The Exciting Life and Times of Me

No, not really. My life isn't overly exciting, I was only trying to get your attention. I don't have to work (outside of the home) today. I am working inside of the home. I am in the midst of getting a load of laundry done. Part of it is in the dryer and the other part is just waiting its turn to go into the dryer. Like I said this is the exciting life and times of me. My only other plans for this exciting day will be taking the car in to get it detailed later on this morning. I am very fussy about how I have everything in its place and do not want any of it moved. For that reason, I will need to bring along a tote to put the various 'necessities' that I ride along with. That is a snapshot into the exciting life and times that I am currently involved in, what are you up to?
@Gillygirl (32878)
• Sutton, England
Hello, I am taking a break as it is hot and I don't wish to get burnt, JT20
No, you will have to reapply the sunscreen before you go back out. Less then 2 weeks left!!!
@DaddyEvil (27485)
• Aurora, Missouri
@Gillygirl @Juliaacv Would either of you care for some fresh-cut watermelon? Pretty and I usually eat a watermelon in two days. We've started buying them two or three at a time. I still have one more in the floor in the dining room. I cut one up and chunk it into quart sized serving bowls, put lids on the bowls and stick them in the fridge. I take one to work each day and eat another when I get home after work. Pretty eats them all day long. Fixing a few more for friends wouldn't take much time and we could visit while you were here eating some.
@DaddyEvil We had to stop buying watermelon also, we couldn't eat it all before it would go bad. I'd love a little dish, I can add it to our fruit salad.
I’m thinking about going back to bed
I will catch a quick few minutes of shut eye this afternoon.
@ramapo17 (27987)
• Melbourne, Florida
That sounds good to me @Juliaacv.
@ramapo17 (27987)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Juliaacv I like you way of thinking.
@CarolDM (32754)
My exciting day is staying inside again to stay cool!
It isn't too bad inside here today. I have the windows open, but when I was in the car I had the a/c on.
@CarolDM (32754)
@Juliaacv That is good. Enjoy the day!
@CarolDM Thanks, and you as well.
I don't know if I can handle your excitement. I hope you had a great morning getting your car detailed and your laundry is done and put away. I'm not that detailed about my life. I keep it neat, that's all that matters.
I know.....how does this old heart of mine take it? Years and years, decades really, of all of this excitement and it keeps on ticking away. Maybe I have some timex in my ancestory. I washed our quilt before I left to get the car done, and now its in the dryer. It tends to take quite a while to dry.
@Juliaacv Quilts do. I'm glad you got everything done before you left. Yes, I do believe you have Timex ancestry.
all my days 're excitin' :) i see 'em's such jest coz i'd the gift 'f wakin'. my phone aint rang'n prolly 2 weeks'n such's not stopped all danged day. not gripin', loved speakin' with all, but my ear, neck 'n brain're plum worn out, lol.
I'm not much for talking for very long on the phone either.
@Juliaacv 'tis rare the grands call 't all, so 'twas worth the sore ear, neck 'n jumbled brain, lol.
@DaddyEvil (27485)
• Aurora, Missouri
@crazyhorseladycx I much prefer texting to talking on the phone. Most of my family won't shut up once you let them start talking... At least with texting, I can just stop responding when they start repeating themselves, although my sister keeps going until she's told me everything twice... and then I always have to hope she isn't planning on dropping by for a visit. If she does, I get to hear all the same news at least two more times. *sigh*
@moffittjc (56776)
• Gainesville, Florida
The only thing exciting I am doing on this Monday is myLotting. Otherwise, I've had a really long day at work. And we all know how much we hate going back to work on a Monday!
I go into work tomorrow at 5:30 for 4 hours. The upside to that is our gas prices fall as the day wears on, so when I come home the gas prices will be low and I need 1/2 a tank. And I hate to buy early when I know that its going to be cheaper later on.
@DaddyEvil (27485)
• Aurora, Missouri
Why do we all hate going in to work on a Monday, Jeff? Monday is the middle of my work-week. I'm off Tuesday and Thursday this week, so I'm half-way done now.
@moffittjc (56776)
• Gainesville, Florida
@DaddyEvil I hate going in on Mondays because all the bad sh*t happens at my pools on the weekends, and so on Mondays I'm left having to mop up all the messes, and put out all the fires. Basically, Mondays are when I do damage control.
@akalinus (27741)
Thanks for reminding me I need to go to the laundromat. I don't feel like it but I am addicted to clean clothes. I will appreciate it later.
I know, laundry seems to be a never-ending job doesn't it?
@akalinus (27741)
@Juliaacv I keep washing the same basket of clothes over and over.
@DaddyEvil (27485)
• Aurora, Missouri
@akalinus You know, you could let the crazy guy down the street have a few more of your bras and undies... at least then you have an excuse to buy new ones and stop washing the same ones again and again, Jo Ann!
Picked up Molly from the groomer. Pink polka dot bows this time.
Oh, how cute is that?
@DaddyEvil (27485)
• Aurora, Missouri
Uhm... I think I'd tell them Molly hates polka dots and see what they come up with instead. It would at least be entertaining, right?
@DaddyEvil Well, the groomer seems to have every style of bow know to man, and I do believe Molly has had them all. No matter what is on the bow, Molly works hard to remove them. She is down to one bow now, and it will be gone by this evening.
@ramapo17 (27987)
• Melbourne, Florida
I am not up to anything today. For the last few days I have been working in the garden and the temps outside are about 90 degrees so I am taking it easy and staying inside in the air conditioning.
What is the rush to work out in the garden when its so terribly hot out? The only thing that I've been doing outside in our heatwave was watering.
@ramapo17 (27987)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Juliaacv I was up in New Jersey for 3 weeks and my girlfriend gave me lots of plants from her garden. She has a couple of acres and has so many great plants. I wanted to get them in the ground so they wouldn't burn up. Today at least it is not as hot or humid as the last 2 weeks have been.
@ramapo17 I hope that the plants take too. They will mean a lot to you after working so hard in the heat on them.
My day is excitingly similar. Though I am washing floors instead of clothes. The car will be detailed by me and only if I get a round toit
I love it!!!
@Juliaacv they used to be on fridge magnets. Did you ever see one?
@paigea No, I have not seen any.
We also remove everything from the car when we bring it for inspection. I just finished to prepare a no bake cheese cake, now I am resting in front of a fan.
@LadyDuck I was gone for 3 hours, now I'm back to doing laundry. Ho hum.
@Juliaacv It's Tuesday morning, cloudy and windy, at least is cool.
@LadyDuck Its only 4am here, but I couldn't sleep so I got up for a few minutes.
• Agra, India
I hope you are able to arrange things your way
I don't foresee it being anything but a relaxing day today.
• Agra, India
@Juliaacv this is good. I hope you all have a good day
@amitkokiladitya Thank you, I hope that you have a great day today too!
@Bensen32 (4848)
Well my excitement for the day is coming to work and being bored an hour into it. Hopefully, I will be getting somethings done today but I am waiting for the work to show up.
It sounds like you're living the high life too.
@Bensen32 (4848)
@Juliaacv so much fun.
@Bensen32 I just had a quick little power nap, had to just to be able to contain myself.
I have the dishwasher going and the dryer so my life is about as exciting as yours at the moment.
My dryer is running now too.
@DaddyEvil (27485)
• Aurora, Missouri
I'm a bit worried... I keep reading about all the excitement you all are having and can't be sure my heart will take it!
@DaddyEvil I know, somebody's got to live this life and somehow that is me.
Working all day and then a hike this evening at the nature park.
I hope that you are having a good day at work, enjoy your hike this evening.
@DaddyEvil (27485)
• Aurora, Missouri
Oh! That actually sounds like fun! I do hope you had a good time, Laurel!
@thelme55 (19463)
I am thinking of taking a nap this afternoon as I have woke up so early. I have only slept for 6 hours and it is not enough for me.
Enjoy your quiet nap time.
@thelme55 (19463)
@Juliaacv I was not able to take a nap. A call from the Philippines has hindered me from napping.
@thelme55 I hope that everything is okay.
@mayka123 (12914)
My exciting life is waking up in the morning. Preparing breakfast and lunch and then getting ready and going to work. Three hours of travel to and fro to work everyday and eight hours in office. That hardly leaves me any time for myself. And in the little time that I have I have to finish all the chores at home!!!! Exciting..... isnt it?
@mayka123 You have a really long commute. I had today and will have tomorrow off from work, because I work part time. Today I drove over an hour to see my 2 elderly aunts, we had a very nice visit.
@mayka123 (12914)
@Juliaacv Yes it is a long commute. But if you want a nice pay check we have to compromise somewhere.
@mayka123 I agree, I have done that in the past also.
@DaddyEvil (27485)
• Aurora, Missouri
Nothing as exciting as that, I can assure you. I went to work yesterday, had a "fun" day and then came home where I fell asleep until I woke up at 2 am. I decided to go onto myLot and see what others were doing. It's now 3:38 am and I just read and responded to your discussion. I'm off work today so am not worried about getting back to sleep anytime soon.
I had today off from work. I drove over an hour to the area that we used to live in and visited with 2 of my elderly aunts. When I started the car to come back home again, the check engine light came on in my car. Its low in mileage, so I stopped at the garage on my way home. He reset the code, but asked me to call the dealership and check if there are any open recalls on it. Sadly there isn't, but I don't feel safe driving the car long distance anymore, I'm too afraid of it breaking down. Next time I'll have to trade with my hubby and let him take my car just in town and I will take his big SUV.
@DaddyEvil (27485)
• Aurora, Missouri
@Juliaacv Don't you use AAA services? I do... I have AAA Ultimate. I can be towed up to 200 miles, be taken to any service station of my choice and even have gas brought to me if I run low for free. I pay $50 a year for this service. I get to call them four times a year for their services. And if, by chance I use all four service calls, I also have Roadside Assistance through my car insurance. I can get up to three tows a year of up to 100 miles for free from them, jump starts for free and a free rental for one day/night if needed. My car is in great shape but it isn't new so I don't take chances with it!
@DaddyEvil We have CAA up here, and we used to have a membership. A membership runs twice what you pay, we let our membership lapse. If I ever need a tow, I have a cellphone and can call for one and pay at that time. I've spent lots on memberships over the years and not reaped any benefits of car service.
@smileyhema (3036)
Sometimes, we've to keep enjoying what life gives us. I'm sure you're having busy day with those laundry works. Do enjoy and once done, grab some rest for yourself. :-) Monday is really bit slow for me. Going along with it.
The day is almost over now, we shall wait and see what tomorrow brings.
@Juliaacv Oh okay. Sure, it will be a better tomorrow. :-) Have a good night's rest.
@smileyhema Thanks, and you as well.
@Moon24 (6385)
• Novi Sad, Serbia
Enjoy your day
Thanks, you enjoy your day also today.
@Moon24 (6385)
• Novi Sad, Serbia
@Juliaacv Thank you. I will be here in the evening. You?
@Moon24 Probably for a bit. I usually shut the computer off in another 6 hours.