Happy Hump Day Everyone!

Cherry tomatoes
@thelme55 (18330)
Germany
We are in the middle of the week again. Oh yes, my home country Philippines is celebrating its 121st Independence Day from the Spaniards. It is just a normal day for me but I am thankful that my ancestors were fighting for this independence. I wonder where I am now if we were still "slaves" from the Spaniards. How was your yesterday? I had 2 accomplishments. I was able to post an article to my main writing site and uploaded a travel video to my you tube channel. Today, I don't have any plans. We'll see what spontaneous thing and housework I achieve today. The sun is shining bright here where I am. It is a nice day to have a walk in the city. I might go there. I have woken up early and was thanking to God for another day in this world. I will devour the cherry tomatoes (photo) that I have harvested the other day. Anyway, have a nice hump day to you all. Take care as always.
@didinedhia (7584)
• Algeria
What is hump day
@thelme55 (18330)
Wednesday is called a hump day. It is the middle of the week and we "hump" on this day. So to say.
• Algeria
@thelme55 hump ?
@thelme55 (18330)
@didinedhia Wednesday, regarded as the midpoint of a typical working week. So Wednesday is the hump day.
Happy Independence Day and enjoy your day. It sounds wonderful!
@thelme55 (18330)
Thank you @DianneN. I just had a normal day yesterday. I did not go to the celebration as it was far from where I live.
@thelme55 Of course. I understand.
Happy hump day it's supposed to be a hot one here.
@thelme55 (18330)
That´s good @TRBRocks420. We had a rainy day yesterday. Now it is sunny.
@Nakitakona (5309)
What kind of celebration do you have in Hump Day? How often is hump day celebrated?
@thelme55 (18330)
There is no celebration on that day. Wednesday is every week so you have a hump day every week. It is just a middle of the week. If you don't like to use Wednesday in a post, you can use hump day instead.
@thelme55 Thanks for the clarification. Now O know it.
@thelme55 (18330)
@Nakitakona you are welcome. Enjoy your weekend.
@Sreekala (32016)
Yesterday evening was not good for me. I catches a bus before taking the ticket they declared it as breakdown. So I got down and decided to go by metro. On reaching there, the token system was not working (it is built by self service). Then a mechanic came to repair but he failed. Then they allowed to get the token through their office. On reaching home too late, I did not get time for anything.
@thelme55 (18330)
I am glad you arrived home safely. I am mostly scared of traveling home by bus or train at night time. So, I avoided traveling in the evening alone.
@Sreekala (32016)
@thelme55 Here there is broad light even after 7 pm so there is nothing to worry dear. But in winter there will be darkness after 5 pm. Yesterday evening there was dust storm, I even could not seen anythings as I got dust in my eyes, the wind was too strong.
@thelme55 (18330)
@Sreekala I see. We have a broad light too until 10 in the evening as it is going to be summer. Winter time will be a short daylight time. 4 pm is already dark in winter.
@Gillygirl (31051)
• Sutton, England
Happy hump day and Independence day Thelma. I have my own celebrations today
@thelme55 (18330)
Thank you @Gillygirl. Yes, I know. How was the birthday celebration for your daughter?
@Gillygirl (31051)
• Sutton, England
@thelme55 It was wonderful Thelma. Thank you for asking!
@thelme55 (18330)
@Gillygirl You are very welcome. Enjoy your day!
@JustBhem (52277)
• Davao, Philippines
Taking advantage of the Holiday.
@thelme55 (18330)
Yes, we should take advantage of our holidays @JustBhem
@JustBhem (52277)
• Davao, Philippines
Do you already have cherry tomatoes ready to pick up? I only have flowers for the moment, we never have tomatoes in June here, unless I buy tomato plants at Aldi that already bear small tomatoes.
@thelme55 (18330)
Yes, I have @LadyDuck. I bought this tomato plant in Lidl when there were only a few green small tomato cherries a month ago. Now I am harvesting again from my tomato pots. I have not seen a tomato plant that already bears small tomatoes in Aldi. Maybe they were easily purchased by the customers.
@thelme55 They had last week here. I used the seeds from the tomatoes we usually eat, the plants already have small green tomatoes, they will be ready in two to three weeks I think.
We weren't doing that much special. But I am thankful for the people who have saved and helped to make our country free.
@thelme55 (18330)
Yes, we weren´t @Letranknight2015 but I am thankful, too.
Happy Independence Day and I hope you have a nice day.
@thelme55 (18330)
@jstory07 thank you. I had a nice day. I hope you, too.
Those cherry tomatoes look so good. Wishing the Phillippines a very happy Independence Day!!
@thelme55 (18330)
Thank you very much @Corbin5. The cherry tomatoes were so yummy.
@dodo19 (36461)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Happy Independence day you!
@thelme55 (18330)
Thank you @dodo19. Have a nice day there.
Are you back in Germany Thelma? THose are some very delicious looking tomatoes, I love them right off the vine, so fresh tasting.
@thelme55 (18330)
Yes, I am @BelleStarr. They are indeed delicious. Me, too. I still have some to harvest.
@Janet357 (17131)
wow you must have a lotmof cherry tomatoes in your garden
@thelme55 (18330)
No. I only have 2 pots of tomato plants here in my balcony. I only have a garden at my home in the Philippines. How I wish I have a garden here in Germany @Janet357
@ShifaLk (14144)
Wow.. Happy Independence Day
I read about the Philippine Independence. You did well yesterday. I hope you had your walk in the city.
@Janet357 (17131)
you have lots of tomatoes ina bucket love it.
I love that tomato plant. I never knew it would work in a pot.