Summer's Hottest Days

Good Friday morning myLot friends! I love Fridays. Today will be a very hot day for us in our area. We are in the hottest days of our summer. Today we are expecting 41C, which converts to 105.80 on the old Fahrenheit scale. That is obviously very hot. We also experience high humidity in our region, and today is no exception to that either. With hot and humid days like this on us, its time to eat light, drink lots of water, cut back on sugars and caffeinated drinks, and move slowly and less if possible. Over-exertion is one of the main reasons that people are making trips to the emergency departments of the hospitals. Today is not the day to go for a long distance anything-walk, jog or run. Not the day to be putting your body thru movements that it isn't used to. Today and tomorrow will hopefully be the hottest days of our summer of 2019. There will be plenty other warm days to follow, but today will be a scorcher. Me-I will be testing the a/c in my car and in our home to make sure that I stay as cool as I can. How do you survive the summer's hottest days? ~Pixabay photo
One of Trooper's biggest hits, from their third album "Knock 'Em Dead Kid" from 1977.
@HazySue (30158)
That will be a scorcher. And I thought we got hot down here in Florida.
@HazySue We get hot hot during the summer and cold cold during the winter. And the other seasons are very nice and enjoyable. Our weather is heavily dictated by the Great Lakes, and the fact that we are in a low lying triangle, so it takes a strong front to push any weather pattern out.
@HazySue (30158)
@Juliaacv I love to be back up in that area so I could enjoy the seasons.
@HazySue Yes, and I as well.
I did not know it got that hot up there. Stay cool!
@andriaperry Oh yeah, we get everything up here. The hot hot during July and the cold cold during January. Right now its pouring down rain with heavy winds. If the sun comes back out after the rain ends it will be brutally humid again. Thank goodness for a/c.
@simone10 (30828)
Oh my goodness, that is awfully hot! It hasn't reached 100 here yet. Stay inside and stay cool.
Thank you. It was hot and humid. Its pouring rain right now, the winds have settled down, I just hope that the sun doesn't come back out again, that will mean it will be awfully muggy.
@simone10 (30828)
@Juliaacv yes, it will make it more humid. We've finally gone several days without any rain.
@simone10 We had some rain last night, and just before that a nice cool front came thru, with cooling breezes and nicer temperatures. Today is beautiful-finally.
oh my, melty weather fer certain! i so hope folks 're makin' certain that the elderly'n critters 're well hydrated 'n cool 's can be. i make fruit sorbets'n the pups'n i go out'n the porch'n the shade 'f my sanctuary. yup, they love 'em, too.
@crazyhorseladyccx I trained our lab to take a bath without fighting me or doing the dog shake afterwards on hot days like this. She realized that if she put up with it, she would feel cooler. I suggested that our son try to get his dog accustomed to home baths on days like this and then he can do it any time without a hassle or a mess.
@Juliaacv mr. red pup loves water, so 'tis harder to keep 'im out'ta such (aka: the pond. he loves the pond, much to the fish's horror, lol). the resident pup 'tis well trained 't baths. politely hops'n, stands still 'n doesn't get out 'til asked. no shakin', no mess :)
@crazyhorseladycx That's a good doggie, our last dog was like that too. We had to spell the word 'tub' or else she'd go and get into the tub and stand there until you ran the water and gave her a bubble tub. She was such a diva dog!
It is no more as hot as the past week, but still pretty hot and humid in the afternoon. I stay inside with my fan running until around 6 p.m., then I go out to work in the garden.
Tomorrow's high is only 29C here, so that is a lot lower, but still humid. There must be a cool front coming as my husband told me that they are forecasting a much cooler and normal day on Sunday. I hope so.
@Juliaacv We had the same temperature here yesterday and the next week will be cooler. I am glad, I do not like too much hot days.
@LadyDuck We are bound to have the hottest days until about the start of the third week of July, after that we should only see the extreme heat for a day or so.
@Nevena83 (29578)
• Serbia
Oh, that's hot. It was here up to 38 C.
That is hot also, I am hoping that the worst of our heatwave is drawing to an end.
@Nevena83 (29578)
• Serbia
@Juliaacv It's cold now. The temperature is 9 C.
@Nevena83 Today was in the mid 30's C here, hot and humid.
@CarolDM (32754)
We are in a heatwave as well. Weill be glad when it is over.
I am looking forward to tomorrow, as they are forecasting a cooler day for us.
@CarolDM (32754)
@Juliaacv Good luck!
@CarolDM Thank you!
@Gillygirl (32878)
• Sutton, England
It was too hot today. I was flying around all over the place. I have a hydrating mist in my bag
I am hoping that Saturday is a bit cooler here.
@Gillygirl (32878)
• Sutton, England
@Juliaacv Phew, it isn't here, I'm melting
@Gillygirl Today was another hot and muggy day, I'm so over this summer weather, bring on the early fall coolness and I'd be happy here.
Your area really is experiencing dangerous heat. It is not as hot here, but it is humid. On hot and humid days, I stay indoors where it is nice and cool.
@Corbin Our weather is influenced by the Great Lakes, we sit in a little low-lying triangle and the air all just kind of percolates and gets really gross, which is what we had today. It takes a strong front to move it along, so send us one won't you?
@Juliaacv If we get a strong wind, I will send it your way!!!
@thelme55 (19463)
We have the heatwave last week. I am glad it is cooler now. Just stay inside the house.
Thanks, my husband has the a/c set at 21C here for us. I like it but it does bother me when its that cold at night and I'm trying to sleep.
@thelme55 (19463)
@Juliaacv It is hard to sleep when it is cold so keep yourself under the warm duvet.
@thelme55 We sleep with the same amount of blankets and covers year around. The weight is peaceful and we are both so comfortable under it.
@LowRiderX (10961)
• Serbia
I love the heat only when I'm at sea, on vacation. Here in a city where the heat is, I'm not coming out
I feel the exact same way that you do, in the city I want to stay inside too.
@LowRiderX (10961)
• Serbia
@Juliaacv Yes, it's much pleasant is heat by the water, by the sea, on the beach
Ugh that is way too hot, we are in the high 80s today and that is bad enough. I pretty much stay inside when it gets this hot but I do have to go out if it is an exercise day which is every day but Thursday.
We do not have a lot of days like today, but this was a gross day.
@Juliaacv it is so humid here is disgusting.
Egads that is HOT!! it's not quite that hot here today thank goodness. Usually I become a hermit when the hot summer days arrive and enjoy the a/c Being retired has it's advantages
@Marilynda1225 It was disgusting today. When I got into work this morning it smelt musty. They cleaned the carpeting in the hallway last night and it hadn't completely dried, and the a/c was not able to keep up. Within a couple of hours the a/c was working and I was freezing. I saw the skies were dark on my way home and I drove as quick as I could to beat the storm and was barely inside more then a minute or two and the clouds opened up. Its very windy. I hope that the sun doesn't come back out again after the rain or it will be awful.
@Juliaacv yuk! That sounds like it's disgustingly hot . Hope it cools off a bit and glad you got home before the skies opened up.
Happy Friday Julia. It's another very hot day here. Already 77 in the house.
It was brutal today wasn't it?
@Juliaacv Very much so.
I'm glad you know to stay cool and not over do it when its hot. Most don't listen and regret it later.
It took me a lot of years to figure this out.
• Lenox, Georgia
Yikes!! It gets very hot here as well so our AC during the Summer is always running. We stay inside or go in the kiddie pool, stay hydrated and keep out of the direct sun if possible. =) I hope you stay as cool as possible!
I wasn't too bad today. The a/c in my car is so good that I can get the windows all fogged up, inside of work it was cool enough that I wanted a sweater.
Stay in the shade!
@JohnRoberts Better yet, I stayed in the a/c today.
Good morning ,the rest of the week going to be a scorcher so they tell us
We are hopefully coming out of the heatwave in the next few days, although we will have another bout of it before the season is over.
@sophie09 (8485)
Well this july i will be just staying at home, when i feel bored i think i will get myself a sightseeing