Now A Opossum

@wolfgirl569 (18109)
Marion, Ohio
My neighbor needs to get back to over feeding her chickens. Her other pets are visiting here without the food. Two mornings ago I found a raccoon in the trap. This morning I had an opossum. The trap has been set all summer and I had not caught anything since about the middle of spring. Now everything is showing up. I know the neighbor man has been feeding the chickens in the evenings as the woman is now working an evening shift at Meijers. He dont feed as heavy as she does. So I guess I need to have a talk with him about his pets Except for that my morning is going good. The critters all behaved and chores are done. I think I will work inside cleaning some today. I have been neglecting the house lately. The nice weather let me get things done outside. I did have to dig the blender out this morning. My smoothie maker decided to die on me. So I will have to get a new one next week when I go shopping. Hope you have a good day.
@kareng (13798)
Oh new topic of discussion for you: please share some smoothie recipes
@wolfgirl569 (18109)
• Marion, Ohio
My favorite is just frozen strawberries and milk. Frozen berries makes it like a milk shake. I do sometimes add a banana to the mix too.
@kareng (13798)
@wolfgirl569 Do you ever add yogurt to yours? I haven't made any in a long time. This would be a nice treat in summer or even a fast breakfast.
@wolfgirl569 (18109)
• Marion, Ohio
@kareng No I do sometimes add cottage cheese.
@velvet53 (19578)
• Palisade, Colorado
I wonder what you will find in the trap next. The neighbor does need to feed extra so you don't have to deal with all the different animals. This reminds me of our Great Pyrenez allowing a fox to eat his dog food.
@wolfgirl569 (18109)
• Marion, Ohio
Just hoping not their skunk. We know they had one staying around over there earlier this year. They had a fox last year that was living high on duck. They never did anything to try to stop it. She just bought more ducks. But think a guy up the road with chickens got the fox. Know we havent seen it this year. Bad Bad Dog Bambi, my beagle mix that hates almost everything, tried to play with an old fox a few years back. She was supposed to get it. At least it didnt want a new playmate and we never seen it again. I knew it was old because it ignored the loose chickens and went rummaging in the scrap pile for the cats.
@velvet53 (19578)
• Palisade, Colorado
@wolfgirl569 I hope you don't get a skunk either. What a mess that would be. I guess if they can afford to feed the wild life more power to them. I don't mind feeding wild life but not with my own stock. Poor Bambi. All she wanted to do was play.
@wolfgirl569 (18109)
• Marion, Ohio
@velvet53 I use eggs for bait in the trap. That helps keep the cats out and the skunks are less likely to go in also. But have trapped a couple of them. No way to set them free without shooting them. I wish I could as they have never bothered my chickens. It was a bad Bambi
Why does under-feeding the chickens mean that the raccoons and possums are coming to your place?
@wolfgirl569 (18109)
• Marion, Ohio
She throws so much food on the ground that they have got used to easy feeding. So now they associate barns with free food. Her husband dont give the chickens more than they will eat. So now they are roaming farther. We had this a couple of years ago too. No raccoons all summer. They penned their chickens up, had been free ranging them, because chickens were disappearing. Out of 7 days we caught 5 raccoons after that. Then over the next couple of weeks got 3 or 4 more. We know they were different ones as we destroyed them so they could not come back in to try again.
@wolfgirl569 Thanks. I understand now.
@wolfgirl569 (18109)
• Marion, Ohio
@JudyEv No problem.
Fried Opossom , yum!
@wolfgirl569 (18109)
• Marion, Ohio
My dad liked it and groundhog. I never did.
• Hangzhou, China
I still can't get it,these possum and racoon,are they from the wild forest or the neighbour's home?and is the possum hurt?i read it like a detective novel,it's so marvelous and mysterious
@wolfgirl569 (18109)
• Marion, Ohio
She throws so much extra food out that she has drawn wild animals in. Now that her hubby is feeding they dont have the easy food to get. Yes wild and dangerous to my chickens if they get into them. But have learned to be lazy because of the neighbors.
@LindaOHio (6812)
I'm glad the critters are behaving. I hope you have a good day too!!!
@wolfgirl569 (18109)
• Marion, Ohio
Thanks. You too.
Billy is a good boy?
@wolfgirl569 (18109)
• Marion, Ohio
As long as he is in the barn he is
@sophie09 (8485)
Hi! Have a good day to you too, i'm about to sleep now
@CarolDM (32754)
Glad you had a good day after you got the neighbors straight!
@wolfgirl569 (18109)
• Marion, Ohio
They keep losing those wild pets of theirs
@debjani1 (6567)
The bird is new to me. Its really beautiful. I liked it.