In A Fog

Early this morning I woke feeling my usual self. Before too long that changed. I began with a bad headache. I closed all of the windows and turned the a/c on. I only had one Tylenol left in the bottle, so I walked over the nearby pharmacy to get another bottle. Once I had a couple of those in me, I went to back to bed with a cold compress on my forehead. A couple of hours later I woke. I ate something and then felt warm again. I turned the a/c off. I am going to take a couple more Tylenol tablets and lie back down again. I feel like I am in a fog today and I need to rest it out of me.
Oh gosh, migraine maybe? I don't know if I get true migraines, but I can relate. Often I feel better if I can sleep it off to forget about it. Hope you feel better soon!
Yes, you are right, it was a migraine. I don't get them often, and when I do I surrender really quickly.
@Juliaacv I ended up with a headache by the end of the day yesterday. I thought I could sleep it off, but when I woke up in the middle of the night, it was still there. This morning I am much better - a bit of coffee seemed to have helped!
@much2say Still today my eyes are bothering me and my head feels weird, but not painful.
Hope you feel better. I had a day like that yesterday
@Juliaacv hope you can shake that foggy feeling. Enjoy your visit with your aunts tomorrow. I'm sure they'll be happy to see you too
@Marilynda1225 I feel so much better after going into work. It was only for 4 hours but it got me dressed up and out the door, so that was beneficial. I am looking forward to seeing my 2 old aunts tomorrow. They are both nuns, so I will have to mind my p's and q's.
@mrki444 (3635)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
I hate real fog, especially when I have to drive.
Yes driving in fog is quite difficult, I dislike it also.
@mrki444 (3635)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Juliaacv Especially cross village or town. You never know who can jump out.
@mrki444 We used to live in a tiny little rural village, and the drive into town used to be very scary when it was foggy.
@LowRiderX (10960)
• Serbia
Maybe because of A / C you have a headache, that's what happens to me too, or when I'm hungry oh and when I do not drink coffee. I hope you will feel better soon
Thank you. I have to leave for work in a little while, but only for 4 hours, and then back home again to bed and sleep it away.
@LowRiderX (10960)
• Serbia
@Juliaacv I think you'll enjoy leaving the house. It's good that you do not stay long, only 4 hours
@LowRiderX No, you are right, it was nice and felt good to get dressed up and go out to go into work.
I usually get that fog when my allergies are kicking up. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Thanks, it lasted one full day and the next day I was almost alright, but not perfectly. The only thing that I can do when I get a migraine is to retreat to the bedroom, pull the shades, and lie down until I feel better.
@Juliaacv Ah, I didn't know it was a migraine, mine doesn't give me a fog they just knock me for a loop. If I get an aura and can take 800mg of ibuprofen before it starts I can often nip it in the bud these days but I have had migraines since I was 4 years old, I remember as a child throwing up a lot with my headaches.
@BelleStarr I used to have horrendous headaches when I was a child before they removed my brain tumor. My migraines are nothing like those, and actually now that I have gone thru the change I have less migraines then I did even a few years ago.
@simone10 (30828)
I'm sorry you are feeling bad. Your body is telling you that you need the rest.
I have to shut the world off when I get like this. I need complete silence, total darkness, a cold compress and time. I took that this morning, and then got up for a bit and then gave in again and shut everything down for another hour or so and now I'm up again.
@simone10 (30828)
@Juliaacv I hope you are feeling better today
@simone10 Thanks, after a great night's sleep I feel myself today.
@HazySue (30158)
I hope you are ok. I enter a fog just about every day. It makes it hard to think. I am fortunate that I do not get the bad headache each time. I am so sorry that you have to deal with it.
I will be alright in the morning, I'm sure it will have passed by then. I get a few of these a year, and all it takes is time to let them pass.
@HazySue (30158)
That is normal for someone suffering with fibro fog. do you have fibromyalgia? you need rest and nothing more.
No, I don't have fibro, but a few times a year I will suffer from a migraine. That is why we have black out shades with pretty curtains over top.
@Juliaacv Oh that is another issue I understand very well. I am sorry about that.
@sharon6345 Thanks.
@mayka123 (12914)
Hope you have rested well and feeling better now.
Thank you, I did get a good night's sleep and I feel more myself now.
@mayka123 (12914)
@Juliaacv Thats good. We need it sometimes.
A headache is a real bother ! Isn't Tylenol a medicine for a cold ? It has lots of side effects.
Tylenol is a brand name for pain relief and does include arthritis and cold medications. I took the extra strength pain relief.
Sorry you werent feeling well.
Thanks. I was a bit worried because the day after that (yesterday) I drove over an hour to visit with my 2 older aunts. And I was driving by myself.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
So sorry Julia..I trust you are better?
Today I am better-thank you. My eyes feel very sensitive to the light, and it was a very sunny day here today.
@saytama (54)
• Chisinau, Moldova
I think this migraine is caused by unstable pressure ,the street is terrible unstable weather ,all this has a detrimental effect on everyone and even on animals what can we say about people,I think you need to rest more often and avoid the sun.
It really could be weather-related.
@Janet357 (19177)
What usually triggered that feeling?
Nothing, it just starts with a terribly strong headache, and the light bothers my eyes.
I hope everything is already now.
Thanks, today I am fine.
@debjani1 (6567)
While going somewhere I don't want fog. I think after taking medicine you will feel quite better.
It wasn't so much the pills that I took, but the time that I allowed my body to get over that. I went to bed for a while a couple of times and that helped.
Hopefully, a day with lots of resting will see you up and chirpy again.
Thanks Judy. I went into work for 4 hours and that actually helped bring me out of it. I had to force myself to shed that fog feeling, working on a computer will make you do that.
@Elizaby (5020)
• Pensacola, Florida
Have a good rest and I hope the fog is gone and you are feeling better
Thank you Mary. Its almost bedtime now. Tomorrow I am going to visit 2 of my old aunts, and I'm looking forward to seeing them.
@Gillygirl (32878)
• Sutton, England
Oh gosh, I am sorry you were ill too. I hate gthat fod. I get in a COPD attack
Thank you. As soon as I felt that stabbing pain in the back of my head shooting right to the front of my head I got some Tylenols into me, lowered the shades on the bedroom window, cranked on the a/c, put a cold compress on my forehead and got under the blankets for a few hours. I had to do that twice today, but it is finally gone. I don't envy you with COPD, that is a terrible illness.
Hope that you are feeling better tonight. Sometimes the Tylenol can work really good.
I find that for myself Tylenol (extra strength) works wonders on me. I refuse to take anything stronger. Quite often lying down in a dark room, with a cold compress on my forehead and complete silence for a few hours is as good as the Tylenol.