Looking To Double My Money

@porwest (15684)
I usually do not make it a point to make goals here for payouts. It just seems to make the whole thing seem like more work than fun, and it's supposed to be fun. BUT, I do like making money, even if the point here is more to have fun than make money. Although, I would not be here if there was no monetary element to the site. But this month I decided to have a little bit of fun by setting a goal in a different way. ALL of my earnings go into a savings account I hold at Ally Bank. Being that I have money saved there from here and other places, I of course get paid interest. Last month I was paid $15.41 in interest. So, I am now setting out to double that interest payment by earning at least $15.41 in June. I think it can be done. Certainly I will have a shot at getting a bit more when I travel next week and the last week of the month. Think I can do it? Only one way to find out. I just have to get to it.
I used to have an Ally bank account but I never used it. I now have a Smarty Pig Account that I draft some of my earnings into every once in awhile. I really need to do better about putting my earnings into that account as it's for rainy day and adventures. At the beginning of this year I attempted to earn more here and succeeded. Of course, I also spent way too much time here as a result. Even so, I earned about $18.00 two or three months in a row. This month I want to earn a little more than I did last month, last month I made about $10.00 here. I'm not worried about it though, if it happens it happens.
I agree that you can make decent money here but you do have to spend a lot of time
@Marilynda1225 There are some that I know are here all the time and make double what I did when I was actively trying. I just do not have the time to be on here all day and night
@Torunn (4865)
• Norway
They pay the interests every month? Never heard of that here, not when it's interest I get, only when it's interest I pay
@porwest (15684)
Maybe they do it differently in Norway, but in the United States, yes. You get paid interest every single month. It all adds up over time. See, what the banks do is take your money in and then lend that money to people for cars, houses, vacations, credit cards, and whatever else. They make interest on the money they lend and they pay you to deposit the money they can then use to lend.
@Torunn (4865)
• Norway
@porwest I think that's what they do here too, they just skip the part with giving us interests every month. Maybe if you have so much money that the banks quarrel about you, they'd pay your interest every month. I'm not really there :-)
@porwest (15684)
@Torunn Here it doesn't matter how much money you have. BUT, certainly the more money you have, the more the banks want to cater to you.
Yes, you can if you spend a little time each day here. I already made payout for June and I was gone for 4 days. Dont know what to talk about? How about what you see while traveling, the hotels, the people you meet?
@porwest (15684)
Good idea on the ideas for things to write about. One thing I always find is a lot of fodder. People are neat.
@KrauseHome (36632)
@andriaperry you have made payout already for June. That is nice. I need to be more active here if I am going to make it.
@KrauseHome Yes I am a few pennies away from $10. I have coffee with mylot and then while I am resting at night. Not much at all.
Sounds like something you can do. Hope you even pass it
@porwest (15684)
Passing it would be even better. Onward and upward.
@RubyHawk (33877)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I wish you luck. I would have to stay on mylot for probably 6 to 8 hours a day to earn that much.
• Svalbard And Jan Mayen
Me too..
@RubyHawk (33877)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@ihasaquestion Maybe some people type faster than we do.
• Svalbard And Jan Mayen
@RubyHawk Yes, I think so..
@ShyBear88 (27103)
I think you can with a lot of hard work!
@ShyBear88 (27103)
@porwest you call it whatever you feel like. When your don’t something and putting effort into then it’s work York doing some kind of work.
@porwest (15684)
@ShyBear88 I suppose. It is all a matter of perspective. But as soon as I feel like this thing is becoming work, I log out.
Goal setting seems to me a primarily American thing. I don't remember it to the same extent from the European sites I was on.
@porwest (15684)
It is probably one of the reasons that the United States is one of the richest nations in the world. You cannot get anywhere without a goal and a plan for reaching it.
@porwest I think it has to do with the prevailing religion, the Protestant work ethics.
@porwest (15684)
@MALUSE That could be some of it as well. Not sure.
That's doable. I'm sure you'll make that goal.
@porwest (15684)
I am keeping my fingers crossed. Onward and upward,
@porwest I think you'll do it.
@porwest (15684)
@just4him I hope you are right. But I need to have the same attitude about it as you. I am certainly going to try, though. That's for sure.
@kareng (13525)
Yes, you CAN do it. You just need to set your mind toward it. I like setting personal goals. And the income we make here is just the icing on the cake. But, I consider the friendships made here and the interactions the main attraction to MyLot. Good Luck to you.
@porwest (15684)
I am the same way too. I enjoy the interaction. But I have said that if the money stopped here, so would I.
@kareng (13525)
@porwest I probably would also unless very bored. I have a lot to do to not ever be bored
@porwest (15684)
@kareng It is a conundrum.
I will be lucky if I make payout this month. I plan to travel a lot and part of the time I will be places with poor connection and very little wi fi. I was a bit bored of myself and slowed down a lot earlier this month and it shows in my lack of earning. You can do it if you can be present and give us something to comment on.
@porwest (15684)
Despite maybe not making your payout, I hope you have a great time wherever you are going. As for me, I will do my best.
• Dallas, Texas
Interesting to know. Keep it up. Be positive.
You can do anything you set your mind too I am rooting for you as long as you consistent and diligent and active here I believe that you can accomplish that goal and more.
@KrauseHome (36632)
Yes that would be a nice goal, and you can do it if you keep focused. It has been a couple of months for me since I made payout as I have not been that active here. I am trying to keep more busy and stay caught up. But we shall see.
@janethwayne (4046)
Good for you that you have that strategy and goal .But me all my earnings are spent right away anyway so I just stick the minimum and I know you can make it if you really want to reach what you wanted.
@dodo19 (36678)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's definitely a good plan to have. It definitely does seem like something that you can do. I wish you best of luck!
• Svalbard And Jan Mayen
That's a nice goal. It's slow yet steady.
• Rupert, Idaho
Sounds like a good plan/goal....I think you can! Best of luck!
@Nevena83 (29379)
• Serbia
I'm sure you will succeed, you just have to be very active.
Good luck, I think I am here for conversation, I never make much and sometimes not paid for months, because of not being able to get here. If you can make some money nothing wrong with that, so you much be around somewhere earning your money.
It sounds like a worthwhile goal!