Excuse Me Maam, Do U Have A Couple Dollars!!

@db20747 (19593)
Washington, District Of Columbia
So I can get me something to eat!! Get me a sandwich??!! This is a line I rarely can refuse!! He was so nice!! And even complimented my hair!! They know what a woman wants to hear!! Of course I spared the two!! After a few minutes, I notice he comes out the store, and he slips a bottle inside his coat pocket!! Thank u , he says!! I think he notices that I see this!! You sure look pretty!! Once Again, he knows what a woman wants to hear!! Do u give for a sandwich then find them gulping down a beer or sipping lady bird?!! My friend says dont worry about this!! At least u gave!! How do u handle giving money like this to those saying they want something to eat??!!
@moffittjc (55294)
• Gainesville, Florida
If the person tells me they are hungry, I tell them I would be happy to go inside the store or restaurant and buy them some food. Most of the time they decide, because we all know they don't wan the money for the food! One time, I passed a homeless man as I was going to McDonalds to get some lunch. While I was there, I decided to buy the man a couple of hamburgers. When I went back to where he was and gave him the bag of burgers, he threw a fit. I guess he was mad that there wasn't some Mad Dog or Boone's Farm inside the bag! haha
@db20747 (19593)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Oh goodness!! Maybe he was looking for a Big Mac!! But a bottle of MD 20/20 , just might have made his day!!
@moffittjc (55294)
• Gainesville, Florida
@db20747 There was a time in my high school years where a bottle of MD 20/20 would have made my day! LOL
@db20747 (19593)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
@moffittjc u didnt under age drink. did U , young man??!!
I am so happy I did not read what I thought you were going to say. I always keep a few things in mind. That could be my child asking for help. I could fall on hard times and again it is me asking. And then I believe that some power is running this planet and if that ever reveals an angel in those rags. I know where I want to go.
@db20747 (19593)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Some people I'm learning to size up!! A few ladies have gone with me to the store and taco bell and I bought them a meal!! But some of these ole guys got the line down pat!! Especially the you look pretty line!!! I'm just weighing in a little more these days!! I'm kinda broke myself these days so I'm a little more cautious!!
@db20747 when I am low on funds I say you have more than me today. I keep walking with a smile.
@db20747 (19593)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
@sharon6345 that's a good way to say it!!
I would buy someone food but I wouldn't give them money
@db20747 (19593)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
I'm learning to better read people!! I will now try to ask them if they want to get a sandwich!! If they say theyll go, I'll say ok!!
We are not allowed to give money, the police asked NEVER to give money, if they say they are hungry we can buy food for them, a hot drink (or a cold one in summer), but no money at all. I think it's a good policy. They can have free clothing visiting the local charities.
@db20747 (19593)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
I wouldnt say never give money!! A person may be short!! But buying a meal is a good idea!! This is a good way to make sure they get what they asked for!!
@db20747 Those who need money know where they have to go. I remember a few years ago people started to give money and we were inundated by people coming from Italy. They asked money during the day, broke into the apartments during the night. It never happened again after the ban.
@db20747 being a recovering Compulsive Gambler and well aware of the addictions among this population I have 3 courses of action: 1. I have offered to get the person food from a local restaurant (usually Fast food). To the extent of asking what food they would like so that when I bring it they accept it. I have on occasion sat down with the person for a meal and talked with them. 2. I avoid giving anything cash wise to the person. Partly because I also note where the person is. The reason is because there are people who are "panhandling" for a living to avoid working (often they have their speech crafted). 3. I say a prayer with them and explain that I do not have money to help thing (I am on a limited income).
An Oregon writer takes to an Oregon City street to test who gives, who gives more, and how much he can make if he treats panhandling like a job.
The I-Team hits the streets to find out what panhandlers are doing with your dollars.
@db20747 (19593)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
U can kind of tell when the speech is well crafted!! Buying the sandwich and saying a prayer is a very good way to get them what they need! Thank u for the links!!
I don't give money to people like that. My charity is to give food donations to the local buddhist monestary,and occasionally to the food bank.
@db20747 (19593)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
This is a good way to ensure it goes where needed!!
• Agra, India
I prefer to buy the sandwich myself and then give it .
@db20747 (19593)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
That is a good way to make sure they get what they need!!
• Agra, India
@db20747 yes...they always misuse money.
@Nakitakona (5309)
No problem as long as I have the money. I am a generous man so as with my wife.
@db20747 (19593)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
That is very generous!!
@db20747 Yes, it's more blessed to give than to receive. That's what I learned from the Bible.
@didinedhia (7584)
• Algeria
It would be better if we give them food and clothes
@db20747 (19593)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
That is a good way to make sure they get what that ask for!@
• Algeria
@db20747 yes exactly
@kareng (12165)
I won't give them money because there are too many that do this to make a living. Helping someone be a scammer, is not helping them. It's sad. Buy them food, yes, that is a better solution. But then again, most don't want food. I have seen some throw it in the trash.
@db20747 (19593)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Going into the restaurant with them is a sure way to give them what they ask for and need!!
@RubyHawk (32535)
• Atlanta, Georgia
It's hard to know what to do. I give when I think the person is honest.
@db20747 (19593)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
These guys have the line down to a Tee!! I can tell now when someone really wants a sandwich h!!
@RubyHawk (32535)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@db20747 I bought one boy a tent . He had no place to sleep and I knew he needed it. Another guy that hangs out around the Kroger parking lot I wouldn't give a penny to. I see people give him money just to get rid of him..
I buy a sandwich. I have been scammed too many times by this line. I am NOT that beautiful
@db20747 (19593)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
They have this line down pat!! Especially the arent you pretty line!!!
@db20747 It is up to you to buy it. I donĀ“t anymore.
@LeaPea2417 (25318)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I wouldn't money. I would buy food for the person.
@db20747 (19593)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Yes, this is what they asked for, this makes sure they get what they asked for!!
@nela13 (21126)
• Portugal
I would give him the sandwich instead of the money too.
@db20747 (19593)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Yes, this is how u know for sure!!
@Kasjnak (4003)
I usually give money to people after I do a little research. I'm used to beggars and I know many of the tricks they use. But there are some that really have sad stories. There was an old woman that used to beg, she wanted money. Mostly money.I found out she had a son, he was a drunkard and violent, he had no income and he terrorised her. But she still loved him and all the money she got were for him. Her only joy was when people gave her money because she hoped her son will be pleased. This was more than 12 years ago, but I'll always remember her.
@db20747 (19593)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Learning to tell who is genuine!! Very good to talk with people!! I know they appreciate someone to talk to!!
@parpande (1181)
• Bangalore, India
@db20747 If I notice such people I would use head rather than heart to think how can a person not get bread, is that so hard. Feeding ourselves is something one should have been doing till the date he is begging for food then how did he earn his bread the last day or yesterday??
@db20747 (19593)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
If they are real they're bread came from donations!! Giving them a sandwich makes sure they get what they need!!
@simplfred (9369)
Are they beggars? We have a lot of beggars here if we give money to one, more will come and for sure they will keep coming back...