Too hot to even reheat anything, so this was dinner

It was close to 90°F/ 32°C today. I can barely tolerate that kind of heat, even in the shade. Until it got too hot and unbearable inside, I stayed in and got a lot of things done, which actually gave me quite a number of steps on my Fitbit counter. However, I decided that I needed to walk a little bit more so I took the mile-and-a-half walk to the post office and where the Starbucks is. By the time I got to the Starbucks, so I could get a tall iced non-caffeinated tea, I was so overheated that you might think I had been working out at the gym for a couple of hours! I waited until about 5:30 to leave for my return home. I'm nearly at 14,000 steps today. By the time I got home, I was perspiring again. The last thing I wanted to do was cook, so I simply made a big salad, adding a little bit of blue cheese crumble and some almonds for some protein. I made a honey mustard dressing, using a specialty mustard that I have, a little honey, olive oil, and black pepper. So, this was it! I'm trying to stay awake until 11:00 p.m., so that I don't wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to go back to sleep. Hopefully, I'll be so tired that the stale heat in the house will not keep me awake! How was your Wednesday? Did you have a good dinner? Photo is my own.
It rained, we had a thunderstorm, the air was cool in the evening, I made a stew for dinner. Tonight is warmer and sunny, I plan to prepare fish fillets.
What type of fish do you usually cook?
@TheSojourner Cod, salmon, perch, trouts, I like soles but they are too expensive. Yesterday I cooked perch fillets.
@LadyDuck sounds delicious.
@LindaOHio (5066)
Our weather has been tolerable. I don't know what's going on with the West Coast. I had spaghetti.
Did you have it with meat sauce?
@LindaOHio (5066)
@TheSojourner Marinara
@LindaOHio I love a good marinara sauce. Did you eat anything other than pasta with the sauce?
That sounds like the right kind of meal to have on such a terribly hot day. Our day, which wasn't hot at all, just mild, consisted of grilled T-bone steaks, bake potatoes, steamed mixed vegetables and fried mushrooms. And it was delicious.
Oh, Julia! That sounds delicious!
@TheSojourner Thank you. I have a salad which looks like yours does in the photo, all made up for my lunch at work tomorrow. I love crumbled blue cheese.
@Juliaacv the blue cheese mustard is really tasty, and it made up a really nice little dressing. I don't buy any commercial dressing, or I should say rarely.
@porwest (14746)
Looks like that would still work. Although I would have to toss some meat in there to call it dinner. As for my dinner, I had Culver's last night since I am on the road traveling for business.
I was hungry a little later, so I had a serving of chicken marsala in the freezer. I heated it up and ate it. I should have done that earlier and put it on the salad.
@porwest (14746)
@TheSojourner Mmm. Chicken Marsala sounds delicious.
@porwest I make a good one. I also like making piccata...chicken, or pork
@Ronrybs (9268)
• London, England
We are the at the other end. Not too cold, but it feels a bit on the chill side. So time for hot suppers and soups
All I want is a big tub of ice cream.
@Ronrybs (9268)
• London, England
@TheSojourner Ice cream is fine anytime!
• Rupert, Idaho
Sorry about the heat....that is hot for sure! That's good you were able to make a salad and not have to cook! 14,000 steps? Amazing again!
I'm just now waking up, but I think I could get a couple more hours of sleep! We just wear my butt out to exhaustion! Haha
• Rupert, Idaho
@TheSojourner Well if you need more sleep, then you do! As long as you can, then that's always good
i'd a salad, too :) i know the heat 'twas 'npleasant, but kudo's to ya fer makin' all those steps 'n gettin' outdoors fer a bit.
That's 37000 + steps in three days. I'm not sure I'm going to keep up this pace this week. I may take it easy today.. thank you for the kudos
@TheSojourner yer welcome
@wolfgirl569 (16318)
• Marion, Ohio
Yours looks better than mine. I just made scrambled eggs and hash browns.
What I would do for potatoes right now, but I'm trying to not eat any right now
@wolfgirl569 (16318)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheSojourner I shouldnt have.
@Janet357 (17131)
my dinner last night was chicken and rice
That sounds good, too!
@evans777 (725)
Looks healthy
Thank you
@rakski (32239)
Nice salad. It is refreshing.
It was enough salad for a couple of people if there would have been another protein, but I ate the whole Bowl!
@TheSojourner I can understand when it is hot out that ones does not want to go out in it or want to cook. Yesterday I was just not very hungry so did not eat much for lunch. In summer it gets that way for me. I do not eat dinner and it is Sunday once again.