Out And About

Good morning friends. Our heatwave seems to have finally broken. Yesterday we were in the high 30's and today we are in the low 20's, quite the difference. And the humidity has broken, so we can all breath again! My husband and I have kept close to home during the heatwave. Since we've got our windows open and are having beautiful fresh air flow in, we've decided that we'd like to get out for a while. We will be going to the big farmer's market on the other side of town in a little bit. I checked out the vendors online and they have produce from an area that is well known for growing sweet corn. Normally it would be in season, with this being a cool and damp spring, it may not be ready yet, or it may be and just be very costly. Either way, we'd like to check it out. There are a few other things that we're interested in also. We'll have a big breakfast before we go. It will feel good to get out and about again. What are you doing this gorgeous Sunday morning? ~Photo is mine of me & the hubs
@HazySue (30158)
Love the photo. It sounds like a fun day for you guys. It is still so hot here that going outside to a farmer's market is not an option for us.
Thank you, that picture is a few years old, but we're still the same 2 people. We picked up quite a bit at the farmer's market today. It wasn't too busy because there is a big event in the downtown park, called Sunfest, which a lot of people are attending. It was a nice change from how usually busy that market is.
@HazySue (30158)
@Juliaacv I sounds like you have a lot of happenings up there this time of year.
@MGjhaud (21842)
Sunday's about to be over on this side of the world. I slept all morning. I hope you have a lovely time today.
Thank you, we had fun together. I hope that you have a relaxing and restful night now.
Already been out and did a couple errands. It's much nicer here today right now, not as hot and humid. Enjoy the outing with your husband.
Thanks we had a lot of fun together. We bought some steak kabobs, which we will have for supper, as well as some fresh fruit fritters-we picked up 2 blueberry fritters, 2 peach ones and 2 strawberry-rheubarb fritters. We got some farm fresh brown eggs, and a few other goodies. Our arms were full of bags by the time that we got to the car.
I need to run out to the store and then I'm going to sit by the pool.
Oh you would have loved some of the things that we bought today. We bought some organic steak kabobs with mushrooms, onions and red, green, orange and yellow peppers on them. We bought a jar of red cabbage, beet, ginger sourcroute. We also bought some fresh fruit fritters, they were cheaper to buy them 1/2 dozen then not. We bought 2 strawberry-rheubarb fritters, 2 blueberry ones and 2 peach fritters. Of course I couldn't leave without some free range farm fresh brown eggs, and my husband insisted on some candy-which we did not need. I hope that you're having a nice afternoon.
@Juliaacv sounds like quite a haul!
@NJChicaa It was. Now......any suggestions for a potato to go with the kabobs? I found a recipe for potato pancakes, but I'm not totally sold on them. My husband will want a starch to go with our supper, but I don't want to slave over anything.
@CarolDM (32754)
Good for you. Still have a heatwave here. Enjoy your day! I love going to the farmer's market. Nice photo. Staying inside keeping cool again today.
We haven't been to the farmers market in quite a while, but it was a nice outing-especially after being cooped up in the a/c for so long.
@CarolDM (32754)
@Juliaacv That is great. I got out for a little while yesterday but came right back home.
@CarolDM We just walked down to the little Italian bakery/deli and I have to say that its warming up here now. Still not like it has been, but definitely July heat.
Hubby still cannot walk very well, even if he has less pain, so we did not move from home today. The temperature is fine and it should drop even more next week.
Anna, I am sorry to hear this. What do you suppose that it is with his leg?
@Juliaacv I think he has a pinched nerve, it is very painful, but resting the leg helped and now he is applying hot and cold patches alternately and he says it's better. Tomorrow we go to the doctor.
@LadyDuck Are you getting him to stretch it so that he has good blood flow to that area? That is important.
When you wrote this on the 7 th it was my wedding anniversary. We had a wonderful day.
Oh I am glad to hear that. I know now that I am late, but Happy Anniversary and I wish you many many more to come!
@Juliaacv thanks
@Tampa_girl7 You're welcome.
It's not quite as gorgeous here as it is there but we do have sunshine. Enjoy your day out and going to the Farmers Market sounds like fun
Thanks, it was a lot of fun. And it wasn't busy because there is a multi-cultural festival in town today and the crowds must all be there.
@Juliaacv no crowds...even better
@Marilynda1225 I know, it was so nice since we have not been out in quite a while.
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
The heat has let up here some as well. Instead of the high 90sF/35+C we are expected to be in the low 90sF/32+C. The rain we were hoping for never fell, though. I'm glad you mentioned sweet corn. It should be in our farmer's markets about now. I think it is a tad late this season because of the wet spring.
The vendor that we expected to have sweetcorn was a bust. Nobody had any today. It must be late. I'll be going to visit some family in the city near where we used to live, and that is farming country, so I'll stop in at a couple of markets who grow sweet corn and see if I have any luck buying any from them. Anything over about 28C is too hot for me. Today is just beautiful, and its dry and there is a breeze.
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@Juliaacv We've been cloudy all day and the last time I checked it was up to 31C/88F. We are hoping it will rain this afternoon. Nothing so far. I hope you find some sweet corn. The season for it is so short. Because of my hip surgery last year, we missed it altogether. Got to make up for that this year.
@DWDavis Its about 29C here now, its warming up again, but its mid-afternoon in July, so its all good. You will have to make up for all of that missed sweet corn from last summer.
@Janet357 (19177)
oh there you go, i finally saw you:) beautiful kind-looking couple!
@Janet357 Thank you, you're too kind.
@Janet357 (19177)
@Juliaacv welcome!
We were about and about on the weekend but now it's raining again so it looks like another day inside.
Are you still experiencing the winter season?
@Juliaacv Yes, June, July, August are officially our winter months so we could get a lot more rain yet.
so glad yer heat's subsided somewhat :) wonderful y'all made the trek to the farmers market. i spent half the morn tryin' to figure why the settin'n my camera 'twas hosed. took a gazillion pics 'f the resident squirrel 'n blue jay squabbles jest to find 'em all really dark when i loaded 'em to the puter. sigh...
@crazyhorseladycx Isn't that something? I hope that you can figure it out and share some more of those photos with us of the cute little squirrels.
@Juliaacv i think i've got 't figured. seems the hubs borrowed my camera'n 'twas fiddlin' with the dials 'n didn't bother to tell me. alas, such's now corrected. missed the blue jay scuffles, but did get some good shots 'f said resident squirrel (i believe there to be 'nly the 1 thus far?) 'n that sneaky dragonfly i've been trackin' fer 4 days, lol. i told the hubs i may need to start a "squirrel chronicles" 's i've 'lready near 500 pics 'f the lil darlin'. i'm quite smitten with the lil fella!
I hope you got some great goods.
Oh yeah, and we had fun too.
@debjani1 (6567)
Yesterday I had double bread with chicken tengri kebab. It was awesome.
What is double bread?
We have the same lovely weather here too. The farmer's market does sound like fun.
It was fun at the market, there was hardly any crowd compared to the other times that we have been there. And as a result, we got really great service.
Good morning.Same here.But will be back in a day or so.
I haven't looked at the long term forecast, but I am really enjoying the nice change of weather today. We were going to go to the driving range, but its a bit too windy for a novice like myself. Do you golf?
Enjoy the market. Hope you find corn. Out local corn is never this early.
Thanks, we had fun together. It was just nice getting out with the change of the weather. We found the vendor that we were looking for and he had fresh strawberries, but they were so tiny, I didn't want to buy any. They did not have any sweet corn. I will be down in the city close to where we used to live, and its farming country, so I will stop in on a market there to see if she has any.
You have beaten the heat for the time being.
I don't know how people who live in warm climates do it John. I must have really thick blood, good for the colder days and nights and bad on the hot ones. We bought some nice fresh peach, blueberry and strawberry-rheubarb fritters at the market today. We'll have one warmed up with a bit of ice cream for dessert tonight. We struck out on sweet corn, I'll continue my hunt, its not a good year for it this year.
@sophie09 (8485)
looks like you guys have so much fun
Thanks, we did have a lot of fun together today. We always do.
I went outside in the heat and picked nature medication.