I'm a Little Slow Today

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I haven't looked at the weather this morning to find out if it's the culprit, but I'm a slow mover this morning. I'm leaning heavily on my cane. It feels like a chore to move. I really need to do laundry, but there's no way I can do those stairs today, even if he has off, which he normally does on Tuesday. The laundry can wait a few days. I'm not desperate yet. I knew it would be a hard day today when I went to bed last night and every bone in my body hurt and so did every muscle. So, I'm taking it easy today. Hopefully tomorrow everything will be back to normal. In other news, I had a different kind of day yesterday. My friend down the hall called me and asked me to take her to the ER. She was having painful heart palpitations. It turned out her heart was fine, which is good. I hate it though when the doctor can't tell you what caused the pain. They only eliminated the probable cause. So, she went home still in pain and only told to take Tylenol or Ibuprofen for it. Such is our health system. No clear answers. How are you doing today? Thanks for reading. The picture is from the Botanical Gardens Lego display last year.
She probably needs to visit her regular doctor who would know her history and may have some ideas for tests to do. Emergency doctors are not the best for ongoing care and diagnosis unless it is a stroke or heart attack. I hope she gets some relief. I woke with a wicked headache today and body aches, of course, it is rainy and cold!! I hope you also feel better. It sounds like a good day for a pot of soup!!
She has a doctor visit already scheduled for Monday from her last visit to the doctor. We'll see what happens. This setback could disrupt all of her plans. She desperately wants to become a foster parent, but her doctor is giving invalid excuses not to sign the paperwork. Thank you. I'm sure it's the weather too. I hope your headache goes away.
@just4him It did I took two ibuprofen but since it bothers my stomach there is a price to pay.
@BelleStarr I'm sorry it bothers your stomach. I'm glad the headache is gone. It makes the day much better.
Sorry your friend didnt get answers, but glad to hear it wasnt anything wrong with her heart. Sorry about your pains too.. wish we could all live without them.
That would be truly awesome.
@just4him no doubt about that .
@Nakitakona (5309)
Hope tomorrow would be fine for you. Take some rest, my friend.
I hope tomorrow will be better also. I need to get back to the pool.
@just4him I said all is well, my friend.
@cacay1 (39658)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@just4him let us hope and pray my friend.Better hot compressed the affected area to relive some pains of your knee.
I would go to see my doctor, pain in the chest is never a good sign and Tylenol or Ibuprofen only "mask" the pain, they do not solve the problem.
No, they don't. She has an appointment with her doctor on Monday.
@cacay1 (39658)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@LadyDuck, in Ph, Ibuprofen is banned by the Department of Health for some risks of cancer. But it really reduces pain. I had taken that med when I had pain in my right thumb , the one I related before, a taxi driver locked the glass window with my right palm/ thumb holding it.
@just4him I am glad she is going to see her doctor.
I'm glad your friend doesn't have a heart problem but it sure would be nice if doctors would actually care enough to try to find out why there's pain.
That would be really good if they'd do that.
I go to a D.O. instead of a M.D. simply because they generally deal with the whole body rather than just body parts plus they try to help you find the right kinds of foods that will help with whatever condition you may have @just4him
@rebelann What's a D.O.?
@Janet357 (17131)
sorry to hear this. what health issues do you have? i.meant how come your muscles ache that you cant walk well?
I have arthritis bad in my knees. They're up for knee surgery, but I need to lose the weight first. I think today it's more weather than anything else.
@Janet357 (17131)
@just4him i see. Miss val is the pain in fingers one of the first sign of arthritis? My husband complains about it
@cacay1 (39658)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@just4him , don't eat acidic foods my friend, the more arthritis attacks furiously. My sister never misses acidic foods in meals, so she almost cannot walk well. She was told to withdraw eating acidic foods, but she is hard headed.. Also red meat not good, too sugary and too salty, not good to those sick of arthritis.
@Gillygirl (31051)
• Sutton, England
I hope your friend is okay, I don't trust some doctors in ER
@cacay1 (39658)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Agree 3000 times onward doctors are sometimes the source of patients serious illnesses , others not based on actual diagnosis. They just imagine money, money but patients may have million loses and sickness gets worsen .
@Gillygirl The ER doctors here are okay. Nothing to write home about, but they're okay. She's seeing her doctor on Monday, so we'll see what happens from there.
@cacay1 Yes, it does.
@rakski (32239)
I hope you will feel better today. The chores can wait, as long as you feel better. I hope your friend will be okay too
Thank you. As they say, this too shall pass.
@rakski (32239)
@just4him that is right
@cacay1 (39658)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@rakski, it I so important to take care of the self. Things undone can wait.
Your friend should see a cardiologist. Those pains and heart palpitations need more tests. Feel better and do take it easy.
She sees her doctor on Monday and will see what she says. Thanks, I am.
@cacay1 (39658)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@DianneN, we have the same suggestions for the fried of Valerie, no other expert to diagnose her friend except a Cardio.
@cacay1 (39658)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@just4him , so the result will be known on Monday June 17? Please share us here the result of your neighbor's sickness. Take care too. I hope no more pain felt in your body.
@moonandstars (17068)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
This is lego? I would never tell, nice! I hope your friend is better now. Summer, the season I hate the most, what to say...
It's not my favorite season either, my least favorite. I love winter. Yes, that's Legos.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@just4him I also love winter and, autumn. I've never appreciated them before but, now I do.
@moonandstars It's the nicest time of year.
I'm sorry to read about your friend - and also that your muscles and bones are aching. I hope you both feel better soon.
@cacay1 (39658)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@JudyEv, life won't be inspiring if body is sick. let us pray Valerie's arthritis will be cured and her neighbor too can have accurate diagnosis from her doctor. We need to listen to our body.
@cacay1 That's very true.
@JudyEv I'm doing much better this morning and will be heading to the pool soon.
@Nevena83 (27571)
• Serbia
I'm sorry that you feel slow today, maybe the weather is a culprit. I'm glad your friend's heart is good. And here doctors often do not give answers.
Thank you. I'm doing better today. I've been to the pool.
@Nevena83 (27571)
• Serbia
@just4him I'm glad you're better. Pool helps you?
@Nevena83 Yes, it does. Thank you.
oh those weather systems :( i feel fer ya 's i've been 'bout the same. woke plum 'xhausted yesterday 'n today aint bein' much kinder. i tend to trip o'er the cane so've chosen to jest drag the left leg... sounds's though we've not 's good'a control o'er our 'nflammation 'fter all. nice that'cha took yer neighbor to the e.r. sounds's though they'd be kin to the ones here though. rule out heart 'ttack 'n then jest send'ja home with a band-aid. could be she's stressed'n not truly certain 'bout 'comin' a foster parent?? sendin' healin' hugs yer way ~
She wants to be a foster parent real bad. This going to the ER might go against her as her doctor looks for every excuse to say she's not qualified. She is. She's wonderful with children. Thanks for the hugs. I was in the pool this morning and right now my knees feel good. Hugs back at ya.
@just4him bless 'er, perhaps such jest aint meant to be :( yer welcome! so glad to hear that those knees're bein' quiet today, hon.
@crazyhorseladycx Thank you. I hope she can be a foster parent. It's hard when the doctor is against her.
@amandajay (20869)
• North Shore, New Zealand
Hope you will be ok soon. it happens for people, don't worry
Thank you. I'm much better today.
@amandajay (20869)
• North Shore, New Zealand
@just4him glad you are feeling better... take care
@porwest (14746)
Glad to hear your friend was okay. That would be kind of scary.
It was, but she's okay. She'll see her doctor on Monday.
@porwest (14746)
@just4him Very good.
I wish your neighbor had been given an answer. If the pain continues, she would be wise to consult her doctor. It is a lovely weather day here.
@cacay1 (39658)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Corbin5, her neighbor should see a cardio,
She has a doctor appointment for Monday and will see what she says. It was nice here yesterday too. Rain today.
@TheSojourner (22291)
I'm sorry to hear that you are having a a tough day. When our knees and other things start to act up, it makes mobility so difficult. I'm sorry also to hear about your friend. I'm glad her heart was fine, but I'm wondering if it could have been gall stones. The peacock photo is beautiful. What a gorgeous creature.
That's Lego's. It is gorgeous. Yes, it makes moving difficult. I'll ask her if she's ever had gallstone problems.
@cacay1 (39658)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@TheSojourner , very well said, very tough day or days will be observed if sick with arthritis.
@wolfgirl569 (16318)
• Marion, Ohio
Hope your friend sees her doctor. That is never a good thing.
No, it's not. I checked on her yesterday. She slept a lot.
@mom210 (7455)
Does she have high BP, that will do that. I am sorry you are having a rough day, I hope tomorrow is a better one.
Thank you. Today is better. I went to the pool for the first time this week.
She may have been in an anxiety attack, or I know someone that did that and was having a Gallbladder attack, she went to the e.r. many times thinking it was a heart attack, she "MADE" her doctor go a scan on her gallbladder and that was it she had 2 huge gallstones.
I'm glad she found the reason behind the attack.