What's on your agenda for today? It's back to work for me.

Walnut Creek, California
Two softball buddies and I took some hitting practice yesterday evening. I brought three Gatorades , one for each of us, and we had a good time. No beer last night. I had the day off yesterday, so I did dishes, ran some phone errands, and deposited some gig money in the bank. Oh, and I visited Stevie Coyle's boutique guitar store in Lafayette. We had an interesting discussion about the use of "humor" during music performances. I'll write about that another time. Today, it's back to work at the preschool. It's not really work--it's more like paid fun. Then tonight I have a softball game. What's on your agenda for today? Anything unusual? I can tell as I sit here at 8:34 AM that it's going to be hot as hell today.
You have a good day ahead of you. Who knew my dad, who passed away last summer, had two retainers on file with the elder care lawyers???? Not POA/Trustee me. Had to go and straighten out that mess.
• Walnut Creek, California
What are "retainers"? What did you have to do?
@TheHorse Well, I was told that the remainder of the retainer fee will be returned. I had no idea that those who paid a retainer fee must contribute to IOLTA which is the interest on Lawyer Trust Accounts. It is a method of raising money for charitable purposes, primarily the provision of civil legal services to indigent persons, through the use of interest earned on certain lawyer trust accounts. I had never heard of IOLTA and had to research that.
@TheHorse Dang! Some people are downright evil! Who knows where my money will go????
@ShyBear88 (27245)
Summer school for my oldest, she comes home here in the next few minutes. Then we are doing slurpie at 1-2 babysitting my nephew. Dinner and house stuff
• Walnut Creek, California
Sounds like a satisfying day, actually.
@ShyBear88 (27245)
@TheHorse tiring day
• Walnut Creek, California
@ShyBear88 What was the most difficult part?
Nothing thrilling on the agenda today.
• Walnut Creek, California
Maybe a couple of meals?
well my plans is to thin down some alum cans to help pay for a vet bill that is 130$ for putting my charmon down last friday which wasn't east to do for me.
• Walnut Creek, California
Putting down a loved one is hard to do.
@TheHorse you ain't never lied, I've had to do 4 of them it sucks big time.
• Walnut Creek, California
@hardtimes1958 When my friend put down her 27-year-old mare that I was riding for her, I cried for months.
• Agra, India
My day is about to end and I wish to be here till I go to sleep
• Walnut Creek, California
Sounds good. I think there's an eleven hour difference between there and here.
• Agra, India
@TheHorse I guess you are right. Now your day must have started.
• Walnut Creek, California
@amitkokiladitya All I have left this evening is a softball game. I just went swimming.
@dodo19 (36794)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Not much for us. It's a rainy day here, so it seems like a good day to just stay home, relax, and watch some shows/movies.
• Walnut Creek, California
Sounds good to me. Did you get some relaxing in?
@dodo19 (36794)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@TheHorse We did get a little bit of relaxing in.
• Walnut Creek, California
@dodo19 (thumbs up emoji)
The day has been cool and partly cloudy. I started to work an area of the garden where I want to place a small decorative water fountain. It's a bit of work, but I will do it.
• Walnut Creek, California
Will the fountain have a sound to it? I've come to appreciate some "water features."
@TheHorse No, no sounds, it will be a closed circuit fountain. There is a reservoir from which it draws the water and to which the water returns.
@1hopefulman (43016)
It rained quite heavily all morning and so I just hung around with some friends. Did some errands this afternoon and we are expecting more rain any minute. I might just watch some old TV shows.
• Walnut Creek, California
I was at the pool and took a break so I could drink some...whatever...and check the internet. I'm reading a Child Development book out there, getting sweaty, and hoping to jump in soon.
@1hopefulman (43016)
@TheHorse I have a pool in the building where I live and went swimming on Monday.
@wolfgirl569 (18166)
• Marion, Ohio
It has got hot here today too.
• Walnut Creek, California
I'm home from work and about to give Mylot a break. I'll hit the pool (not too hard) and hope it will loossen me up for softball tonight.
@wolfgirl569 (18166)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheHorse You dont want to break it
@simone10 (30841)
Just a lazy day here. It's too hot to go out so I'm myLotting while watching Friends reruns.
@simone10 (30841)
@TheHorse you are so funny!
I've written a post. -- It's nearly 6 a.m. and it's raining and chilly. I'm contemplating if I should switch on the heating so that it's a bit cosy in the rooms.
• Walnut Creek, California
Did you turn it on? It Seattle WA (when I lived there) it was often rainy and chilly (but never seriously cold) so we often wore sweatshirts or sweaters.
@TheHorse I switched on the lowest temperature for the bathroom.
It's great that you are able to view your 'work' as paid fun. That is very much the best sort of job to have.
• Walnut Creek, California
It really is. look forward to seeing those littlies every day. I also enjoy teaching college classes for the most part, but that's a bit more stressful.
@xiaolisu (2680)
I have some errands to do for the last several days.i have to done it as soon as possible cause It's the last work day for this week
• Walnut Creek, California
Has work been satisfying? I work tomorrow. But the weekend is supposed to be hot, so I expect to spend some more time at the pool.
@CarolDM (32919)
Humor is always good in any situation. We have rain today!
• Walnut Creek, California
Alas, some see it as a sign of disrespect. Or of diverting attention away from them.
@mrki444 (3672)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
I'm cleaning part of my apartment and later I need to finish my blog with games.
• Walnut Creek, California
Cleaning is always good.
Nothing unusual for me today. Just the pool and relaxing.
• Walnut Creek, California
Sounds like a good day. I got to come home early from work (I had big fun), so I'm going to visit the pool before softball.
Humor is okay as long and its not generic. I am working this morning, caregiver and I will go to court after lunch, and then go to work as a landlady, while still the caregiver, and then when I get home I will work on the homestead.
• Walnut Creek, California
Sounds like busy day. I got off early today, so I'm going swim in the pool a bit before tonght's softball game.
@yanzalong (13256)
It is very hot in my area as well.
• Walnut Creek, California
I think it's supposed to get hotter each day this week, I'll probably visit the pool this weekend.