Babies Are Here!

@flapiz (10175)
I was sleepless last night but for a good reason. My pregnant cat Tracy kept on purring at my face and keeps on following me wherever I roll on the bed. So I eventually woke up to get her the birthing box I prepared for her and which she ignored so many times. When I came back to my room she was gone. I couldn’t sleep worrying where she went. Around 2 AM my mum awoken from a soaked bed. Apparently, Tracy went to their room and was asking for their attention but they were in such deep sleep. They did wake up when her water broke in their bed. She carried the cat out of her room and I put her in the box with a piece of soft mat inside. She was very unsettled so I made a makeshift bed out of the yoga mat and slept next to her, giving her back rubs which seemed to relieve the pain. Around 4 AM, there was gentle meowing but I didn’t switch on the light because I wanted the cat to have as little stimulation as possible. Daylight came and I counted 4 new kitties. Tracy made it! Her first delivery.
@Janet357 (22554)
oh the poor.mama cat was in pain thus wanted your attention. am glad she was to deliver all the babies safely.
@flapiz (10175)
Yes she was in pain and it’s also her first delivery she probably didn’t know what to do.
@AKRao24 (23863)
I am a Vet but never had an opportunity to attend a delivery by a Cat so far! I have attended several whelpings of my doggies but never a Cat! Nice to know that your Cat had four cute kitties ! Be happy, as all is well that ends well!
@flapiz (10175)
My mum’s a vet too! I like that profession. The perfect profession for animal lovers. I used to see a lot of dog deliveries back when we don’t spay out canines. This is my first time actually seeing a cat delivery too. Usually cats give birth on their own and you just see them with kitties the next day or you don’t see kittens up to a week cause they hide them.
@AKRao24 (23863)
@flapiz , yes, that is why I was wondering how your Cat is social and friendly with you people! Generally they shift the kittens from one place to another very frequently also!
@AKRao24 (23863)
@flapiz , Looks too friendly and affectionate one!
How does it feel to be a new "grandma"?
@flapiz (10175)
Hahaha very proud and very happy
@JustBhem (59874)
• Davao, Philippines
Good job for Tracy. How many kittens she have?
@flapiz (10175)
She has 4 little ones. The last one was late in coming out I initially thought she only had 3.
@JustBhem (59874)
• Davao, Philippines
@flapiz That’s a lot and how is she now?
@flapiz (10175)
@JustBhem Well she is now sporting a small belly. And is very maternal and is staying with her babies.
@rsa101 (21059)
Oh congratulation on your kittens. I am glad that the box worked well on her and not chose your cabinet to be her birthing place.
@flapiz (10175)
Hahaha glad you suggested it. She was in so much pain she didn’t mind the box. She was trying to find an enclosed space. A box is semi enclosed.
@rsa101 (21059)
@flapiz Oh your welcome.... I saw that when I was young with my grandma who has a lot of cats too. She would prepare a wooden box with comfortable clean rugs there and the cats knew it was for them to stay while she has kittens with them. I think it was her first time to give birth that is why she was asking for you to assist her. I hope that the beddings she got wet won't smell that bad.
@flapiz (10175)
@rsa101 Yeah she was very clingy last night The beddings were stripped off to be washed. It is not so stinky yet but it will be later on for sure.
@mrki444 (5021)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Just don't stare at them all time. Mom will become nervous.
@flapiz (10175)
Tracy is actually very dependent on humans. Now she’s meowing and following me around. She does that when she needs something. She was a rescue cat so she’s quite trusting.
@mrki444 (5021)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@flapiz Ok is she following you. But giving to much attention to her especially small one can make her nervous.
@flapiz (10175)
@mrki444 She let’s me touch them. Although I do like to just watch them instead of touching as they seem fragile for now.
@Gillygirl (35923)
• Sutton, England
The mother must have wanted your help. She must have been in pain, poor thing. Those kittens are cute
@flapiz (10175)
Yeah she was in so much pain considering how tiny she originally was and to have 4 kitts occupying her tummy. Also her first birth. I stayed up to give her back rubs. Back rubs work for labouring humans. It also worked on her.
@Gillygirl (35923)
• Sutton, England
@flapiz Is she better now?
@flapiz (10175)
@Gillygirl Yes she is. No more contractions. Her delivery had no complications too
@Nakitakona (11242)
That is greet 4 kittens for Tracy. Hope all of them will survive.
@flapiz (10175)
I hope so too. It seems like it though they have strong cries.
@Nakitakona (11242)
@flapiz They cry in unison, in chorus like in the choir or group in singing.
@flapiz (10175)
@Nakitakona Yeah it sounds really cute. Although now they don’t cry so much as their mum is staying with them and they are well fed.
Congratulations Floraine! You are now a grandma!
@flapiz (10175)
Thank you Toni! Happy grandma here
@flapiz (10175)
Thank you Toni! Happy grandma here
@Starkinds (8136)
They are super quite
@flapiz (10175)
Thank you. Yes they are
@Starkinds (8136)
@flapiz welcome.
@sol_cee (20107)
• Japan
You’re such a good nurse. Trying to keep Tracy comfortable.
@flapiz (10175)
I think she liked the TLC too much she decided to transfer her babies back to my room. We moved her to an empty room yesterday so she gets privacy but today she insist on moving back to my room.
Congrats on being a grand mother. That was indeed an interesting but anxious story. All is well now and that's all matters.
@flapiz (10175)
Thank you. It was an interesting event. I like live deliveries as long as I am not the one delivering.
@moonandstars (20872)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
They are beautiful, just like Tracy, Poor mum but, everything is good now
@flapiz (10175)
Yes all is good now. She is an awesome mum.
@JESSY3236 (9744)
aww. they are so cute.
@flapiz (10175)
Indeed! They have now become a good vibe source for me .
Four new kitties is good. I am sorry the Mommy was in pain. The kittens look really cute.
@flapiz (10175)
I find the white one with orange ears very unique. Tracy is doing well now. And she doesn’t have a humungous belly anymore. She’s a tiny cat so the pregnant belly looked really weird on her.
@Rohithee (429)
Wow nice to have this
@flapiz (10175)
Thank you.
@GooglePlus (1814)
Wow... congratulations... Hope they don't change their location.. I heard after giving birth cats change their location to protect her babies until they are old enough.
@flapiz (10175)
Well she hasn’t left the box since morning. I carried it and put it in the bathroom of an unoccupied room. It has the privacy I think.
@yanzalong (15131)
Are you going to keep them all?
@flapiz (10175)
I don’t think so. When they come of age we are going to put them up for adoption. We already have 5 cats in the household not counting the neighbouring cats who comes for food too.