Easy Busy Day

@wolfgirl569 (17974)
Marion, Ohio
I stayed busy today. But none of it was hard. Hubby tilled the garden this morning. While he did that I got the dishes washed. When he got back in we turned netflix on and started watching Longmire. I did 2 loads of laundry while this was on. I also got the dining room table cleared off. That poor thing is a catch all. The laundry got hung outside to dry. It smelled soooo good when I brought it in. I found a better spot to keep the blankets. The dogs were making beds out of them where I had them at. Then I would have to wash them again. Now they cant do that. One load of laundry was mostly blankets this time. When I figured out where to put them I got the laundry put away. Dinner was steaks cooking in the slow cooker. They turned out very well. After dinner I made hubby some no bake cookies. I did have a couple of them too. Chores went well. I got to laugh at silly Billy. Somehow he got into a stall that was shut. One that I have not goat proofed yet. But then he couldnt figure out how to get back out of it. So when I fed he was yelling at me. It was his fault not mine. Hope you had a good day too. At least you didnt have to set a goofy goat free.
You make those chocolate oatmeal cookies?
@wolfgirl569 (17974)
• Marion, Ohio
Yep. Better for the diet than most cookies. And satisfies my chocolate craving too.
@sallypup (31682)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@wolfgirl569 I must have been almost 20 when I realized that chocolate chip cookies did not always have oats in them. My Mom put oatmeal in anything from cookies to meatloaf.
@wolfgirl569 Ya know what is weird? I have been thinking about those cookies for days! I just keep saying no Angie, its got sugar in them..... Now I really want them bad!
That kind of day sounds like a treasure. I've seen a few episodes of Longmire and enjoyed it. I thought Netflix had taken it off. I'm glad it's back. Silly goat.
@wolfgirl569 (17974)
• Marion, Ohio
Yes its still there. Billy is a big goof.
@wolfgirl569 Good to know it's still there. He must give you lots of laughs.
@wolfgirl569 (17974)
• Marion, Ohio
@just4him He does. Glad I did not put him down when he broke his leg.
Glad to hear that Billy still has spunk!
@wolfgirl569 (17974)
• Marion, Ohio
He loves warm weather. I did notice a limp on the real cold days last winter on the leg he broke. That kept him calmer then.
@wolfgirl569 What's not to like about warm weather? The poor baby. Hopefully he will be fine by next winter.
@wolfgirl569 (17974)
• Marion, Ohio
@DianneN The humidity is high is all I dont like. But I will take that over the cold.
@valmnz (15520)
• New Zealand
your goofy goat is fun to read about
@wolfgirl569 (17974)
• Marion, Ohio
He is always thinking up something new.
@valmnz (15520)
• New Zealand
@wolfgirl569 maybe he and my goofy cat Charlie should meet
@wolfgirl569 (17974)
• Marion, Ohio
@valmnz He likes cats and dogs. Got very used to them while he was in the house.
Our table is often covered with papers however we might try to keep the paperwork organised.
@wolfgirl569 (17974)
• Marion, Ohio
Most was organized right into the trash
@wolfgirl569 I try to deal with mail as it arrives but it doesn't always work out. :)
@wolfgirl569 (17974)
• Marion, Ohio
@JudyEv It is an easy place to drop stuff as we come into the house. Most things get moved as we go. But some like the free paper sometimes just ends up staying there.
@kareng (13670)
You had a busy day. I'm glad you solved the blankie problem with the dogs. We are fixing to move the german shepherd to the kennel on the back porch. Rain on the way
@wolfgirl569 (17974)
• Marion, Ohio
It was nice to have a slow easy one with no running either.
@kareng (13670)
@wolfgirl569 Yes, I agree.
Oh my poor Billy, animals are so funny. Also the dogs loved the smell of your laundry.
@wolfgirl569 (17974)
• Marion, Ohio
Yes Billy keeps me laughing. We have concrete floors so the dogs like to lay on something. I have bean bags for them but they still steal blankets if they can.
@wolfgirl569 I have noticed that also the cats of my neighbors want to come inside and lay on the tiles of the floor. They do the same in winter, we have floor heating.
@sallypup (31682)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'm glad you had such a grand day. Sometimes I wish we had a tiller here instead of shovels and pickaxes and hoes. My hubby and I picked another quart of raspberries tonight. Peaceful and good.
@wolfgirl569 (17974)
• Marion, Ohio
It makes garden work a lot easier.
@sallypup (31682)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@wolfgirl569 I'd have to hire someone if I wanted the garden tilled. Very expensive plus there are a fair number of boulders in the garden. Hubby has pried some out but some are too large to mess with. So we continue on with hand tools.
@CarolDM (32493)
Love those cookies. My mother always made them. Goofy goats have to be so entertaining.
@wolfgirl569 (17974)
• Marion, Ohio
Goats are never boring. You need a couple. Just keep them away from your rose bushes.
I have to laugh at your Billy stories. Having animals is a hoot
@wolfgirl569 (17974)
• Marion, Ohio
For you. No fun for me when I open the door and he isnt meeting me. Until I know what he has got into next
• Rupert, Idaho
Glad it was a good day, and that the busy stuff was not too hard! Never tried steaks in the slow cooker.
@wolfgirl569 (17974)
• Marion, Ohio
They are good and tender.
Those goofy goats make you smile.
@wolfgirl569 (17974)
• Marion, Ohio
That they do. You knew he would have to do something soon.
@LindaOHio (6695)
Awww, you love that old goofy goat!
@wolfgirl569 (17974)
• Marion, Ohio
Yes I do. He is always amusing. Poor guy missed out on the weeds I threw to them this evening because of that. He might get some of them in the morning. Still a small pile left.
@sophie09 (7829)
have a good busy day! enjoy