All's Well That Ends Well

Good evening friends. Earlier today I wrote a post about going to a local Farmer's Market. https://www.mylot.com/response/3288453/20695714 And we found a little bit of this and a little bit of that. And it was enough to put a meal together for our supper tonight. We picked up some steak kabobs, fruit fritters (those were for dessert) and a red cabbage, gingersourkraut-which my husband enjoyed. We walked over to our favorite Italian bakery/deli and picked up some ready to heat mac and cheese and bruschetta. I had some shrimp on hand which I threw into the mix. We grilled a lot of it up. If we had smellernet, you'd be happy with what you notice reading this. It was a nice meal, a signal to the end of the weekend. But all's well that ends well, and tomorrow starts a new day and a new count down to the next weekend. ~Photo is our supper grilling
I had to smile, because mac and cheese does not exist in Italy, it's ALL American. Bruschetta is Italian, but there is no cheese on the bruschetta.
@LadyDuck We had the Canadian version of bruschetta, sold at the Italian bakery/deli.
@Juliaacv A "cheese bruschetta" would make people raise their raise eyebrows in Italy. As I am dieting I am avoiding bruschette right now, the bread and the oil are both full of calories.
@LadyDuck There is only a very small amount of shredded cheese on it, that is just to hold everything in place I suspect. Here restaurants tend to use a lot of balsamic vinegar on bruschetta. I don't mind that vinegar, but I don't like a lot on bruschetta.
@CarolDM (32754)
Looks very tasty there on the grill.
Thanks Carol. We almost had room for all of our supper on the grill, but the mac and cheese had to be done in the oven.
@CarolDM (32754)
@Juliaacv Oh well, looks like you had a good one. Enjoy your evening.
@CarolDM Thanks, enjoy your evening too.
What are kabobs, please? The term is not in the dictionary.
@maluse It is food, meat and vegetables, cooked and eaten on a skewer.
Definition, Synonyms, Translations of kabobs by The Free Dictionary
@Juliaacv I see. Thank you. I know the term as 'kebab'. I didn't think of this and that t may be the same. The term was introduced into the German language by the many Turks living in Germany.
@MALUSE I have also made fruit kabobs, just as an easy outside dessert without having to worry about bowls.
looks yummy :) yes ma'am, bet yer place smelled jest divine!
@Juliaacv i bet so :)
@DeborahDiane (27306)
• Laguna Woods, California
@Juliaacv - It looks like a wonderful meal! I'll be right over for dinner! LOL
@DeborahDiane Doesn't everything look better when its been grilled? Because we have 4 seasons up here, we only grill for part of the spring, all of the summer and part of the autumn, so we do love it when we're preparing food out on it.
• Laguna Woods, California
@Juliaacv - Yes, grilled food looks mouth-watering good. Enjoy your grilling season!
That sounds a really yummy combination of foods and taste sensations.
Thanks, it was a nice combination. The only problem was, as usual, our eyes were bigger then our stomachs.
@Juliaacv Haha - aren't our eyes always???
• Peoria, Arizona
Oooh everything sounds amazing! We have only had kabobs once but they were a fun experience.
@DesiriousDreamer I like them, always have, if you are not a big eater, you can make it look like more then it is. I always get questioned when we eat with others that I don't eat a lot, and I always feel self-conscious about it.
• Peoria, Arizona
@Juliaacv Yeah I understand that. Since I'm a big girl people think I eat a lot but really a lot of the times I eat like bird haha
@Nevena83 (29578)
• Serbia
I'm glad you enjoyed the food.
Thanks, it was a really nice supper, we have been eating very lightly with the heatwave, so we both had an appetite tonight now that its cooler.
@Nevena83 (29578)
• Serbia
@Juliaacv Oh, I'm late with the answer.
Mac and cheese is always so good. After four days off I don't want to go to work tomorrow!
We have lots of mac and cheese left over, it was so cheesy and creamy-delicious! I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday evening, and then its only for 4 hours. I do love working part time.
@Juliaacv I like my job a lot but it would be better if it was part time.
@rakski (33950)
looks nice!
Thanks, he did most of our supper out on the grill, there just wasn't enough room for the mac and cheese, so that was done inside.
@rakski (33950)
@Juliaacv hmmm, yummy!!!
Your meal looks delicious.
Thank you, it was a delicious meal.
Sounds like a good "shopping" trip and meal.
Yeah, it was. And we had a delicious meal as a result of it.
Now you have to plan tomorrow's dinner.
Its nice to have him help me with a few meals here and there, otherwise it just gets so mundane trying to come up with something appetizing day in and day out.
• Lenox, Georgia
Your meal sounds delicious!! Enjoy your evening. =)
Thanks, we had a lot of fun preparing and cooking it together.
@Gillygirl (32878)
• Sutton, England
Looks yummy Julia, I am chilling in my holiday home before I go to bed
It was a delicious supper. We have both been eating so lightly because of the terrible heat and humidity and today we both woke up, enjoying the cooler temperatures, and feeling an appetite.
@psanasangma (2027)
Nice one!