For a healthy heart

zoo
Roseburg, Oregon
Quit smoking if you smoke . And second hand smoking is even bad for your heart. Get six to eight hours of sleep every night. Do not drink. Alcohol is bad for your heart. Keep your weight where it should be. Try to not be stressed out. You should eat healthy and fresh foods. Go for a thirty minute walk each day or do some type of exercise each day
Both the nurse at the doctor's office and the cardiologist asked me if I smoke this morning. Hell no!
I have never smoked and can not stand the bad smell.
@cperry2 (1465)
@jstory07 good for you. I did for nearly fifteen years. I quit (almost 30 years ago) and now I can't stand the smell.
@janethwayne (4115)
My dad is a heavy smoker but no matter how we tell him to stop he just ignore it.
@Mulidi (1951)
• Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Let him enjoy his life
@dgobucks226 (17996)
All great tips to living a healthy life Judy
@janethwayne (4115)
@DocAndersen (5762)
Great advice! doctors say women should walk 7500 steps a day for longer life. Men should walk 10,000 steps a day for longer life. My wife says my extra distance is so that I am far enough away that she can't kill me.
• Rupert, Idaho
My only issues are with the weight....which I am working on (or will be soon).
@Janet357 (19253)
thanks for this helpful.reminder!
This is very good advice but that bear would set my heart racing. It's very well done.
@RubyHawk (34221)
• Atlanta, Georgia
All good advice.
I don't smoke, but have been put in second hand smoke. There was a time you could smoke in the office and I had to breathe someone else smoke every day. I don't drink, because I take medicine that will probably not work with drinks. my weight is always iffy, and stress stays with me. My eating is so so most days, I do walk each day, so wonder if I am boarder line at being healthy.
@rakski (34038)
Check for most except for the weight and the exercise. I think I need to exert more effort
@acelawrites (16619)
Those are good points to keep healthy.
I am not sure 30 min walk anymore not with these legs of mine. I have one drink one on ly.Healthy food I have eaten most of my life. Now not interest in food anymore.Those days are gone for me
@db20747 (20793)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Everything is ok but the stress levels!! I really have to work on getting that down!!
Great tips for all of us!! I stay slim to avoid problems that come with being overweight. I miss all the sweet stuff, but better to be healthy.
@CarolDM (32919)
Many reasons to quit smoking.
@1hopefulman (43016)
Excellent advise and I agree with it all.
I never smoked or drank and walk up to an hour every day.
the sleep and stress are the only issues for me. but neither can be helped.