Do you control your notifications at myLot™?

By JJ
@myklj999 (29021)
Olney, Illinois
I often see people complaining about the number of notifications they have, and how hard it is to keep track of them, and they delete them after responding to them, and they get 2 or 3 notifications about the same thing, etc. I never delete them. I use a much simpler system to keep track of them...and I never get 2 or 3 notifications about the same thing (except when people unnecessarily tag me in a response or comment). I simply choose to not receive notifications that do not require a response from me. For instance, if someone 'likes' something I did. I don't need to be notified about that. If someone 'follows' me. I don't need to be notified about that. If someone comments on a response to my discussion, or comments after me on a response to a discussion... I don't need to be notified of those if they are not made directly to me. Over half of the notifications we get by 'default' are not notifications that we actually need. So I uncheck them in settings. It keeps things much simpler, and makes managing my notifications much easier. Just a tip...
This is a good informative post, because, like you mentioned, there seems to be a growing theme to a lot of posts about how many notifications they have. Its very manageable and to each their own how they choose to manage it.
I just checked mine . . . I guess I am the fool who doesn't want to miss a thing but I end up missing stuff anyway as I don't get to everything on time. I definitely don't want to be notified of how many notifications fell off the bottom of the page .
@Dena91 (5802)
That was one of the first things I did after joining, going through and unchecking all the notification that I didn't want to see. It makes it so much easier and less time consuming.
@BarBaraPrz (23521)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Yepper!
@Mamerto32 (1377)
• Canlubang, Philippines
Actually I don't. It's a good way to track some activities, and check if I missed any.
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
But why do you need to know if someone follows you or 'likes' something you did?
@Mamerto32 (1377)
• Canlubang, Philippines
@myklj999 for file keeping. Once I'm out of ideas, I just trace those who followed me and checked their discussions to reply. But then style differs among people, and this is just me.
@akp100 (13482)
Is that for email notification or just mylot notifications? I guess I have stopped all my email notification for here, I check all from mylot itself.
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
That is for myLot notifications
• Svalbard And Jan Mayen
I follow your style too, but the difference is that I do want to know who are my new followers.
@1creekgirl (16755)
I've done that and it really keeps from having a lot of unnecessary notifications.
• Sonora, California
Great tips, thank you!
Yeah my notifications look like yours
@Gillygirl (32878)
• Sutton, England
I have a few set and try to keep on top of mine.
@wolfgirl569 (18109)
• Marion, Ohio
I have many of them turned off too
That's the same set up that I have...
i actually hadn't noticed that the entire 12 years i've been here. boy do i win at slackin.
@myklj999 that's probably a good idea.
@CarolDM (32754)
Great tip, I have done this but i might need to change it up a bit.
@Ladanger (7341)
I recently started doing this. Yeah it was hard keeping up and now it is much easier.
@Nakitakona (8499)
I am keeping my notifications setting untouched. I don't make any changes. I want to know who likes, comments, among others. I don't get irritated or complain about it. I accept it as is.
@arunima25 (22557)
• Bangalore, India
Thanks a lot. It never occured to me. I will do it right now.
@kobesbuddy (75872)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I do get duplicates, once in a while. Resetting things is definitely in order, thanks.
handy-dandy lil feature. hopefully folks're gonna pay mind to this 'n take that less'n a minute route 'f declutterin'.