Good Morning! / Windows Update *URGH!* / Managed Notifications / Washed Dishes / Watching Black Mirror! /

@tech40 (17043)
Good Morning everyone! I'm so happy that I was able to get 8 hours of sleep last night! Probably I'm tired that's why I was able to sleep enough and ready for my class for today! This morning I decided to check update for my laptop because I can't turn it off! It keeps on updating by itself! There are even times that it is updating while I'm in the middle of the class! So every day I keep it updated manually every morning just to make sure that it'll not update while I'm on my class! So today's update took me for 2 hours! It's so long! Luckily I don't have a class for 2 hours so I was able to manage my notifications here on myLot, After I finished doing notification I decided to wash dishes, it's a lot since my girlfriend eat a lot while she's working, so there's a lot of plates, luckily I was able to finish it while watching Netflix, I almost finished this episode and I'm starting to look for another series that I'm going to watch, any advice?
• Agra, India
That is so sweet of you to do the dishes. Your girlfriend is lucky to have you.
@tech40 (17043)
I'm not sure if I'm going to say yes or no, but thanks! How about you? Do you wash dishes?
• Agra, India
@tech40 no...we have a maid who does this.
@tech40 (17043)
@amitkokiladitya That's great! Since you have maid then you can do more things
@JustBhem (52277)
• Davao, Philippines
So you and your girlfriend are living together?
@tech40 (17043)
Yeah,
@JustBhem (52277)
• Davao, Philippines
@tech40 How long?
@tech40 (17043)
@JustBhem More than a year already
@ShifaLk (14144)
Wow your girlfriend is really lucky to have such a boyfriend
@tech40 (17043)
How can you tell? Anyway I just finished washing dishes, I hope you feel good
@ShifaLk (14144)
@tech40 because You do so much household stuff I am better, thanks
@tech40 (17043)
@ShifaLk Oh well, we're sharing the tasks anyway, whoever isn't busy that's the one who's going the tasks
Windows update annoys me as well! What windows do you have?
@tech40 (17043)
I'm using Windows 10, how about you?
@tech40 I'm using windows 7 that should be the reason why you have a huge updates.
@tech40 (17043)
@JasminRuru I see! Yeah, Windows 7 been there for a couple of years probably that's why you don't get any update? or lesser update?
• Rupert, Idaho
Glad you got 8 hours of sleep, that's nice! Sorry to hear about your laptop....not sure what to say about that! That's a long time to update!
@tech40 (17043)
Thank you! I wish you'll get enough sleep too! Yeah that's correct it takes too much of time! That's why there are times that I need to wake up 2 hours earlier before my class to make sure that I can check the update.
• Rupert, Idaho
@tech40 Thanks, I am sure I will...but not bedtime yet haha. Oh wow, that would be a pain to have to wake up early for that!
@tech40 (17043)
@MommyOfEli2013 Oh not yet? What time is it there right now? Yeah you're right but that's okay with me since most of my classes in weekdays are in late afternoon :)
@hereandthere (37143)
is there a way to disable the updates? we always have a basin full of water in the sink, to soak the plates, bowls, utensils so the bits of food and sauces doesn't stick. speaking of black mirror, my ancient phone fell last night. now all i see is a blank screen. i guess it's begging to retire!
@tech40 (17043)
There is, but it's not working on me for unknown reason I really want to disable it urgh! This update really makes my laptop slow for a minute or a couple of hours. Wow! That's probably a good one! I want to try that one too. Oh I feel sad for it! It happened to me, but luckily my phone screen isn't breaking because of the screen protector, you should buy one too!
@tech40 maybe you can drop by a computer shop and describe your problem to them. soaking the dishes really helps especially if you're busy or if you want to rest your hands first. it's also more organized, not messy to look at. well, it's a very old nokia so it's really time to "modernize" hahaha!
@tech40 (17043)
@hereandthere I'd love to do that but we know those guys inside the computer shop "Sir! Just give me P500 I'll give you this, give you that, etc" and I found updating laptop once a day is pretty good, but I wish it'll update in the right timing
@Sojourn (5353)
I wonder what takes so long for your Windows to update. Is it the Windows 10 or some previous versions?
@tech40 (17043)
It is Windows 10, and I don't know why it took so long today, but sometimes it only takes 10 to 20 minutes.
@Sojourn (5353)
@tech40 Oh okay. Mine is Windows 7 and I haven't seen such a long time for updates.
@tech40 (17043)
@Sojourn I see, Windows 7 is been there for a lot of years and it's stable already, maybe that's why they're just doing minor updates unlike on Win 10 (I guess)
@Janet357 (17131)
i.dont subscribe to netflix to be honest
@tech40 (17043)
Oh but why?
@Janet357 (17131)
@tech40 am.okay with youtube.
@tech40 (17043)
@Janet357 I see, but you can watch more movies at netflix than youtube
@amandajay (20869)
• North Shore, New Zealand
haha,, well done and keep it up....
@tech40 (17043)
Hehe thanks! You too!
@amandajay (20869)
• North Shore, New Zealand
@tech40 have a great day
@RodrickH (17901)
Windows Update is annoying you again?
@tech40 (17043)
Yeah it is, as always! I know updates are really important but I wish that the update will happen on the right time, not in the middle of my class