Hiya Mom!

Some of my favorite words to hear, "hiya Mom"! And I was able to read that a little while ago. Our son texted me. And then told me that they are coming to town this afternoon and asked if I'd be around. I had told him earlier that I would be off from work today, so the chances were pretty strong that I would be here. He and his wife should be along any time now. And of course the visit, I already know, will be far too short. But short is better then nothing at all. Once he steps into the kitchen he may change his mind and want to stay. I have a turkey breast in the oven and a peach pie, and the smells drifting around are heavenly. I would love it if they could stay for supper, or at least until Dad gets home from work in a couple of hours. We shall see, but I have my doubts. Any surprise drop ins at your place lately?
oh, sounds a peace 'f heaven waftin' through yer place :) so glad those young'uns'll be stoppin' by. don't see mine oft 'nough. outside 'f my new resident squirrel (i've lived here near 40yrs 'n 've ne'er seen one'n these parts), no ma'am.
Our son and his wife live about an hour away, so it isn't everyday that they can just casually drop by. We will be so glad when they move up this way in the spring. I just put some potatoes on to boil, and vegetables to steam, supper is starting to smell good.
@Juliaacv oh, that aint that far 't all :) my youngest lives 2 hours 'way 'n 'tis most busy, mainly comes fer thanksgivin' 'n that'd be 't. they go'n do fun things when he's the time off... jest keep writin' 'f all those wonderful thingies ya got cookin' there. lucky i can't fit through this puter screen 'n 'rrive 't'cher doorstep, lol.
@crazyhorseladycx Wouldn't that be fun if we could use our puter screens as portals to gain entry to each other's homes? What fun we would have!
No, no surprise drop ins. I hope you enjoy what little time you have with your son and daughter in law today.
It was a short but sweet visit. I'll be so happy when they move closer to us next spring.
@Juliaacv I am sure there will be plenty more opportunities for you to meet up with them then. I have a great aunt who has a child, grandchildren and great grandchildren all living in Canada. They drive about 10-12 hours to see them a couple of times a year.
@Juliaacv I am sorry that today is a blue day for you. I understand those days completely. I lost my mom in 2011.
Did they stay for supper? Often my mother would have loved, but my husband never liked to drive in the dark after dinner.
No, they couldn't stay for supper last night. They were going to pick up supper to bring to her sister's house so that their family of 6 as well as our son and his wife could eat together. Our son was hoping to run over to his friend's place before they left town for a quick little visit. I don't know how much fun that would have been as his friend lives in a townhouse that has no a/c and it was so hot here yesterday.
@Juliaacv Oh my goodness, no air conditioning in a townhouse must be horrible.
@LadyDuck I agree, but he's young and just starting out. Rentals are very expensive in our city.
@simone10 (30828)
I know if it were me, I would take one sniff and then pull up a chair...lol
I think that they were tempted to, but they drove to town to trade vehicles with her brother-in-law. He has a work truck that they need to borrow for a few days, otherwise I'm sure that they would have stayed.
@simone10 (30828)
@Juliaacv I don't think there are too many things better than the smell of a turkey and pie cooking.
@simone10 When you put it that way I have to agree.
@Nevena83 (29578)
• Serbia
That's wonderful. I'm sure you'll enjoy everyone together. I hope Helen will come tomorrow, that would make me very happy.
We had a nice little short visit. I hope that Helen comes to see you tomorrow too!
@Nevena83 (29578)
• Serbia
@Juliaacv Thank you I'm sure you were happy about it.
@nela13 (22007)
• Portugal
Our children are always our best surprise
@nela13 I agree-very well said!
@nela13 (22007)
• Portugal
@sophie09 (8485)
my mom's birhtday is in two days, i don't think i have a plan to suprise her
No, its not always best to surprise on a person's birthday. I do not like surprises like that on my birthday.
@sophie09 (8485)
@Juliaacv yes every person has their own way
Nope not lately. Hope they are able to stay for your supper.
No, they didn't get to stay for supper. They were actually picking supper up to take over to her sister's place for their family of 6 plus our son and daughter-in-law. They are very generous that way.
@Juliaacv At least you were able to see them.
None here. Just the occasional visit from my husband.
But you like those visits, right? It was nice to see them, even though it was too short, it was better then nothing.
@Juliaacv Yes I do
So cute. I'm glad you got a visit with them.
Thanks, they are so busy, it was nice that they were in town and stopped in.
@thelme55 (19463)
Those are wonderful 2 words we hear from our children. I hope they stay for supper.
@thelme55 They didn't have the time to stay this time, but we had a nice visit just the same.
@Gillygirl (32878)
• Sutton, England
Sounds like a plan. I am sorting things out for my holiday. I had to recycle a bag as the lining was torn.
When do you leave for holidays? I have a post that I have to put up about recycling. Our son and his wife just finished a really cool project done with recycled items.
No and I would die if they did, My house is not in order.
Mine isn't totally in order either, but I could have straightened it up because I did have a little bit of warning before their arrival.
@dya80dya (16295)
Yes, I had a surprise. I received good news.
That is wonderful! Surprise drop in visits from our loved ones are always a great addition to our days. What is your good news?
No not surprise, but I find as well that the smell of homemade food is very good at getting my grandsons to linger lol
I think that our son wanted to stay just a bit longer, partially because of the aroma coming from the kitchen, and partly because he wanted to see Dad. Of course he was lucky, Dad got off of work a little early and pulled up before the kids left.
@CarolDM (32754)
Nothing at all but a few birds.
You must be loved, otherwise the birds wouldn't chance a visit with the cats.
not today but do liked it when it happens
Its heart-warming, it was fun even though it was a really short visit.
You must be pleased at punch.
Oh I was. They are such a fun couple, I love time with them.
• Belews Creek, North Carolina
Nope. The only child who doesn't live here is currently in Hawaii so no quick visits home. Hope you enjoyed the visit!
And that is a good way to be. We had a nice but quick little visit.