Macy's is out of their mind

I have a $50 Macy's gift card. I NEVER go to Macy's so I didn't know what to use it on. I just decided to use it to order my favorite facial moisturizer--Clinique Moisture Surge Extra gel. I went with the 1.7 ounce jar because it was $39. I figured the gift card would cover that and the tax. . . and it almost did. The final price was $52 and change. Then I noticed that they were charging me $10.95 for 5-7 day shipping. $10.95 for a tiny jar of gel. HELL to the NO on that one! As much as I hate the mall, I'll go there myself and buy the moisturizer and maybe something else with the $50 gift card. I'm not wasting $11 on shipping for a tiny item.
@porwest (14746)
No. I agree with you entirely. That's a bit much for shipping. And yes, there is nothing at Macy's I want. Way overpriced.
We agree. HAHAHAHA
@porwest (14746)
@NJChicaa I know, right? What kind of world has this become?
@porwest Craziness!
This is why I hardly ever buy stuff online - I don't want to pay that much for shipping! My kids and I go through Macy's just to look at the crazy price tags .
Most of my stuff has free shipping. I hate paying for shipping.
@NJChicaa I hope you can get more out of your gift card when you actually go to Macy's!
@much2say thanks!
@kobesbuddy (73240)
• East Tawas, Michigan
That's terribly dishonest, charging almost $11.00 for shipping on a tiny jar of gel! Because of their constantly need to the mailing system, they get 'discounts galore' for sending these items I paid $5.00 shipping on a used, paperback book:( The book was less than two dollars!
I could pay it but I won't.
@kobesbuddy (73240)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@NJChicaa I did pay $5.00 shipping for that used book, I really wanted the book!
@kobesbuddy We all have to figure out how much we value something. I can buy this stuff in the physical store and not pay for shipping.
• Midland, Michigan
Good idea. At least you caught that before finalizing the order.
Yeah. I wasn't wasting that much on shipping for a tiny item.
• Midland, Michigan
@NJChicaa it's one thing if you have to drive far to get it in person but if it's nearby you may as well get your money's worth off that gift card.
@MarshaMusselman I was hoping to just avoid the hassle of the mall but not for $11.
@amandajay (20869)
• North Shore, New Zealand
I always chose free delivery
that wasn't an option with Macys
@amandajay (20869)
• North Shore, New Zealand
@NJChicaa i see,,,, I have shopped with Ebay and Aliexpress most of the time and they have many free shipping options
@Nevena83 (27571)
• Serbia
I absolutely agree with you, that's a lot of money to deliver.
I know, right?
@Nevena83 (27571)
• Serbia
@NJChicaa Yes, I think they really go out with the price of the delivery.
@CinnamonGrl (6115)
• Santa Fe, New Mexico
I don't think I've bought anything from Macy's in a long time! I would if someone gave me a gift card though, of course! And I'd probably choose some luxury item I don't normally get myself. That shipping charge is INSANE! I don't know where they get off charging that. I'm glad you have a Macy's close enough to go to instead
Same here. I'll just go to the store.
@Tina30219 (41747)
• Onaway, Michigan
Heck no I would not waste that amount on shipping
Crazy, right?
@spiderdust (8187)
• San Jose, California
I hear you. I have a Sephora gift card and was going to buy something through their website (getting SB at the same time too), but I think it's going to be cheaper for me to brave the mall.
Yes it will be.
I don't blame you for that one..sometimes shipping costs are ridiculous..when I order my cat bed..I think I am going to go to a pick up location because other wise I bet they will try to gouge me with the shipping.
i haven't been to macy's since..1986? thereabouts. this was the manhatten one-the clerks were so snooty..never again.
@Janet357 (17131)
awww thats the downside.sometimes of.shopping online.
I totally agree with you that is crazy to charge that amount for shipping a small jar. Hope you can get something great with the rest of the money.
@evans777 (725)
It always is so
Same here not h appy with shipping charges.The post office had raise their prices way upl Good night and have a good one