Daily Bible Study

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Day 10 Promise 10 Genesis 13:14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: 15 For all the land which you see, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed forever. 16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered. 17 Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee. 18 Then Abram removed his tent, and came and dwelt in the plain of Mamre, which is in Hebron, and built there an altar unto the LORD. Have you ever conceded something to someone to make your life peaceful instead of chaotic? Abram’s and Lot’s shepherds fought over the wells for their respective sheep, neither gaining any ground. Abram’s response was to offer Lot whatever land he wanted. Lot chose the plain of Jordan. As soon as Lot chose, God offered Abram the entire land of Canaan. It was the second time God told Abram the land was his and would belong to his seed forever, known as the Promised Land. It might seem like you concede for the greater good to keep peace between you and another person. Yet, your concession might be for your good so God can give you what He has for you. When you take your eyes off the pleasures of this world, you will see earthly pleasures are for the moment. God has something better to give you. Let’s pray: Father, let my eyes see what you want for me and not what the world offers with all its glitter and glamour that lasts but a moment. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen. Copyright © 13 August 2019 by Valerie Routhieaux Image courtesy of Pixabay
@Jackalyn (7481)
• Oxford, England
This kind of made me think of when I stopped working with my best friend. She was technically my boss, but I became better qualified. I decided the friendship was more important than the job. This jump-started my career as a child-care tutor but I kept links with the pre-school. It was worth moving on and us both having space to develop. At the time I had no idea my teaching would connect with my ministry to cross nations, but in a few years found most of my classes filled with Muslim women who wanted me to teach them as they decided I was safe because as a Christian Minister I must be righteous. We had a lot of conversations about Jesus ....Great Bible Study!
Thank you. Yes, you never know what God has planned for you until you step out of the way. Have a blessed day.
• Sonora, California
Yes God has something far better for us than the world can give! Awesome Bible Study!
Thank you. Have a blessed day.
@Nakitakona (11242)
Yes I did concede something to someone to make your life peaceful instead of chaotic, And that someone is Jesus Christ.
That's a good concession. Have a blessed day.
@Nakitakona (11242)
@just4him That's 39 years ago. I value much that especial day when I went down to the water of baptism after accepting Jesus as my Savior
@kareng (16154)
Very fitting bible study for what is going on in my family right now. The greed my brother is showing for instance. Have a good day, Valerie and thank you for sharing.
You're welcome. I hope you have a blessed day.
@kareng (16154)
@just4him Thanks and you, as well.
@Starkinds (8136)
Hello beautiful lady good afternoon how are you doing? I am today happy because finally I had my Beauty treatment
I'm glad you're happy. I'm doing okay. Have a blessed day.