.
@SonjaRae (4960)
@LadyDuck The pleasure is all mine.
@Dena91 (16102)
Happy anniversary to you. Sometimes making great leaps of faith in changes in our lives teaches us the most unexpected things. Glad you are doing well with your new profession. I have family in Oklahoma, Muskogee, Tulsa and outside of Oklahoma City. My Choctaw Indian great grandparents were there until they were forced to move along the Trail of Tears, eventually settling in southern California where my grand mom would finish growing up and living out the rest of her life.
@SonjaRae (4960)
How did your family fair through the recent storms? Every one is okay I hope!
@Dena91 (16102)
@SonjaRae Everyone is okay.
@SonjaRae (4960)
@Dena91 Glad to hear that. OKC is no stranger to taking the brunt end of things with storms.
That's great you grew and overcame.
@SonjaRae (4960)
Thank you Valerie!
@SonjaRae You're welcome.
@TheSojourner (34366)
My dearest sister, it is so amazing that it is been so long since you left California. Life takes us in directions that we never realize what we will learn. All we can do is trust the process. I love you, you are my heart, and I miss you so much.
@SonjaRae (4960)
You are my rock when I need grounding and my wings when I need to fly! I love you Sis!
@SonjaRae Now you are going to make me cry. And all those people out here if they read this, are going to realize I'm not just a pain in the butt.
@SonjaRae (4960)
@TheSojourner never just a pain in the butt my dear sister… You multitask! lmao I love you!
@Gillygirl (43113)
• Sutton, England
You and your sister are amazing. Good luck in your new career. It is brave of you to move to another state!
@SonjaRae (4960)
Thanks Gilly!
I told her not to tell anybody that I was okay to be around. We're going to have to give her something to wonder about, sister!
@SonjaRae (4960)
@TheSojourner You are so silly! But I wouldn’t have it any other way
@LeaPea2417 (32395)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Happy Anniversary! Glad you were able to conquer and overcome.
@SonjaRae (4960)
Thanks!!!
'when one door closes 'nother opens', sometimes folks jest can't seem to make that leap 'f faith to walk through 't. congrats'n retakin' yer power 'n shinin' e'en brighter.
@SonjaRae (4960)
Amen to that!!!
Way to go! I admire you for getting and taking life in your own hands.
@SonjaRae (4960)
Thanks dear! I appreciate it!
@MGjhaud (21944)
I remember my very first plane ride too. It was for my very first job, right after college. Somehow changed my life. Keep going. I wish you a wonderful life ahead.
@SonjaRae (4960)
Thank you Joy!
Good morning.That is quite a challenge there.Wish you the best of luck.You will love Tulsa so I heard.
@SonjaRae (4960)
9 years and going strong! Thank you!
Happy belated anniversary of the day you started a very new chapter in your life - I'm sure it was a huge step. Through the good and the rough, you DID make it through !
@SonjaRae (4960)
Thank you for my belated wishes! Yes ma’am I sure did make it through!
• Walnut Creek, California
Glad you made a change that worked for you. I sometimes wonder if it's time for me to go work for a luthier somewhere.
@SonjaRae (4960)
LOL Right?
It was quite brave of you to make that move. Glad that it worked out for you.
• Israel
@SonjaRae it is hard to start over again. Congrats to you. Are you still in Oklahoma? You should be very proud of yourself for the move and your accomplishments,