Going To Try A Little Balance

@porwest (15963)
I am a lover of local fare, and especially supporting small business. As such, there happens to be a coffee house not far from where I live that has actually made quite a name for itself called Balance Coffee & Tea. It's been around since 2015, but I only recently finally decided to take a shot at it. Got myself a bag of their Belleville Blend, which is a medium body roast. I can't wait to give it a try. It won't be until tomorrow morning since I do not drink coffee any other time than in the morning. But I can smell it through the bag and it just smells delicious. I cannot imagine it won't be as good as it smells. It's a little pricey at about $15 for a 12 ounce bag of coffee. But I have a feeling it will be a worthwhile little treat. I will let everyone know what I thought of it.
Enjoy that java.
@porwest (15963)
I can smell it and it is driving me nuts. But I don't drink coffee but in the morning so it will have to wait. But I can't wait. This better taste as good as it smells.
I hope you enjoy it. We only like instant coffee.
@porwest (15963)
Ack. I can't drink that stuff. But to each his or her own I always say.
@porwest (15963)
@JudyEv They won't drink your swill, hey?
@porwest No, they don't like instant.
@ShifaLk (15973)
Wow.!! Tasteful.... I can feel the flavour and fragrance here as I am a coffee lover
@porwest (15963)
Having a cup as we speak. I will write about it later as promised. It's very good and worth every penny. I will definitely be getting some more of this. It's win, win. I get a delicious cup of coffee and I get to support a small, local business as well.
@ShifaLk (15973)
@porwest delicious.... Yes do write it for sure. I'll try it too. What kind of business?
@porwest (15963)
@ShifaLk It's simply a local coffee roaster. Very good coffee. I will definitely buy it again.
OMG! you splurged! If it not good call the BBB, demand a refund.
@porwest (15963)
I know, right? My God. This is SO out of character for me. Normally my coffee has a white label with black lettering. When Jim Bauer splurges one must question the entire course of the future. Do you think this post can pay for it? Ack, probably not...
@porwest You will learn! Get the best ( what you love) when on sale with coupons! I only pay 25% to 33% for my coffee.
@porwest (15963)
@andriaperry I'll have to see if Balance ever offers any. Usually I do get my coffee pretty cheap though. Roughly $5 a can unless I am buying something a bit more premium, which is not often.
• Rupert, Idaho
Hope you will enjoy the coffee!
@porwest (15963)
It's actually very good coffee. Well worth the premium price.
@porwest (15963)
It turned out to be quite good. I was pleasantly surprised. Well, for the price I paid I figured it HAD to be good. But, you know how some things are more hype than anything.
• Rupert, Idaho
@porwest That is good to hear...yes, some things can be more hype and not actually be that great. But I am glad you enjoyed it!
I would say that is very pricey! I was sort of in your area once years ago..I was visting Carbondale. They have a coffeehouse run by Sufi's there. Belleville is fairly close to St. Louis as I recall.
@porwest (15963)
Yes it is. We border O'Fallon, Swansea, Allorton, and East Saint Louis. We're about 20 minutes away from St. Louis depending on what part of the city you live in.
@porwest Ok..very Midwest..
@porwest (15963)
@snowy22315 Yes. I have pretty much lived in the Midwest my whole life. Even Wisconsin, where I lived for 25+ years is considered the Midwest.
I hope it's as good as it smells.
@porwest (15963)
It's pretty good, having a cup now. Worth every penny.
@porwest I'm glad it's worth what you paid for it.
@porwest (15963)
@just4him Me too.
waiting fro the results soon.Good afternoon
@porwest (15963)
It turned out to be actually quite good coffee. I will definitely buy it again, and may try some of their other roasts out. I am not a huge fan of flavored coffee, so probably none of those. My wife likes flavored coffee so maybe. But they have quite a few varieties of roasts that are not flavored.
• Belews Creek, North Carolina
I'm mostly a morning-only coffee person as well. But I'm not sure I could resist the siren scent of coffee wafting around my house.
@porwest (15963)
I had to and it was unbearable. The coffee turned out to be better than expected and well worth the premium price I paid for it.
My aunt and uncle lived in Belleville, IL. I think my uncle worked at Scott Air Force Base. I bet the coffee you purchased will taste pretty good.
@porwest (15963)
Yep. Scott Air Force Base is here. My sister was an Air Force veteran, 10 years. She was based out of Scott. Still a big part of the economy here.
I'm a morning-only coffee person too. I hope you love it.
@CarolDM (32754)
Enjoy! And don't spill the beans as the say.
@LindaOHio (6812)
Don't spill any! Yes, please give us a report.