Called my fiance on my lunch break

He wasn't very talkative and is really feeling down. He said he feels like such a loser and that he is letting me down. I don't feel that way at all. We have had more then our share of struggles in our time together but we always get through them. This is just another bump in the road that we will get over together. I think after a few days he will be able to refocus and get out there again looking for a job. I know sometimes it can be hard to get back up when you have been knocked down so many times. I keep trying to look at the positive side of things. I mean he was working 12 midnight until 8 in the morning which was a terrible shift. I would stay up until he left for work at 11:15 and have to get up in the morning at 5:30 so I wasn't getting near enough sleep for a long time. He had no life working night shift. He worked and slept and that was pretty much it. We didn't see a whole lot of each other. He didn't like the shift but he did love the job and liked most of the people that he worked with. In the time that he was with this company, they let many people go with little or no warning. The woman who hired him was let go a couple of months ago after being there for almost 20 years. There was a lot of backstabbing going on. I am sure in time he will find a job that works better for us. Things will be tight for a while but I do make enough money to keep things afloat until he does find another job. We've done it before and we will do it again. My heart hurts for him and I wish there was something I could say to make him feel better but I know it all takes times. Nobody likes to lose their job. Brighter days are ahead for us.
I have been in his unemployment shoes and it's tough.
Yes it sure is. I am lucky so far I have never had that problem but you just never know when things will change. It happens quickly.
I agree you two will make it!
Thank you
@Gillygirl (35923)
• Sutton, England
I am sure you will both work it out. My hubby lost his job a few years ago and was out for months. He found something and hasn't looked back
That is so good to hear.
@Gillygirl (35923)
• Sutton, England
@Happy2BeMe I truly hope something positive will come out of this
@Gillygirl thank you I do hope so too. I've been doing a lot of crying even though I know it doesnt help things. Of course not when I am around him because he already feels bad enough.
I am so sorry, I understand that now he feels down, but I am sure he can find a better job, with less stressful time shifts.
thanks I am sure everything will work out in the end.
@Happy2BeMe I am sure too, take care and try not to stress too much.
@LadyDuck I will do my best not to
@MNRFOLEY (404)
Things happen for a reason, I think when one door closes another door of opportunity will open. I guess in a way, him losing his job is a blessing because it gives both of you more time to spend with each other and reconnect.
Yes that is true..the is always a positive side to things.
@MNRFOLEY (404)
@Happy2BeMe make the most of your time with him and comfort each other x
@MNRFOLEY We will.
When the economy tanked here under the last administration, our son was laid off so many times. It was heartbreaking to witness that. It does take time to find a new job, and I am sure a good one will be coming your fiancé's way soon.
Thank you. I sure hope so. O hope you son is doing well now.
@Happy2BeMe Yes, he is doing very well. Thank you for your kind wishes. Unemployment rate here is now 3.7% and that is far better than before.
@Corbin5 That is good to hear.
@moonandstars (20872)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Yes, some good days must be ahead of you. Don't give up.
thanks..things are already starting to look up;
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
20h
@Happy2BeMe That's good!
He needs to grieve the loss of this job. And it sounds like you are being super supportive thru it, what more could anyone ask for? I know.....another job. Maybe some night after work you could take a bit of time and work on his resume together and he can get active with doing a job search. That might help pass the time while he waits for his EI. When my husband's factory closed after him working there for almost 30 years, they knew it was coming, and he thought that he would be alright, but during that last shift, a friend, the production manager, asked everyone to sign a foam pad (they made seats for cars) and then people started reminiscing and the crying began. When he got home his head looked like it was swollen from crying so much during the day. And I understood that and just tried to be supportive, not just that day but in the days, weeks and months which followed.
Thank you. It helps to talk to somebody who understands. I love him with all my heart and I will be there him through thick and thin. I know in time he will find something else.
@db20747 (22147)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Maybe he could start a business at things he's good at!! Go on fiver and someone can help him come up with businesses he would be good at for five dollars!! A good investment!!
Wow that sounds interesting. I never thought of that.
@HazySue (31243)
The hubby and I have been through times like that before. It is what it is. It sounds like you are handling it well. Hope he relaxes and stops feeling that way.
Thank you. He will bounce back. Just needs a few days.
• Peoria, Arizona
Life throws the most unexpected things at us, if it didn't then it wouldn't be a life worth living. He just needs to get out those emotions, let him get his head on straight and then focus on what is more important. Best of luck!
Thank you. That is great advice.
@dodo19 (37225)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's definitely not always easy, but I'm sure you guys will make it work.
Thank you
That is great that you can keep everything afloat for a while. You are a great support to him. Take care.
Thank you.
I hope he is in a better frame of mind soon
Thanks I am sure he will be.
Something better will come along.
Thank you
@CarolDM (36437)
Life throws us curveballs, you sound very strong and I feel things will get better soon.
Thank you. I always try to be positive.
@Ladanger (8997)
We have to hold that person down when things get rough. That is good that you are supportive.
Thank you