With The Support of My Virtual Friends

Today has been a big day for me. I have been putting off taking out a membership to better my health for quite some time now. I read all about the benefits, understand that what my doctor has advised me for some time that I need to exercise is a reality. Today I did it. And please do not judge me on this, but it was a big step for me. I thank Alfredo, Valerie and NJ for their love of physical exercise, and for sharing their feelings thru posts. You have inspired me and now I have my own membership. I am booked in to see a personal trainer next Tuesday morning. And I will enroll in the water exercise classes when the registration date rolls around. And I hope that I can have some of my medication levels adjusted, like NJ has, and that I can be proud to have a picture taken of me, like Valerie has, and most of all I need to feel better. My next doctor's appointment isn't until the fall, but I want to get good results. I know that I will have to work really hard in order to get those results. It was such a big thing for me to enroll in this, that when I got out to the car, I literally broke down and cried a bit before I was able to leave the parking lot. But, I know that as a result of my virtual friends I signed up, and as a result of the support of my virtual friends, I hope to be successful in this venture. We get a lot more out of this site then words can really express don't we? ~Photo is mine
Oh yeah, You are on your way to the road you deserve. I wish you the best.
Thanks Sharon. I have always been the giver, and I am not selfish, so have never taken the money nor the time to get my body in the shape that it needs to be to be healthy. That was why I cried after I signed up.
@Juliaacv YOu know I understand that Julia. Just keep focused on you for a while and things will improve.
@sharon6345 Thank you SO much Sharon. I feel your support, and I know that you'll be there for me if I need and that really helps.
That is so wonderful that your virtual friends, lovely ones too, inspired you to get that membership. MyLot really is a very positive site and we are all so fortunate to be here.
Yes, we are so lucky to have such inspiring friends here. And from all walks of life, corners of the world and age groups. And I think that is what makes it work so well, otherwise we probably would be too busy judging each other to converse and befriend one another.
@Juliaacv I do believe the majority of users here are a big bunch of sweeties!!
@Corbin5 Well said, and yes, I totally agree.
Al and I do a lot of exercises, it is just a matter of finding what you enjoy with people you enjoy, it makes all the difference in the world.
You are lucky that your hubs will go along with you, mine won't. But it pushes me to push myself.
@Juliaacv I actually go with my husband, it is for his Parkinsons but I have ended up loving it and the people we have met.
@BelleStarr I think that I remember you posting about this when you first began. I will be fine, it was myself that always sat on the deck while our son took swimming lessons, its just not something that my husband likes, so I do it. And nobody can exercise for me, so that part I am alright with.
That's awesome you've taken that step. Don't forget diet is just as important as exercise.
Thank you Valerie! And I know, I just spent over an hour cleaning and cutting up some fruit for fruit salad and fruit kabobs. I did grocery shopping today and bought healthy stuff and am committed to doing it on a regular basis.
@Juliaacv That's great. You will see those pounds come off and you'll get into that swimsuit.
@just4him I have a bathing suit that fits, but I don't really care for it. And my goal is to slim down so that I will need to replace clothing but more then that so that I feel better.
@cacay1 (42687)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I am so happy for the decision you have finally made. That's great. Those exercises that await you after registration will surely make you strong and healthy. The people in charge on these gyms or pools are experts in their own field , well trained that they can help prolong life.CONGRATS and yes, virtual friends here across the universe help a lot in many ways.
I have been wanting to do this for a few years now. It was as a result of some of my friends online that I was able to take the step to register.
@cacay1 (42687)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Juliaacv so true, I also appreciate their persistence like @just4him . She always goes to a swimming pool near her place and others just to have a good exercise. My exercise is just dancing good for 25 minutes.
@cacay1 I am learning that the persistence is not always easy but it is possible.
that is so wonderful there.Personal trainer good for you.We have them at our club. You do not have to work hard.Work at your own pace there. Good luck
Thank you for some more of your words of wisdom, I will remember them and practise them.
@Juliaacv have a good evening there.Best to the family
@amadeo Thanks Alfredo, the same to you and Mike.
@LowRiderX (10965)
• Serbia
Why would somebody judge you? That's great, just do not give up
It happens all of the time. I think that I notice it because I am quiet when I am out.
@LowRiderX (10965)
• Serbia
@Juliaacv Always doing what you please, do not pay much attention to what others are saying
@LowRiderX Thanks, I try, and I will remember your advise.
@CarolDM (32919)
Nobody should ever judge you for anything! This is great. Good for you.
Thanks. Nobody should, but a lot do. I just hope that I have the courage to stick this out, I know it will be hard work, but I have faith in myself that I can muster thru it.
@CarolDM (32919)
@Juliaacv We are all rooting for you!
@CarolDM Thanks, I was talking to a girl at work about joining, and she asked me which location, and when I told her, it turns out that her room mate works at that one. She mentioned her name, and she was the girl that toured me, she asked her about me and she remembered because I seemed nervous. What a way to be remembered.
@1creekgirl (16787)
I am so proud of you! For exercise junkies, they don't realize the importance of that first step you just took, but I get it. I loved exercising when we had Curves, but although I went to the gym today, it's something I have to make myself do. A personal trainer is a great idea...she'll encourage you and tailor your work out to just what you need. Keep us posted on your journey.
@1creekgirl Thank you. I can be so introverted and socially awkward, and I do not have an exercise buddy, so I'm winging this one completely. But in the end we all have to do what is best for ourselves, so I am okay with that. Years ago a co-worker and myself used to go to Curves. That chain is no longer here in Canada. Its too bad because it was a nice circuit. I am nervous to go to my first appointment next week, but part of me is also looking forward to beginning the journey, unfolding the map as I like to think of it as.
@1creekgirl (16787)
@Juliaacv You will do just fine. I wish Curves was still in business, it was such fun and good exercise, too.
@1creekgirl There is a new company running out of the Curves location near me called Choices, I wonder if its the same concept.
@kepweng (24790)
I love virtual ftiend than anmoying real friend
Anyone that is annoying you shouldn't really be considered to be a friend should they?
@kepweng (24790)
@Juliaacv i love to talk more in Virtual mylot frirnd beacus3 its Not awkward than people that exist near me. Here u can tell ure Deepest Secrets people in real life can Sprreaf ure Secrets rumors like fire
23h
@kepweng There is something special about having virtual friends. But they can spread rumours too, I just choose to ignore it when I hear those nasty things.
I walk every day with my husband, but my biggest exercise are the stairs at home. Congratulations for your decision Julia.
Thanks Anna. I need to feel better, and this is necessary for me to get there.
@Juliaacv I am glad that you took this decision and I am sure you will feel better soon.
i'm so proud 'f ya fer takin' this step!! jest 'lways know that'cha got a great support team here rootin' fer ya, hon. yup, yer gonna start feelin' better 'n hopefully get weaned off some 'f yer meds, too. i know such 'twas stressful, change most oft 'd be jest that. yes ma'am, yer correct 'bout gettin' lots out'ta this place. some folks jest touch yer heart, make ya laugh, reflect 'n 't times help convince ya to do what needs doin'. happy dancin' fer ya ~
I have had so many friends touch my heart here. The thought of posting about my membership actually helped me stop crying earlier.
@Juliaacv me, too, hon. i've better friends here than'n "real life". so glad such did dry yer tears. we'll 'lways be here fer ya durin' yer journey. to cheer ya'n 'n help pick ya 'p if'n ya feel yer fallin'.
@simone10 (30841)
I am so happy and proud of you. I get it, it's hard to take that step. You know you have all of us here to support you along your journey
Thank you @simone10 I appreciate and will need your support. I have to get healthy again.
@simone10 (30841)
@Juliaacv I really need to also but it's hard when I am so limited on what I can do.
@simone10 I am really limited also because of my bone density, but carrying around all of this extra weight is not helping my weakening bones, nor my organs, so I am scared, but I am pushing myself. I hope that getting into the groove will be the hardest-I'm such a recluse.
@Gillygirl (32953)
• Sutton, England
Well done Julia, our friends here are very inspirational
Thanks, they are so helpful and inspiring.
@Gillygirl (32953)
• Sutton, England
@Juliaacv They certainly are
Way to go J20T! I am so proud of you.
Thanks, I've got to shed some pounds and start feeling better.
@Janet357 (19253)
glad to hear that. it will help.a lot indeed especially that water exercise.
I'm hoping so also.
Good for you. Our virtual friends here become a great support. Good luck with your new venture.
Thanks, I am nervous about this. I feel that I have a lot of work to do to become fit and to lose the weight that I want to lose. But nobody can do that work for me but me.
That is a very good step. And I need to use the hula hoop that I bought and get some exercise too.
Thank you. I am nervous to say the least, of failing and of the unknown, but I have to do this.
So proud of you!! I hope you hit all the goals you set with this.
Thanks Courtney. This is not easy for me. For a lot of years I had to try to keep weight on, so working to take it off is unknown to me. But I've got to do it.
That is so wonderful Julia! I know you will have success and we'll be rooting for you. You gave yourself a very nice early birthday gift...the gift of health!! YOU GO GIRL
Thank you. And I hope so, but I am such a nervous Nellie going out on my own like that, but my husband, who is trying to lose weight, will not go out in public to exercise. And I cannot lose weight by dieting alone.