High water bill, no more- discovered the secret

This is a very nice beach resort
@cacay1 (45354)
Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I am so happy to tell you that I no longer have heartaches paying the water bill. For two years now, the bill reached too high that was not the usual. Then no matter how much the amount would it be reflected in the bill, we are obliged to pay, or else suffer the consequence. For three months now, my heart is delighted once go to Water District to pay home's water consumption. I am responsible for the payment and do this for many years now. To make the excitement short for you, I pay the bill end of the month . I am not anymore following or waiting for the bill to reach home. I always pay almost 1, 600 ( more or less in dollar $ 35) every month. I asked for the water billing for a month that day and noticed the reduction; instead of paying 1, 600, I was charged only 850 pesos . After that I always pay end of the same month or first day of the next month. I shared it to my Math professor friend, he told me that he did the same and the reason why it gets lesser is... after the first day of the month strikes, there is 3% charge of the bill. Try it and discover to have a CHANGE of feeling. We would also do this to our electric bill, not to wait anymore for the reading. Thanks for reading. I hope you are delighted. Image credit to AFAR
@sunrisefan (24449)
P850 is still high. How many are you in the house? Do you have a big garden/lawn to use water on?
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@sunrisefan, there are 8 of us living at home. We also have garden that requires water every afternoon and morning. The laundry lady washes clothes trice a week so big bundles and more.
@sunrisefan (24449)
@cacay1 So no wonder your water bill is that much.
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@sunrisefan maybe, but when I interviewed my co teachers they also have the same observation Water District increased the bills.
I hope someone can explain this better because once I read electric bill I want to try it. I am lost here.
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@sharon6345, what I mean is, I pay direct to the office of Water District despite having not received the billing rate. Instead of paying on the date issued by the water district, I pay before its issuance usually second week of the next month. I pay end of the same month like month of August, I have to pay August 30 or September 1.
@cacay1 oh I guess it would also depend on your billing cycle. I pay my light bill on the 3rd of every month but I know its due much later.
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@sharon6345 oh, I see you pay every quarterly, your bill surely accumulates. Try to pay earlier and observe, who knows.
@birjudanak (8103)
its a huge bill and i am really feeling lucky that we have not to pay a charge for water but soon we also have water meter because of a shortage of water/
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@birjudanak, our water here is sold no free, if there is free, but water is no drinkable. We also buy mineral water for fear that water in the faucet is not anymore safe despite we smell the chlorine. I am not sold out of a chlorine mixed in a drinking water that flows in the faucet in every households.
@cacay1 i know in other country were water meter as i seen in Dubai and that is why said we luck that we have pure free water. Soon there is also charges for fresh breath.
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@birjudanak I like to have free water anywhere. No water, no living things and no living humans.
@Nakitakona (11561)
Just this morning, I paid our July water bill and it is far below the minimum. We consumed 8 cubic centimeter. I paid only Php127.50.
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Nakitakona, ours high because there are 8 of us living in the house. There are three kids and the laundry woman washes clothes three times a week so plentiful. People at home also take a bath two times a day, me sometimes if at home, take a bath trice a day.There are also plants my sister waters everyday, cleaning everyday bathrooms , ( three bathrooms) and floors. I do not complain about paying for water is a necessity, whereas, internet bill at home 1, 800 a month but many times no internet and many times PARASAT CABLE better water many uses and purposes and pay is lesser than internet.
@Nakitakona (11561)
@cacay1 I don't question that. I am just showing our own water bill paid. I am not discussing or inquiring you why your water bill is high. Don't worry about it.
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Nakitakona I envy you, but in some years the water bill was so small at 345, maybe there is big increase after Train Law was implemented.
Well a 3% charge does not justify the difference. You should try to understand why you paid so much.
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@LadyDuck, yes big and that was before for many years, no knowledge , but this time, I won't anymore suffer.
@cacay1 May be there was a mistake or the price of water dropped.
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@LadyDuck , there was no mistake, after the end of the month 3 % charge starts to count starting day 1 up to the due date issued. That is why there is due date and that is every second week of the next month. For three successive months, I no longer waited for water bill to be delivered at home, I pay direct to the office of Water District.
glad ya got 't figured. sadly such doesn't matter here where i reside'n the u.s.
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@crazyhorseladycx, I understand, you just pay your bill through your credit card when received the bill unlike in my location, we can pay only in cash as mandate of the water District.
@cacay1 no ma'am, i don't pay bills with a credit card. i send 'em a check'n the mail.
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@crazyhorseladycx , Oh, I see, every country has its own style of paying the bills.
@porwest (17652)
You could also avoid showers, flush the toilet less...but I think avoiding the 3% charge is sufficient enough. Good you figured that out. Saving money is a must.
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@porwest, hehehe me and people at home can't avoid using the toilet and the showers hehehe.
@porwest (17652)
@cacay1 It would probably get pretty stinky. lol
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@porwest yes, true, it is so hot here and the children like to swim in the mini pool at home for kids. That pool consumes barrels of water.
@hereandthere (38121)
your 1,600 water bill is already the electric bill of some people here. that's too big. this month, our water bill increased, however it's because our headcount increased, too. when it decreases next month, i'm sure the bill will decrease, too. otherwise, it's usually around 600 a month. why do they impose a 3% charge?
@cacay1 maybe there's something wrong with your water meter? how about your neighbors? are their water bills also that high?
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@hereandthere my neighbors water bill are higher than ours at home. My cousin next to our house pays almost 2,550 water bill a month. Others less others high. It depends on the usage. We consume much these months because it is so hot and the kids at home like to swim in the mini pool at home once week during weekend.
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@hereandthere Our water is always running in the swimming pool at home.
I’m so happy you found a way to save on your bills. Every penny counts!
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@DianneN, so true, water is so important but paying the bill with so impossible charge or cost also hurts. That was only a circumstance finding the way to pay less and that is to pay direct to water district though no water bill yet.
@cacay1 We have our own well.
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@DianneN we also had in the past, but during the killer storm our well was destroyed covered with plentiful mud, so we better do not restore it, useless for there is always storm in Ph almost 21 storms to visit every year.
@Nevena83 (31622)
• Serbia
I'm glad you pay your bills now.
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Nevena83 , yes so thankful to myself. I always pay on time but for three successive months I pay direct to water district though no water billing yet to avoid 3% charge that takes effect day 1 of the next month up to the due date.
@Nevena83 (31622)
• Serbia
@cacay1 I hate bills.
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Nevena83 hehehehe me too but no choice or else no current and water hehehe.
That's great you found a way to save on your bills.
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@just4him, yes my friend and felt so delighted about this bill getting lower. I thanked the Lord.
@cacay1 That's great you did.
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@just4him , it was just try and error hehehe and proven the try great.
@xstitcher (14951)
• Petaluma, California
Reduction in a bill is certainly good. :)
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@xstitcher , yes so true, and I had that time sweet smile on my lips hehehehe. That was a circumstantial discovery.
How wonderful you discovered this and can save money.
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Tampa_girl7, yes and that was a coincidence. Then after series of three months paying direct to Water District without billing yet, I realized the payment is less. I am happy for this.
@Rohithee (448)
In my city paying 30 rupees for per month of water bill
@cacay1 (45354)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Rohithee, how much is that amount equivalent to US dollar?