Nothing In Particular

Good afternoon friends. This morning I went out to do a bit of shopping. Father's Day is coming up and I was looking for something for my hubby, the father of my children. Initially I found a nice fragrance that I asked the salesperson to put away for me until tomorrow. She sprayed the scent onto a card, and I took it out with me to the car. After a brief time, I got an extreme sharp headache. I blamed it on the cologne. I stopped back into the store, knowing that the bottle that she put away with my name on it, was their last one in stock, and asked her not to hold it for me. I did manage to buy him a few new shirts. He will like those. He always relies on me to buy him his casual clothing. And I bought myself a new pair of beautiful brightly coloured sandals. They will match the new outfit that I picked up for myself yesterday. There is nothing in particularly exciting happening around here today, anything exciting happening in your life?
@CarolDM (28132)
Nope, nothing but nice weather again. Enjoy the day.
Glad to hear it, I'm enjoy the day as a result of this nice weather.
@CarolDM (28132)
@Juliaacv Our weather is a little nicer. But it always changes.
@CarolDM Yes it is, we have had such a cool and wet weather.
@evans777 (479)
Nope, nothing in particular, Got a new TV today though
A new television, that's nice.
@evans777 (479)
@Juliaacv yeah. 24inch. HD, with a USB port
@evans777 It sounds very nice.
No it was a quiet day here, we went to exercise, had lunch and then did some grocery shopping. Nothing exciting at all.
My day did get better after I posted this. An old friend called and it was nice to hear her voice and chat with her for a while.
@Juliaacv I did talk to my daughter for quite a while and helped her find a hotel to get away for a short trip with her husband.
Only 4 days until fathers day now.
I know, and I am looking forward to our son and his wife coming over. We always have so much fun together. Do you have plans for Sunday?
@Juliaacv No not really. Maybe Rooger and Ghost have something planned though lol.
20h
Nothing excitibg here. Sorry the cologne gave you a headache
16h
Thanks. We are both really sensitive to scents, so I always ask the sales clerk to spray a little on a card and then I see if my initial reaction lasts or if it changes and I should buy it. I did buy him a rather nice Father's Day gift today. I got him an entire new set of golf clubs. And tomorrow, weather permitting, we will go out to the driving range together. I haven't picked up a golf club in decades, so I need some practise.
Nothing new or exciting here
I find that days like that are good, no news IS good news.
Wise of you to try out that fragrance first. Glad you did buy some things for you and for your husband. A rainy day today which is good. The flowers needed the rain.
I believe that we have a rainy day coming tomorrow. That suits me just fine since I have to go into work anyways.
• Midland, Michigan
At least the headache didn't stop you from letting them know they could sell that one after all. Sounds like you had fun shopping. Did the headache leave once you got rid of that card? Thank God for that card, though, or you might have gotten a headache from your husband after that
Yes, after I got rid of the card the headache left me. He never would have been able to wear it, it turned out to be quite a strong scent once it got warm, and it would get that way even quicker when worn on a person's skin. I saved myself over $100 by testing it on the card first.
I had a good day at work today. And it was so nice outside. We are doing a few small home improvements so that is exciting to me.
That's wonderful-home improvements and updates are exciting.
I love hearing about your shopping expeditions. Wow what a great idea to ask the salesperson to hold the cologne for you even though it turned out you couldn't use it. I buy cologne and then find I'm not happy with it after I buy it.
We are going to have to set up another account for me to use for shopping once we retire, otherwise I'll be looking for a senior's part time job. I asked her to hold the bottle for me because tomorrow I would get my 55+ discount, which is 15% off and I also wanted to see how the cologne would age, they all smell differently after applying. I put the card in a cubby hole in the car, and it was warmer in the car then in the store and the smell brought out the strength of the cologne, and I thought no thanks.
• Peoria, Arizona
A very dull day here. It is one of those days where the only thing to look forward to is a nap haha
Oh no, hopefully your day will improve. I had a little nap too just a little while ago.
@whiteream (5846)
Nothing much going on just a lot of cleaning.
I did a bit of light cleaning earlier this afternoon. I'm on the down-side of the afternoon now and do not have any plans until its time to cook supper.
Nothing much happening in my area. Have a nice shopping day.
I am back from shopping. I even did a bit of vacuuming and mopped some floors. I have some steak marinating for supper and plan on relaxing for the remainder of the day until its time to cook supper.
• Lenox, Georgia
Not much happening here today, just enjoying the day while hubby is home since its raining. =) Glad you got something for hubby and yourself! I want to get something for mine but he is oh so difficult to buy for.
My husband isn't the easiest guy to buy for either. I felt that he was in desperate need for some new cologne, which didn't work out, so I'll continue to search for a nice scent, and I was so pleased that I found him those shirts. If I continue to shop as I do I think that we will need to start a special shopping fund for when we retire.