Making the Most of an Opportunity

Belews Creek, North Carolina
My husband’s job schedule tends to be unpredictable at best. He is a maintenance technician which means he is subject to be called in to solve problems at all hours of the day and night. His current responsibilities require him to oversee one of his company’s facilities about a hundred or so miles (160 km) north of where we live. He expects to be away from home a lot over the next few months as his company pushes to get a couple of major projects completed. Fortunately, the facility is located just off of the Blue Ridge Parkway within easy reach of beautiful vistas and challenging mountain hikes. Yesterday afternoon, I abandoned my children and went to spend the afternoon and evening with him. The weather wasn’t the most cooperative but we did get a chance to enjoy some of the parkway. I suspect I’ll be spending a lot of time in that area over the next several months! The photo shows a hazy view of the city of Roanoke, Virginia in the distance.
• Lenox, Georgia
Have always wanted to go-enjoy your time there! =)
• Belews Creek, North Carolina
It was just a quick visit. I drove back home this morning. But, I'll be back in the weeks to come.
@UncleJoe (14115)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
My father made the original neon for the star.
• Belews Creek, North Carolina
Thanks for sharing that tidbit! I'm impressed!
No matter the haze, this is a beautiful view. Enjoy your time in this beautiful area.
• Belews Creek, North Carolina
I only got to spend a few hours on Thursday evening...but I expect to be back again at some point during this upcoming week. I'm hoping my son will be done tuning up my bicycle so I can do some riding!
@SophiaMorros This is the nice season to use a bicycle, I hope you can get your working soon.
@Gillygirl (32878)
• Sutton, England
It may be hazy but the view looks beautiful
• Belews Creek, North Carolina
It was beautiful and very peaceful. We saw very few other folks out and about along the parkway.
@Gillygirl (32878)
• Sutton, England
@SophiaMorros Glad you enjoyed your time there
@xFiacre (7860)
@sophiamorros You’ll have to keep sending him away to cool places that you want to visit.
• Belews Creek, North Carolina
Unfortunately there are limits to where his employer will pay him to go.
The job of your husband is awesome.
2h
@SophiaMorros I like the view so came in to take a look here at your post. Does he have to have a beeper or a pager that goes off when he is needed? I love the view in the photo you put here.
• Belews Creek, North Carolina
2h
He has a work phone that he is required to keep close whenever he is on call.
1h
@porwest (15961)
One of these days I actually want to take my wife on one of my business trips. She actually wants to go. But it is hard to coordinate with both of us working. And it would not necessarily be a "fun" trip. Either way. Great you got to spend a little extra time with the hubby.
@sophie09 (8485)
i love the view! it must be nice to spend quality time with your loved one :)
Hopefully you'll have a bit more time for such outings now that the home-schooling is finished.
Its a beautiful photo, enjoy your time there.
That is a lovely view you shared with us! So glad you will return to that area.
@moonandstars (19184)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
It's a great view and a perfect place for some solitude