Monday Work And I Got My Calories

Anniston, Alabama
Around 5 pm I went outside, still hot and still in part sun but I needed the extra time before dark. I did get the posts in the ground, all alone, just little old me. How? I dug the holes a few days ago. Today I drove the truck down to the awaiting holes, opened the tailgate and slide each post off only helping at the end to lay them onto the ground. I rolled each to its hole, slide it to the edge, went to the other end and walked it up, I never lifted it at all. How about that 80 pound bag of cement mix? I drove the car down to the awaiting posts. I stopped just barely past the posts, opened the trunk and slide it to the edge and allowed it to flip out and on the ground. I used the shovel to cut a hole in the top of the bag and then I did it backwoods style, a little cement and a little water all the way to the tops of both, using the level to make sure they were straight. I had a little cement mix left so I poured it around the top of the ground around each post and spread it a little, all around the post. See! That was not hard at all. I had time to walk 10 laps = 40 city blocks. I got my calories in for the day. Breakfast - cottage cheese and peaches = 200 Lunch - Hot pocket - 300 Dinner - Spaghetti with meatballs and garlic bread = 720 Total 1220 How was your afternoon?
I did not count my calories, but I just know early in the day it was skimpy. I made a decent meal this evening, but it was likely high in fat and sodium. I just have been kept busy running around lately. Breakfast was just raisin bran and I use whole, dairy milk. Lunch--hubby had made us each a pbj. and we each ate a clementine. We are taking this "not eating out" very seriously. We had to leave town at noon, so it was a sandwich day. Tonight I microwaved us each a potato. We topped it with canned chili, shredded cheddar, chopped onions and sour cream. Veggie was peas and carrots. Dessert was the last of the bread pudding, topped with a scoop of ice cream. Very filling.
Oh that dinner sounds like my kind of meal!
@Deepizzaguy (20738)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I had a pretty good afternoon speaking to my social security agent to see if I am able to keep my disability benefits. He said I still can keep them for now.
Its good you get help but bad you need the help.
@Deepizzaguy (20738)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@andriaperry I have some disabilities like depression and anxiety as well as physical illness that requires a care of a heart doctor.
@Avijit100 (1516)
That's a nice way to monitor the calorie intake during the day, I think more people should get used to this to better ensure their calorie intake and burnt if possible.
If we are to stay fit.
I need to make spaghetti with meatballs. I have not made any in awhile. You did good with your calorie count.
Its been a ling time here too.
@DocAndersen (6665)
that is a great idea to use gravity as your friend!
I think most people with common sense does this.
@andriaperry ah but you added the common sense requirement :-)
@DocAndersen LOL, I did.
You've been a busy lady.
Yep! I wanted to egt the gate up this past weekend but didnt so I am catching up.
@andriaperry When you are not a big muscular guy you have to figure out how to do the hard and heavy work with your brain.
@GardenGerty And I am good at it..
@oahuwriter (8532)
Wow, all by yourself you did such hard work! Got it all done too...congratulations! My day is going well. Going shopping soon. My day will finish early for not much surveys at surveyjunkie.com today.
Thank you. I am glad your day was good and have fun shopping.
@whitecollarman Thanks pal! Me too. Yesterday there was so little, but got to keep trying.
@andriaperry It was okay shopping. Tomorrow I'll go my podiatrist and go shopping, pick up my meds and hope to have time to mylot too. The library I like is open till 8PM so I'll see. The bus takes time to travel with so I'll see how it goes on Wed. Have you finished you getting all your fencing done?
@kareng (16154)
I took it easy since I pulled a muscle in my back. You got a lot done.
Oh yeah, no work for you.
@kareng (16154)
• Rupert, Idaho
Sounds like a good way to get that done! And great calories!
Thank you, thank you very much!
• Rupert, Idaho
@andriaperry Well it is my pleasure :)
Do you ever sleep lol?
I was in bed at 2 am and got up at 11 am this morning.
@whitecollarman I was vegging while watching chopped.
@RubyHawk (35109)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Sounds like a job well done. You got it made in the shade. Congratulations on your diet.
Thank you!
@RubyHawk (35109)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@ilocosboy (43395)
What is your project? Well, like you I'm also burning some calories by do-it-yourself our pig pen. They are getting crowded and making another cell is a must.
Putting up a gate at the end of the driveway. I also made the gate.
@ilocosboy (43395)
That is supposed to be the work of men, you're cool, you did it.
@wolfgirl569 (19939)
• Marion, Ohio
Yours was a lot busier than mine. The neighbor man needs to take lessons from us. He was lifting railroad ties to put them in as fence posts yesterday. I walk a lot of things up into place. Its a lot easier on the back.
Showing off for you! Yes it is, that is why I learned because I have a bad back.
@wolfgirl569 (19939)
• Marion, Ohio
@andriaperry I wasnt there at the time. We walked over and he had them all in. Was complaining about one going in crooked. I have some fence panels that are about 7 foot tall. That is the only way I can do those by myself when I have moved them. I pull them into place as much as I can with the lawn mower.
You work hard.
I do but this is not as hard as you think.
You certainly found a way to get those posts in the ground without killing yourself. Yum to the spaghetti and meatballs....one of my favorite meals.
Shhh, that is the secret, use the brains and not all the back.
@LindaOHio (8499)
I didn't install fence posts; but I did go get my shingles shot and do some food shopping. lol
A busy day for you!
@sallypup (32111)
• Moses Lake, Washington
The guy that we hired to make a cement pad for our outdoor stove sure made a big ritual out of making cement. So much water and no more. The pad turned out really nice.
I did the same, not to dry and not to thin, mushy is what you go for.
I think I can pop those posts in myself now. I’m a quick learner. I had a crazy busy, but wonderful afternoon.
Yes you can!
@yanzalong (15131)
It was good. Thank for asking.
That is good to hear, you`re welcome.