Mornings are starting to feel like Autumn

@sallypup (32111)
Moses Lake, Washington
For the second time there was night dampness on the car's windshield. Tons too early for me but nothing I can do. I guess being tidy is on my mind. My driveway is basically graveled. This means that weeds do their best to grow over the driveway. I do get out and run the Weeder there but am too chicken to run it totally over those rocks too much. The Weeder has a 5 horse power motor and has thrown rocks at me. So I hacked weeds with a garden shovel. I came in to find old banana peels on the kitchen counter. I took the mess out to the garden shredder. Tonight's supper will be white bean-vegie soup and individual apple pies. I need that kitchen counter for rolling pie dough out on! So this morning I am tidying and washing the counter. Soon I'll chop apples and put them onto boil with cinnamon- pie innards.
I haven't noticed any dampness in the mornings but I haven noticed that it's starting to get darker earlier
So have I.
Mornings here are still very much summer.
• Agra, India
I always feel good when I can see changes in the day because of the upcoming weather. Ours will start after 23rd September
i know many who're wishin' fer autumn. i'd not be one 'f 'em, lol. the thoughts 'f months 'f cold 'n wind jest don't 'ppeal to me much. fer those weeds'n yer gravel drive, 've ya tried white vinegar, salt 'n a bit 'f dish soap? works purty good 'n less dangerous. yer supper sounds jest scrumptious!
@sallypup (32111)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@crazyhorseladycx Good idea on that weed killer. Many years ago I vetoed Round Up and now I am doubly glad I did.
@sallypup i made the hubs quit 't years 'go (round-up). i prefer the non-toxic schtuff. not jest healthier fer 's folks usin' 't, but kinder to environment, too. 've ya tried corn gluten to put down to prevent such'n the 1st place?? i've yet to convince the hubs how well such works.
@sallypup (32111)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@crazyhorseladycx Corn gluten is a new one on me. I am not sure where I would find that. We do grind whole corn into corn flour but corn gluten is another fish.
@wolfgirl569 (19939)
• Marion, Ohio
We get a dew a lot of mornings all summer long here
@sallypup (32111)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@wolfgirl569 You having dew all summer long would help keep things green. My part of the world used to be dry from the end of June until sometimes September.
@wolfgirl569 (19939)
• Marion, Ohio
@sallypup It is good except the very hot days. Then the sun can burn the plants. I lost my cucumber plants during that real hot weekend. The leaves got burnt while wet in the mornings.
@sallypup (32111)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@wolfgirl569 Cukes sure are touchy plants. If I don't water mine even a single day the leaves wilt.
Haha! cooler? That made me smile. Its over 100 degrees here today, I think the low last night was in the upper 80`s. What time is dinner? Make 3 of those pies .... you hear?
@sallypup (32111)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@andriaperry It would be fun for you and I to get together. The year I flew clear to Missouri to visit my Mom, first she asked me to make a pot pie then she asked for an apple pie. We had a good time on that visit.
@sallypup Did you do both?
It still feels like summer here, thank goodness. I can already smell your pie!
@sallypup (32111)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@DianneN The days are warm but that Autumn night damp is sneaking in. Come have a slice of pie. I'll put the tea pot out.
It only feels like this very early in the morning.
@sallypup (32111)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@marlina I'm out and about around 7:30 am.
You supper sounds like a good one!!! I noticed a few green leaves on trees here are showing yellow.
@LindaOHio (8499)
The evening darkness is what's coming on way too fast for me. We've already lost 35 minutes of daylight.
@porwest (17347)
I have only noticed it since I got into Wisconsin on business travel. It's still like a sauna in the mornings back home.
That sounds yummy! I'm sure your kitchen smelled good with that pie baking in the oven. It's no fun having rocks thrown at you.
@tammys85 (15511)
• Baltimore, Maryland
Mmmm, apples and cinnamon, that sounds so good. I look forward to the weather feeling more like autumn here, and autumn in general. Winter, not so much, but oh well lol.