I didn't want to mow the lawn yesterday anyway...

By JJ
@myklj999 (29021)
Olney, Illinois
5 days ago, my lawnmower broke, so I took it to be repaired. Yesterday morning, I got a call saying my mower was fixed, so I went to pick it up. And I brought it home. And I unloaded it. And it wouldn't start. The pull rope would come out about a foot and that was it. So I loaded it back up and took it back to the place. Whomever 'fixed' it decided the pull-cord was too long so they cut a few feet off of it before putting it back on. And yesterday afternoon, I got a call saying it is fixed now. So I'll go pick it up again today and see if they got it right this time...
Should just get a sheep to keep the lawn in shape.
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
At first it wouldn't start...always started on the first pull before...then I remembered I ran out of gas last time I used it
@FourWalls (20017)
That’s not a half-baaaa-d idea!
Although it's good that they've fixed it and hopefully at no extra cost, it's still inconvenient to have to take it back a second time. And it might be that you live some distance away.
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
Yep, it works, no extra charge.
@BarBaraPrz (23520)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@myklj999 Good one.
@VivaLaDani13 (32542)
• Perth, Australia
@myklj999 That sounds irritating! I hope it's fixed now. But I mean fixed for real this time! Good luck!
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
They'd best not try to charge me for the second 'repair'
• Perth, Australia
@myklj999 They bloody better not cause that would be ridiculous!!
@FourWalls (20017)
Nice to see Mr. Trump getting a part-time job in a lawn mower repair shop to help th “little guys.” (Translation: that was STOOPID.) Hopefully you didn’t have to pay for the retrograde installment after the “improvement.”
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
They put a brand-new cord on it and no charge to me for it
I thought that you had a rider?
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
I have both, parts of the yard can't be done with a rider
@CarolDM (32754)
Good luck! That has to be sooo frustrating.
what a hassle
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
smh What genius decided the pull-cord designed for the mower it was attached to was too long for the mower it was attached to? It sounds to me like someone broke the old pull-cord and didn't want to own up to it.
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
The cord is supposed to go up the handle where you can reach it while holding it from the pushing position...they set it up like the old mowers with the pull handle coming right out of the engine. So they had about 3 feet of 'extra' cord which they cut off...
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@myklj999 As a former public school teacher, I humbly apologize for the amount of stupid released upon the world by our modern public education system.
@BarBaraPrz (23520)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@myklj999 Idiots.
I hope you don't get it back with the pull rope being even shorter . My dad was a gardener by occupation . . . he had a back up mower, but he would take hours/days to fix a broken mower on his own if he had to. Something for him to do in his man cave .
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
I started mowing this morning and found out he left a bunch of bolts loose on it
@myklj999 Seriously? Does this guy really know how to fix mowers ?
I hate how they work in our days, no one, I say no one, of the new generation do things correctly!
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
I was pretty mad when I got it home yesterday and found out they'd screwed it up
@myklj999 Every time I need to have something repaired I know I will get a problem.
ours is still acting up.revs up,stalls,revs up,stalls.it's not the gas.. he says there's some kind of failsafe on the exhaust that's doing it. overheat protection or something.
@wolfgirl569 (18109)
• Marion, Ohio
I see it works now. Did you test it there before loading it up?
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
I did pull the cord to make sure that worked, but I had to gas it up after I got home to actually start it
@BarBaraPrz (23520)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
You could've "fixed" it yourself!
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
If it was an old-style mower I'd have just done it myself to start with
@Sojourn (5910)
If he can't fix it this time, lend his lawnmower and mow the lawn.
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
If it isn't fixed this time I'm going to make HIM mow my lawn
@rakski (33950)
good luck!
@sophie09 (8485)
hope it is fixed already
@hereandthere (37647)
so when you claimed it, you didn't test it before taking it home? when you took it back, was it the same guy that fixed it?
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
I didn't think I'd need to test it, replacing a pull-cord isn't that hard...but I guess doing it right is Yes, the same guy, but I told him exactly what he did wrong the first time I took it there
@myklj999 now he knows in case he comes across a similar unit next time
what??? they thought the cord too long 'n cut 't? says lots 'bout the folks they've workin' there, eh? i hope such's actually workin' now. yer fortunate to've a place that'll fix 'em. here ya call 'n they'll tell ya they can't e'en get to 't to look 't 'til october. i'm all fer the hubs haulin' these broken thingies to 'em 'n waitin' versus 'em sittin' out here 'n ne'er bein' fixed (2 ridin' mowers, 2 push mowers, 3 weed eaters, a giant mega weed eater'n wheels 'n 2 tillers).
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
i have 3 weedeaters in various states of disrepair laying around I need to work on
@myklj999 the hubs's 6 total, if'n i recall correctly? nah, he'll not use 'em. my thinkin' bein' if'n ya aint gonna use 'em (the ones that work) 'n the others're needin' repair - get rid 'f 'em!
@xander6464 (14524)
• Wapello, Iowa
Frank Zappa put it so well: Flakes, flakes! Flakes, flakes! They don't do no good They never be workin' when they oughta should They waste your time They're wastin' mine California's got the most of them Boy, they got a host of them
@janethwayne (4115)
I like to have a machine like that to mow but I can't afford it.I just hired someone to remove the grass manually in my place using a bolo.