Scammers

By Luis
@LuisVp (227)
Arizona City, Arizona
I have been getting many calls lately from scammers trying to scam me they are always saying things like "HELLO THIS IS A REMINDER THAT YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER HAS BEEN SUSPENDED" or trying to trick me into giving them money for charity I mean do these people know its not ok do to that?? This is hard earn money i will only give to actual real charities not to scammers. They had me going crazy once thinking my social security number had been suspended had me calling up the social security number asking them what was going on. But thankfully they said everything was good Two of my bank accounts were closed and shut down due to scammers trying to use my account to get money out under my name how about you how do you feel or even deal with scammers?? Do you just hangup on them??
I hang up. And in a hurry.
@LuisVp (227)
• Arizona City, Arizona
I do too.
@LuisVp. Some people say that if you don´t hang up immediately, they can learn things from you. I don´t know. Like where do you live and the like.
@LuisVp (227)
• Arizona City, Arizona
@marguicha they use some kind of device to steal personal information.
@Ladanger (9051)
On my phone it shows as "potential scam" when i get calls from random numbers.
@LuisVp (227)
• Arizona City, Arizona
Mine used to do that too when i had an app that actually blocked them and it told me the caller might be a scammer but i think the app had a 30 day free trial after i had to pay its been a while I'll have to check it out again.
@Ladanger (9051)
@LuisVp those calls are so annoying foreal. Trying to tell me i owe money to things etc.
@LuisVp (227)
• Arizona City, Arizona
@Ladanger yes they are annoying and if you arent careful they will tell you the irs has filled a complaint against you and that will ruin your day if you dont find out first if its a scam.
@nomus24g (28992)
is there a possibility of changing your number?
@LuisVp (227)
• Arizona City, Arizona
Yes you just have to go to where you bought your phone and tell them that you want to change it.
@nomus24g (28992)
@LuisVp hmmm...I see
We do get phone calls from scammers. I just let all those calls go to the answering machine. I do look up the phone numbers online to confirm scamming.
@LuisVp (227)
• Arizona City, Arizona
I had an app that blocked all scammin calls.
@LuisVp That sounds like a good app to have.
• Bridgton, Maine
Yes, I just hang up on scammers who call me. I think a lot of scammers have Anti-Social Personality Disorder, which means they never feel guilty over scamming innocent victims.
@LuisVp (227)
• Arizona City, Arizona
Well first of all thats called being an introvert and second of all its not a disorder thats just how we like to live.
@Ladanger (9051)
@LuisVp that's a Fact!!
That is unfortunate. I hope those people get what they deserve (like going to jail). I am sure some people out there fall for these scams.
@LuisVp (227)
• Arizona City, Arizona
I did twice and my bank was shut down.
@melissa1024 (2446)
• Beckley, West Virginia
I get those calls all the time, they drive me nuts. I just hang up on them as quick as I can.
@Starkinds (8748)
They are internet robbers.
@lovebuglena (12023)
• Staten Island, New York
There are a lot of phone and email scammers these days. If you get a call or email that there is something wrong with your SSN or there is a "warrant for your arrest" in relation to the IRS or that you have to go to your local 7 Eleven and purchase gift cards it is clearly a scam. Unfortunately, there are people that fall for it.
@LuisVp (227)
• Arizona City, Arizona
Yes sadly alot of people fall for the scams.
@lovebuglena (12023)
• Staten Island, New York
@LuisVp I almost did once.
I've never got such a call. Many years ago there were calls offering me good business bargains. I remember that once I was invited to buy shares for grain at the New York stock market. Over the telephone! How silly must one be to do that? But there must be silly people who do just that. If there weren't, there wouldn't be such calls.
@LuisVp (227)
• Arizona City, Arizona
There are apps that prevent scammers from calling the app blocks their number.
@cperry2 (2050)
It is a scam. No question. I attended a program in town about the current crop of scams going on, this is one of them. Social Security will never call you with a statement like that. That is not how they do things. Not to mention that your SSN is yours permanently. If there is an issue with it, you will receive an official letter from the Social Security Administration. If you have had it for more than a few months, the likely hood of any kind of problem with it is so small as to be nearly impossible.
There's fraud call detection
@MNRFOLEY (410)
I get a lot of them on my landline as well as mobile. my rule is If it is a private number or an unfamiliar number they can always leave a message on the voicemailbox. I don't answer private/silent numbers and unfamiliar numbers, And I also look the numbers up on reverse phone look up to know if it is a scam number.
@Rohithee (448)
I was also loss to scammers 400 for online data entry job
• Suzhou, China
In my opinion our personal information has no longer been private. Most of scammers bought the information about us from various sources, then call you and try to trick you.
We get those too. And even where I work, we get those.