Craving for RICE COFFEE: "Would YOU like some?"

This morning, my mom and I were talking about 'rice coffee.' I had tried to have a taste of it while still working in the mountainous area of my country. I am working with the local tribes and most of them are in the poor state status. Whenever I am visiting them, they usually offer brewed coffee or 'barako' coffee. If it is not available, they can use 'rice coffee' instead. Most of these local tribes plant rice in their paddies. It is their personal consumption. I had seen how they do it. It simply roasting the rice into the pan and let turned black. Then, we can boil it like how it was done in making brewed coffee. "Have you tried to drink a cup of rice coffee?" "Do you think it is beneficial to our health?" Image Credit: qph.fs.quoracdn.net
@louievill (22080)
I have a jar of rice coffee right now that I made. I'm not very familiar with the health benefits or how it compares with coffee beans on this matter but one thing I know is I like it.
I personally think that rice coffee doesn't have caffeine. I haven't tried to roast coffee. But I will try to do it soon.
No, I would not drink that at all.
Why not? It is not strong with other coffee brands in the market. In fact, it is zero caffeine.
@hotsummer (10524)
It actually tastes better than real coffee
@Porcospino (25778)
• Denmark
I have never had rice coffee. I am not sure what it tastes like, but I would like to try it.
It tastes like branded coffees, but it is lighter. I think you can also put some cream on it, too.
@Porcospino (25778)
• Denmark
@Shavkat It sounds nice. During World War II people from my country drank something called Richs because coffee beans weren't available. Richs consisted of chicory and a couple of other things. I wasn't born at that time, but I once had a cup of Richs (in a historical museum)
@Porcospino I am so curious about it. It is new information for me. I managed to check it.
https://www.orleanscoffee.com/how_to/what-is-chicory/
I think that only Pinoys have heard about "rice coffee", I never tired, but I know that what I need in my coffee is the caffeine.
I agree. Some people who have heart diseases need to lessen the intake of caffeine. As for me, I think it is advisable for them to have the 'rice coffee' in their system.
@Shavkat Caffeine is not bad for the heart, is the quantity that is important, too much of no matter what is always wrong.
@LadyDuck I do agree that it needs to lessen not to cause palpitation.
@amandajay (22556)
• New Zealand
oh i haven't heard about this before.
I also no idea about this before. When I had worked with this field, that's the time I had learned to indigenous way to live with the local tribes.
@amandajay (22556)
• New Zealand
@Shavkat I see,,, is this how that really is, or have colored or fried?
@amandajay It is being roasted.
@nomus24g (28552)
thats something new to me...
I think it is a good alternative for coffee beans.
@nomus24g (28552)
@Shavkat hmm...may be..no idea though...
@nomus24g I think you can check it this link.
https://lovers.coffee/the-rice-coffee/
@Scrapper88 (2132)
I have not heard of rice coffee before. I am not even sure where I could buy any in the United States.
I had read an article and we can do it at home. I think it is best if the rice coffee is home-made. You can try to check this link.
https://lovers.coffee/the-rice-coffee/
@Shavkat I will check it out
@JustBhem (55313)
• Davao, Philippines
I like it, I can only have a rice coffee if we are going to the boyfriend’s mountain place. They serve a rice coffee with a good aroma. I like it and now I kind of want to have one.
I didn't know that there is a mountain in Davao. I think we can try it anytime if they are available online.
@JustBhem (55313)
• Davao, Philippines
@Shavkat What I mean by mountain is (bukid) or farm.
@JustBhem I got it.
No idea of rice coffee.
I am proudly to say that it is only in the Philippines. I think it all begins when the local people tried to do this during the old days.
@hereandthere (37629)
i think it is called kape de aros/cafe de arroz
I think it is available online. I had checked Lazada. It was tagged as Ifugao Rice Coffee.
@wolfgirl569 (17753)
• Marion, Ohio
I had never heard of it before
When I was still working with the indigenous people in my country, most of the things that I've done and tried were the first time.
I have never tried rice coffee but I would like to give it a try.
I think it is safe. Based on what I had researched it doesn't have caffeine. The taste is much lighter than the coffees available in the market.
Never had rice coffee and not sure if they sell it here.
I think we can do it at home.
• Agra, India
I haven't tasted one. Is it very different from regular coffee?
@hotsummer (10524)
That's my favorite coffee actually when I was young. My grand mother would make us this and it's delicious. But I forgot how to make it but thanks to your discussion. I was wondering last month how I used to do it when I just young after learning from my grandma. My grandmother was from malolos city. Not in mountainous religion but she still knew how to cook this. Now I know again how to do it, I will try it again but not too often as rice is quite expensive. Drinking real coffee is cheaper.