Fox on the run...

By JJ
@myklj999 (29021)
Olney, Illinois
Third sighting of the neighborhood fox today, this time I was able to get one shot as it ran past the house. Pure luck...Scar had hollered at me, and as I went to look what he wanted, the fox was trotting past in the road heading for the railroad tracks, so I grabbed the camera and started firing off shots. Didn't have time to 'set up' a shot, or zoom it or anything else, so this is a cropped photo. I honestly didn't think I'd ever get a photo, because they are pretty shy and elusive, but Scar has been pretty good at letting me know when something out of the ordinary is happening outside. Of course, keeping a camera sitting right next to the front window has helped several times as well, since most times I wouldn't get a shot if I had to go search for one of the cameras.
I don't wanna know you're name 'Cause you don't look the same The way you did before Okay, you think you got a pretty face But the rest of you is outta place...
That's a good shot......but now I'm going to have that darned song stuck in my head all day long-thanks JJ.
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
My mission here was a success
@myklj999 When I typed that comment, how did I know that you'd be smirking and say exactly what you just did. That is scary.
@kobesbuddy (75871)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Juliaacv We're around him every day, now, we're starting to think like him!
I wouldn't want to see one here, they don't bother people unless they feel threatened do they? It's a nice photo.
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
Foxes will run unless cornered.
Foxes are cute, I have seen a couple here around. I hope the cats stay away from them. This is good shot.
@vandana7 (71409)
Do foxes attack human beings? This one seems taller and larger than the one Katerina had uploaded.
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
They are pretty shy, normally they avoid contact with people
@kobesbuddy (75871)
• East Tawas, Michigan
They are always so thin, I wonder what they eat. Probably small rodents. Nice shot!
• New Baltimore, Michigan
Oh NICE shot. (They love Purina Dog Chow.) In case you’re interested.
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
I've seen it three times in the past month or so, twice in the morning and once at night
• New Baltimore, Michigan
@myklj999 You ever hear that sound they make in the middle of the night? WAGHKHHHH! If you were sitting right here next to me, I could imitate it perfectly. Maybe it’s better you’re not. WAGHKHHHH!
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
@Melanie_Marie I'm gonna behave myself, m'kay?
@hereandthere (37647)
it's quite thin, or because it's still young? i love being able to crop pictures, too
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
They aren't a stocky animal to start with, but I don't think this one has been having a lot of success hunting lately
@myklj999 i know, but he looks a little malnourished. but then i thought maybe he's still not fully grown. there's not enough prey at this time of the year?
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
@hereandthere Hunting in town it likely won't find much
@JESSY3236 (9627)
scary. Good photo.
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
I think it must be mostly trying to feed on trash, or it is a lousy hunter...I have all types of 'game' in the neighborhood, yet it is pretty thin...
@myklj999 maybe it grew up an orphan and never learned how to hunt properly
Very cool
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
I fired off 8 shots real fast, I was lucky I got the one as it hit a clear spot...most had a tree in the way
I missed this back when. Isn't it great that Scar 'calls' you to see stuff? I was going to write that our foxes seem to be shorter-legged than yours but this one in this shot from a few years ago looks much like yours but perhaps a bit fatter. Like your photo, it was a real 'snap' shot.
Scar thought foxy lady.
@ptrikha_2 (15261)
In once saw a fox in Aldershot, England from a distance.
@CarolDM (32754)
Wow you got another good photo. I never see them here. Glad Scar alterted you. Blast from the past with that song.
that's one skinny tall fox.
@psanasangma (2027)
Seem fox is in search of food, aren't they dangerous to chickens
@didinedhia (7915)
• Algeria
Its beautiful near your house!!!
'tis a good shot :) rarely see 'em out here durin' the day, but they come'p dusk 'n dawn. mostly to tick 'ff the skunks 'n scare all those feral cats. i hear ya'n the camera thingy'n keep mine close't hand fer backyard shots.
@wolfgirl569 (18109)
• Marion, Ohio
They are very fast. Good shot
@Ronrybs (9335)
• London, England
I thought it would be like over here. We have a lot of urban foxes and they are quite bold, frequently being seen during the day
@BarBaraPrz (23520)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Looks like Wile E.