somethings wrong with it

I don't use my laptop much anymore, neither does my mom. But when we have gone to use it, it wouldn't turn on unless we plugged in the charging cord. Even though we've never let it get down to 0% power. And now, I've been on it for about half an hour, with it charging, and the power has stayed reading 0%. Has this ever happened to any of your laptops?
• Lenox, Georgia
I have had that happen before and soon after we had to replace the battery. Sorry you are having problems with it.
ugh, I really hope I don't have to do that. hope it fixes itself very soon
• Lenox, Georgia
@Courtlynn If it's not the battery it could be the power charging cord. It could have enough power to keep it barely juiced up, but not giving it enough to run on it's own.
@LovingMyBabies those are my only two guesses on what it is.
My problems like you describe were always with the power cord.
hmm. maybe its that then.. but then, why would it turn on if its plugged in if its the cord? idk
@Courtlynn Well, my power cord had a place where it came apart a bit. It worked off and on. I did not know where the cord was damaged but the fellow at Best Buy pointed out the spot.
@JustBhem (56143)
• Davao, Philippines
That’s my laptop now. I cannot use it without plugging it. And I think the battery is already ruined.
sorry to hear, :(
@JustBhem (56143)
• Davao, Philippines
@Courtlynn Yes, buying a battery is to costly herr so I have it always plug in.
I'm sorry that's happening. Is it an older laptop? No, I haven't had that happen.
no. its only like 3 years old. got it new.
@Courtlynn I hope you can find what's wrong with it.
@CarolDM (32754)
Yes and I had to get a new battery.
ok, thanks
My husband's laptop is newer then mine is. It is also a different brand then mine is. His battery will not hold a charge for very long. So, he keeps it plugged in at all times and uses it that way. He has an HP, and I have a Lenovo. I feel that mine is superior to his in many ways, except that it was lower in price. In Ontario they use the Lenovo brand in the schools, in the government offices, and large corporations, so I have a feeling that says a lot. I hope that my information helps you some.
@Courtlynn Have you goggled this issue at all?
@Juliaacv not yet. figured someone here could help me out more than it. least I know myself that its either the battery or cord.
@Courtlynn My check engine light came on yesterday just after driving for over an hour and then shutting it off. I stopped at the mechanic's place on my way home, and he cleared the code, but I went online to check for another opinion on it. I'm glad that I did.
@wolfgirl569 (18109)
• Marion, Ohio
It probably needs a new battery.
my only thoughts was that or the charging cord.
@infatuatedbby (101103)
I had this happen with a Sony laptop back in the days. It was the battery and it cost so much that I just left it with the cord charger instead.
Oh no Have you figured out the problem yet? I don't have much experience with laptops as I have always owned desktops.
• Rupert, Idaho
That is very strange ....not sure why that would happen. I don't think it has ever happened to me.