Smell Magnet in My Nostrils?

By Ecoy
@Ecoy41 (380)
I don't know why but it seems my nose easily smells unpleasant smell around. I can tell very well who among my colleagues that have really unpleasant smell. So far, there are four of them who if I get near, I really get a headache afterwards. So, I really try avoiding them. But I can't really avoid them though. I feel very sorry for this. I seem to have very sensitive smelling sense. Also, in the mosque, there is a spot where I can smell the Athlete's foot. What is happening with me? Is there really a smell? Or is it only me?
@VivaLaDani13 (32276)
• Perth, Australia
@Ecoy41 wow your smelling sense sure is powerful. It's normal though. Some have a heightened smelling sense while others may hear better than others or see better than others. It varies from person to person. So I can promise you there is nothing wrong with you. It's just that your smelling sense is probably the most strongest sense you have.
@Ecoy41 (380)
The thing is it really makes me dizzy every time.
• Perth, Australia
@Ecoy41 I'm sorry. That really does make it difficult. hmmm ok well I am going to put a link in this response. Please don't rely on this information 100% but do take note that this is common and apparently can be treated. So feel free to look through this or maybe do some of your own research but I strongly recommend you seeing a doctor about this. If it's too much to handle then something needs to be done. I was reading through it and sounds like you but I'm not saying this is what you have. It's just a possibility and would be even clearer for you to seek medical help on this.
https://www.healthline.com/health/hyperosmia
@Ecoy41 (380)
@VivaLaDani13 I'll check on that link in a while. Thanks for this great help.
@DaddyEvil (27447)
• Aurora, Missouri
You may have a hyper-sensitive nose for bad odors, Ecoy. You should try to find out if it is your colleagues that have an odor or if it is the cologne they wear that you don't like. If it is their cologne, you can explain that you have a sensitivity issue with it and ask them to change to something else or go without it when around you. My first wife loved a perfume that made me violently ill any time I smelled it. Most of the time she didn't bother wearing perfume at all. On our third date she wore it and was very upset that it made me throw up... It is entirely possible that the athlete's foot you smell is from a person who regularly stands/sits in that area. I am sorry that your nose is that sensitive.
@Ecoy41 (380)
Really it makes me throw up. The thing is one of these people who I can smell that terrible smell always sits next to me during lunchtime and when he is seated next to me I lose appetite because really that terrible smell is getting into my system. And that spot with the terrible smell also I don't know why but I am always directed to it. When we pray you can't just choose your spot if you're timely for that you will not really have a choice.
@DaddyEvil (27447)
• Aurora, Missouri
@Ecoy41 I'm sorry, but I'm laughing at the thought of you having to sit next to a person who smells bad to you... *giggling* Okay, I'm done laughing now, my friend. Let me ask you a question... do you have something like Vicks VapoRub? "Vicks VapoRub ointment is a mentholated topical ointment, part of the Vicks brand of over-the-counter medications owned by the American pharmaceutical company Procter & Gamble. VapoRub is intended for use on the chest, back and throat for cough suppression or on muscles and joints for minor aches and pains." taken from Wikipedia We sometimes use it here to block a smell that is noxious or overwhelming. Rub a bit of it under your nostrils or you can even rub it inside your nostrils to block the smell. (I suggest you smell the open container before rubbing it either place. It is strong!) What happens if you aren't timely for prayer? I'm not suggesting you skip prayer or are extremely late for it. What I am suggesting is you show up on time and wait a little bit... maybe catch a friend at the door and step aside and visit before going in. Would that work?
@Ecoy41 (380)
@DaddyEvil It is not that I don't like the smell of Vicks. But also I kind of don't like the smell of it. I prefer the Whiteflower ointment instead. But I am worried about the people aroudn too. They might smell it too. I don't want to create the commotion. OMG! And you are laughing at my situation and I am laughing right now too because I made you laugh. I am considering what you are suggesting regarding prayers but the thing is I always come early for prayers because I wanted to do extra prayers all the time. But we'll see.
@cperry2 (1364)
My wife is like this. I am the opposite. I can barely smell much of anything. Very strong smells reach me, a skunk, petroleum products, that sort of thing. But small smells, flowers, mown grass, I have a difficult time with, and unless I stick my nose inside a flower, I usually will smell nothing.
@Ecoy41 (380)
Smoke belched, ugh, they make me dizzy. I like the smell of nature. They don't cause any problem to me.
@cperry2 (1364)
@Ecoy41 A smoker is the definition of bad breath. Of course someone can eat a mint or something and mask the smell, but as bad as my sense of smell is, I can recognize a smoker from several feet away because of the smell that surrounds them. If you are a smoker, understand I am not intending to say anything negative here, just that I cannot deal well with the smell.
@Ecoy41 (380)
@cperry2 I used to smoke but not anymore for years now.
@sophie09 (7524)
maybe it is only you haha
@Ecoy41 (380)
Then, how unlucky I am. I feel sad now.
@sophie09 (7524)
@Ecoy41 hahah dont be
@Ecoy41 (380)
@sophie09 I know you're kidding me.
@Sojourn (5874)
I have a strong smelling sense. I can't bear strong odours.
@Ecoy41 (380)
Me too especially bad ones.
@Starkinds (3008)
I couldn't bear strong fragrance
@Ecoy41 (380)
Yes. Very strong fragrance also is a problem for me. I don't it that much when they shake hands with me and then they put on some very strong fragrance.
@janethwayne (4084)
We do have a natural smell to our body but those who have severe maybe have a poor hygiene.
@Ecoy41 (380)
Every time I get near to them it is the same smell I smell. There wasn't any occasion which I didn't. I wonder if they smell themselves. Or perhaps there is health issue? Really the smell is terrible. Like I can smell their internal organs?