It's Tuesday and Life Is So Good

I have been awake since 5 a.m. with some restless sleep. Now, It's 10:15 a.m. and I feel that I made a good faith effort here on myLot to read for an hour and comment. I had very few notifications to wake up to, so needed to catch up in other ways. I am also finishing up Animal Farm, by George Orwell. I picked up another book yesterday called Life Is So Good, written by George Dawson and Richard Glaubman. It is Mr. Dawson's memoir. It was published in 2000, when Dawson was 101-years-old. He learned to read at 98-years-old, and lived by the philosophy that "life is so good." I am looking forward to reading this one. I went to the library yesterday, and they are having a summer challenge (1 Jun to 31 Aug) to read 100 hours. It is open to children, teens, and adults. They have a tracking sheet (designed for kids or the "kid in me"), and I have actually been able to track more than 10 hours, because I started keeping a diary/journal this month of how I have been spending my time this month. My knee has been bothering me something terrible lately. It's like one of the ligaments gets inflamed. Last evening, it was not so angry, so I did walk for 90 minutes, but did it mostly on flat surface. I was able to get 11,000+ steps in for 5.5 mi/8.85km. The knee is a little achy this morning, but not too bad. I want to get out and walk a little bit before it gets too hot. It is to get to a high of 82F/28C degrees. It is already 71F/22C degrees. April, May, and this first third of this month has taken its toll on me, and I need to get back on track. I have put back on about 8 lbs/3.6kg, and have not been as active as I had been this fall and winter. I need to take back my life. It can be such a struggle when there are certain memories that take over. But...it's always a new day, each day we awaken. Today, like yesterday, I am going to be conscious of the types of foods I eat, and do so healthily. I am also going to get that walk in, making sure that I do not use a little pain to keep me from doing what is best for me. I will do what I can, but not overdo it to cause more trouble. I ate up the last of the salad ( that did not get eaten for dinner last night) as my breakfast. I also made myself a smoothie with two guava, and half each banana and pear, with a cupful of plain kefir. So, that's been my morning so far. I better get my shoes on and get to walking. Have a wonderful Tuesday! Do you have plans? Photo is my own of one of my art projects.. "Song of the Sea," 2016, mixed media art projects. I create art under the name, CocoGypsy. (Not available for purchase.)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to navigation Jump to search This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.Fin
You did well with your walking. It's easier to put those pounds on than to take them off. I hope you can do it. I'm up too and not happy about it.
I did so little in April and May and I just pretty much shut myself down. It took a while to happen. I ended up gaining 10 lb from my lowest ever on this journey. Which put me back up over the 200 mark. I don't want to go there and I can tell that my clothes are fitting differently after 5 lb now at this stage of where I am. So, I know I need to just get out there and do it and it's got to become a daily routine for me in some fashion. So I ended up doing it 11400 steps day before yesterday and yesterday 12000 something. Unfortunately, it energized me doing it too late and I have been unable to sleep, so I'm going to try and get a couple hours nap here this morning and then get up and start doing things and I will walk again so I may not get to 10,000 today but I don't know. It's a struggle no matter which way we look at it, at least for some of us
@TheSojourner I hit 220 yesterday for the first time in a year. I hoped never to see that number again. I've been trying to get to 210 for my next goal but it's been impossible this year. The closest I got was 213. Just three pounds is all I needed. Now, I need 11. I hope you can get your steps in today and keep it up.
@TheSojourner Yes, we can do this. I tried finding another program yesterday, but that didn't work. I looked for calorie counters and signed up for one, but I think I'm going to do that myself. I want to see how many calories I typically eat in a day. Then hope to maintain 1200 a day. It should be doable. I have a feeling I'm not far from that now.
no plans just hanging out and listening to Chet Baker my favorite jazz artist.
Chet Baker was always one of my favorites. Do you play trumpet?
@TheSojourner No I do not.Used to play alto sax.Not any more. Have a good evening
@amadeo made my living for a number of years as a singer and percussionist. But I haven't done it for quite a long time. I would love to start singing again, and I just picked up an electric piano. Trying to remember how to play chords again without having to think!
perhaps ya need to try some 'f that cbd lotion fer that knee? i've heard great speak from some folks that've used 't - if'n such 'nterests ya, do yer homework's they'd not all be created equal. glad yer gettin' yer readin' done, does wonders fer the mind to get lost'n such. keep'n mind that'cha cant' change the past, ya can 'nly control the now. plans?? why's so many folks here 'nterested'n plans????? lol, i've none, particularly thus far this week. i've the 'nergy 'f a squished toad. 've had to force myself to move since sunday. hopin' things'll settle once this next front comes'n goes.
Regarding the CBD oil, I cannot use it. I live on a military installation, and the use of any type of cannabis product is a federal offense. So, I don't need to put myself in that situation. And, at this point I can't afford to move off the base yet, but I would use CBD oil if I didn't live where I live. I would not ever smoke pot, because the idea of smoking anything does not appeal to me whatsoever. Regarding Edibles, who knows? Maybe before I die one day I'll get high! And I know I cannot control the past, am I appreciate the reminder of that. And as far as plans? Well we can't really control the future all the time either, so maybe plans need to be just thrown out the window! Haha
@TheSojourner i've not used the schtuff myself, though a medical card 'twas offered due to the crohn's. magnesium oil might help with yer knee. do ya take any collagen supplements? the hubs chugs down knox unflavored gelatin 'n when he 'twas takin' 't, his ol' knees felt really good. he goes'n kicks 'bout that sorta thingy like a spoiled brat. decides he don't need 't, 'd rather whine'n complain 'bout the pain.... if'n i don't make plans, i don't gotta fret o'er not bein' able to do 'em. that'd be my line 'f thinkin' anyhow. no guilt that way. all part 'f that lettin' go 'f schtuff ya can't control.
@crazyhorseladycx I shall look into the magnesium oil. TY for the suggestion. I had someone say something about glucosamine?
@porwest (14746)
Never read the book. Animal House. Is it any good? As for my Tuesday plans, nothing special. I am traveling on business...so that's pretty much it.
You know, it's really funny because I couldn't figure out why you wrote Animal House. And then I reread what I had written and realized my mistake! I think that the reason my brain went to Animal House was because Napolean, and the other pigs have moved to the house. Of course I meant Animal Farm!
@porwest (14746)
@TheSojourner Ah! Hmmm. So, if nothing else, it proves I actually read your post.
@porwest do you mean that you didn't do it to point out the error?
• Rupert, Idaho
Sounds like a good reading challenge, definitely a good idea for kids, and adults! Sorry to hear about the pain in your knee. But hope you can get back on track, I know it is not always an easy thing to do!
Sometimes I have this stupid flare up and I don't know why. It's been happening for the last 3 years or so. I'll wake up and it just screams. Can barely even touch it or step on it, but then Justice miraculously it will go away I'll wake up and it's inflamed, and then 30 minutes later it's as if it never happened. It's so weird.
• Rupert, Idaho
@TheSojourner Well I am still sorry to hear about that! That is weird that it happens like that....
@MommyOfEli2013 it has a little ache to it right now, but nothing on the ligament. It's just weird.
@wolfgirl569 (16318)
• Marion, Ohio
I went to the auction then the doctor. Hope you got out before it got hot outside.
I actually decided not to walk this morning, but decided to do it tonight. I'd forgotten that I had a Meetup Group to go to, so I ended up doing that this evening, and got home about 9:35 and decided to walk for about an hour and 20 minutes. Of course now I feel energized. Even though I worked up a good sweat. I hope things went well at the doctor appointment
@wolfgirl569 (16318)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheSojourner Glad getting a walk helped. Yes it went good, just allergies starting. Getting old sucks
@wolfgirl569 I know what you mean. But, I don't think getting old sucks anymore since my dx. I want to get old. I'll be alive, pains and aches and allergies and sleeplessness be damned!
@whiteream (6093)
I hope you have a wonderful day. I have no real plans for today. Just the same old homework and writing.
What are you studying?
@whiteream (6093)
@TheSojourner business/ marketing
@whiteream that's an interesting field. Do you have anything specific that you want to do with that degree?
@LindaOHio (5066)
Should you maybe get that knee looked at? I think you should be resting it. The reading challenge sounds like a good one. Nothing new on my agenda today. I do have a dentist appointment this week. Long story; but a front tooth is a little loose; and I think he's going to want to pull it. I want an implant since it's in the front. Going to cost mucho $$.
Ugh. I hope you are okay with that dentist appointment. Not fun. I don't go to the doctor any more about those kinds of aches and pains (knee). I will not have any other surgeries unless it is directly related to the cancer.
@LindaOHio (5066)
@TheSojourner OK. You know best. The tooth pulling is not a problem (although I hate the thought of losing a tooth--but it's my fault)...it's the implant that I'm worried about. I don't know how painful that is. I had to have two back teeth pulled because I was opening pistachios with my teeth (bad girl); and they hardly hurt at all.
@LindaOHio I've had an implant done and there's some pain, but they're much better than having a bridge
@JustBhem (52277)
• Davao, Philippines
It’s morning on a Wednesday here, and I just started my journey today.
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
@JustBhem (52277)
• Davao, Philippines
@TheSojourner And I’m doing it. Thanks.
Do not walk for so many miles if your knee hurts, my cousin did not listen to her knee and now she has to rest for 10 days without walking.
It's not inflamed, so it's back to its "normal" just getting older state. I'm being careful. No hill/mtn climbing.
@TheSojourner Good, my shoulder hurts today but I am sure I did nothing wrong, may be the weather.
@CarolDM (29436)
Enjoy your day. No plans here.
I'm going to head to the library now. Hopefully I will get some walking in real soon. I haven't left home yet!
I have a knee that gets really achy too. I sure would enjoy reading Mr. Dawson's memoir.
It really sounds like an interesting book and I'm looking forward to reading it.
Glad to hear things are mostly good.
It all beats the alternative, you know? LOL