When You Are Looking

When I am looking for a movie to watch to pass some time, quite often I will stop by here. There are usually a few posts indicating a few good movies to catch. This is my version of one of 'those' posts. I am watching a movie called The Wild Pony. Its an older movie, set in the pioneer days, but is a good show if you have a love of animals and family-and the bonds that various members develop and share with their animals and with each other. I'm enjoying it right now. What are your favorite kinds of movies to tune into?
To save her ranch after the accidental death of her husband, Sarah Fellows (Marilyn Lightstone) marries Frank Chase, the man responsible for the mishap. She ...
@Gillygirl (35923)
• Sutton, England
Thanks for the heads up. I will watch this film
Thank you for the suggestion You always suggest me good discussion You are helping me alot
You're welcome, I like simple older movies such as this.
@Gillygirl (35923)
• Sutton, England
@Juliaacv Yes, they are good
My favorite movies are the "films noirs". I have watched one yesterday evening (made in 1951 - recent ), the title "Lightning Strikes Twice". There is drama, romance and mystery but no violence or bad talking in those movies.
I just looked that movie up, it does look like a good show.
@Juliaacv I liked the movie a lot, those old movies were so much better.
I have not seen this Canadian movie from the 80s.
@Bensen32 (5796)
Never heard of this movie. My favorite is probably action movies but I like true stories too. I did watch Taxi Driver this weekend. I had seen it before but thought I would watch it again. It's still good all these years later.
I will have to try to find that one to see. Next weekend we plan on staying in, or so my husband tells me anyways.
@Bensen32 (5796)
@Juliaacv It came out in like 1974, it is on Netflix now if you have that.
@Bensen32 We don't have Netflix, we have the Bell Fibe app, and we get movie channels from the '70's, '80's, '90's, and '00's and I found it on there. Our Bell app offers us so many viewing options, it works well for us, which is good because we never really got into the Netflix lineup, we did like crave, but that is included in our app.
I use Tubitv and pluto for free tv, and I subscribe to pureflix, so that gives me three sites to look for a movie. I have seen some interesting ones, I will have to see if one of these sites is playing The Wild Pony, it sounds like a movie I would like.
We stream an awful lot of shows here too. Our laws regarding streaming greatly differ from those of the US from what I am told.
@Juliaacv Oh, really? Well, this movie is not on any of the sites I have and when I went to YouTube, the only one with a full episode is in Spanish.
@Carmelanirel2 You are actually the second person that has told me that they wanted to look it up but were unsuccessful. I am sorry, I didn't mean to open a can of worms or frustrate anyone-I really had no idea that it would be so difficult to find online.
I use to post good movies on here but no 1 ever wants to take time to watch them so I stopped posting ALL videos I find on you tube, cause it takes my time up too.
No, I do not post about all of the movies that I watch, I don't have the time for that, and nobody is interested. I only post about ones that stand out in my mind as good or great movies that someone else might like to tune in on.
@Juliaacv that's the same thing I did to just the 1's that would be interesting to watch.
@hardtimes1958 There is a member who puts up posts that a lot of us will respond to, and I usually go thru that when I'm looking for something to watch.
I like My Dog Skip. I mostly like comedy. I have read books that people mentioned here
I bought the video My Dog Skip for our son for Christmas one year, from his dog, Nayla, but I have never heard of My Dog Slip. And the movie that I got our son was definitely not a comedy, it was sad.
@Juliaacv Typo No, it is not a comedy. A favourite of mine though I mainly like comedy.
• Barquisimeto, Venezuela
Mine are those of detective plot, where there is a lot of suspense and one always tries to solve the cases or before or at the same time as the protagonists. LOL
My husband likes those kinds of movies also.
• Barquisimeto, Venezuela
@Juliaacv It's good to Know it. We are two now. LOL
@arunima25 (23892)
• Bangalore, India
Good that you found something good to watch. Mylot is definitely a place to find out so many interesting things from movies to recipes and much more.
It is isn't it? I like the fact that we can log on and get some valued suggestions.
@arunima25 (23892)
• Bangalore, India
@Juliaacv Yes Indeed. I totally agree!
Don't laugh.. but usually scary stuff. Right now, I am watching Lizzie Borden on Netflix. (Although she was acquitted) I think there is no real doubt she was guilty. A psychopath for sure.
No, I am not laughing. There was a day when I liked Robin Cook's books, and those are strange.
@Juliaacv Yeah, I read several of those too. They are pretty good.
It looks like a good movie. Where did you find it? I haven't seen that one listed on Netflix.
We don't use Netflix, we use the Bell app, and it was on a channel on there. I don't know if you can stream it from another source or not. Maybe I opened up a can of worms for you-I'm sorry.
16h
@Juliaacv I've never heard of the Bell app. I'll look it up and see what it is.
@JustBhem (59874)
• Davao, Philippines
Is this a Family movie?
Yes, it could be considered to be a family movie.
@JustBhem (59874)
• Davao, Philippines
@Juliaacv I see. Thanks for sharing this.
@bunnybon7 (41829)
• Holiday, Florida
I seldom watch movies these days. I have so many series I love and follow. But when I do, I watch comedy usually with some star I like in it.
We can never go wrong with a comedy can we?
@bunnybon7 (41829)
• Holiday, Florida
@Juliaacv nope. Last movie was "The spy who dumped me" with those girls from saturday night live in it.
I pretty much enjoy any movie but just not a fan of sci-fi
No, I cannot do sci-fi either, and I don't like scary or movies with a lot of blood or violence in them. And war shows turn me off, actually I have quite a list it seems.
@Juliaacv we're on the same page. Now that you mention blood/violence/war etc I'm not fond of them either. I used to enjoy scary movies when I was young but not anymore.
Thanks for the recommendation.
You're welcome, if and when you get a chance you might like it.
@Juliaacv I think that I will.
@Starkinds (8132)
It's a good one. Thanks.
Have you seen it?
@Starkinds (8132)
@LowRiderX (11451)
• Serbia
17h
I didn't watch this movie, thanks, I know what I'm going to watch next time
17h
I thought it was a nice relaxing and good wholesome show.
Thank you for the link I will check into it. I have not heard about this before.
You're welcome. I keep the television on in the mornings when I am getting ready for work, and that particular day I had a later start, so I lucked out finding that movie. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did.
I don't watch many movies, I would rather watch a documentary especially a historical one.
I have the television on when I am getting ready to go into work, and saw this one and actually sat and down and enjoyed it. That's never happened before, usually I only watch movies with my husband.
• Austin, Texas
I like watching old movies but I like watching old TV shows better. I manage to find quite a few on YouTube. Like Charlie Chan and Sherlock Holmes.
We watch some shows on youtube also.