Whats Happening in My Neck of the Woods

We have had a terrible time with our pool all of this summer. It just wants to be green. I have thrown every type of chemical at it and sometimes it turns blue for a day but then it's back to green. Al noticed that the filter was pumping dirty water back into the pool. It seems something is wrong with the filter. I called Leslie Pool and a repairman is coming out tomorrow. It is $159 just for a visit. But since a new filter cost over $600 we figured it was worth trying to fix this one. Of course, I was planning to take Jack out to the Sunflower Maze tomorrow just for something fun to do. Now I will have to wait until Thursday or Friday unless we get up really early. The window is noon to 5 pm for the repairman so they have pretty much ruined the whole day. Yesterday I had a nice day with Josh and Brandon, we went to get Josh's senior pictures and then his new pants at Old Navy. I decided to take the two boys and Al to lunch at Red Heat. The boys really enjoyed their meal and I enjoyed being with them. Brandon came in this morning and asked me how I made his shirt smell so good, I told him I use Mrs. Meyers Honeysuckle dryer sheets, it was funny to see him there just sniffing his shirt lol I have to admit that it does make things smell nice especially the sheets and pillowcases. Everything else is pretty much life as usual. The weather is humid and we had showers today. We are still eating leftovers. Jack like the hotdogs I give him, he rated me a 13 out of 10 lol. I have a couple of good writing assignments due on Friday so all is good in my world for the moment.
@RubyHawk (35109)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Pool maintenance can be expensive, we had a pool before moving to an apartment. It was expensive but worth it because the grandkids loved it and spent most of their summers in it. We have pools here but thankfully we don't have to worry about it. If you don't mind my asking, where do you find writing assignments?
I write for Writer Access, they are a good company and pay twice a month.
• Midland, Michigan
@BelleStarr how long have you been writing for them?
• Midland, Michigan
@BelleStarr good to know. I always thought I'd be writing one I retired but I'm considering something a bit different. Not sure what will pan out yet.
@Deepizzaguy (20738)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Having a swimming pool is fun even though the problems of keeping it safe to swim can be challenging at best.
oh yes, but this year it has just been a big expensive pain in the neck!!
@Deepizzaguy (20738)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@BelleStarr I know how you feel since my relatives and I had to pay a huge financial price to move from our former home to our new home and the car repair bill for our current auto was also very expensive to repair the trunk of the auto that was damaged.
@Deepizzaguy (20738)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@BelleStarr I know how you feel about the pain in the neck problems.
• Midland, Michigan
I don't remember knowing that you get writing assignments, good for you. Are you rated 13 out of ten for being a good grandmother or cook? That is an expensive filter. I hope that it can be repaired and doesn't cost much. That's awful.
lol It is my hotdogs that get the great rating, he is a food critic lol Yes I write for Writer Access and sometimes for Tempesta.
• Midland, Michigan
@BelleStarr are they sites that match writer and jobs similar to Elance and others?
@MarshaMusselman No they don't match you, you apply for some jobs and others are out there to grab, if clients like you, they put you on a love list and then you either get solo work or you are competing with fewer people. I have a few love list clients. You earn by how well you score on the test you take to join. I am a level 4 but some clients pay me at level 5.
@sophie09 (12625)
thank u for sharing your story
Your welcome.
One summer we had an issue with green water too. Hope you get it resolved.
Me too, I just want it fixed, we don't need one more thing to worry about.
@BelleStarr have you tried to shock it ?
13h
@BelleStarr hopefully that makes the green go away.
That is wonderful news that you all are good. I am good too, still the same old same old here.
13h
Well sometimes the same old same old is a good thing.
@yanzalong (15131)
Good luck in your writing assignments.
Thank you, I have outlined my articles and started to work on them so I am pretty confident it will go well.
oh dear, i so hope yer pool 'tis'n 'nexpensive fix, hon. seems all service folks're more'n happy to charge ya a kings ransom jest fer stoppin' by these days. a sunflower maze?? dang, i wanna come, too! would so love to see 'n 'xperience such. sure sounds a grand time. hopefully y'all 're gonna be able to make such'n thursday so's not to feel rushed. 'tis wonderful that'cher gettin' to spend so much time with those grands. wish such 'twas 'nder diff'rent circumstances though. i still can't believe josh's a senior this year! i've the same troubles with my granddaughter. i dunno where the years 've flown?? she'll be 18'n november, not too long 'go 'twas 6 months ol' ridin' 'n front 'f me whilst checkin' cattle 'n fences.... wait a sec! i've ne'er heard 'f a honeysuckle scented dryer sheet! yup, i need me some 'f those. really, really bad, lol. now i'm gonna 've to jot this wondrous info down'n find me some. hmmm, wonder if'n she's such'n wisteria, too?? if'n so, i'd be'n heaven twice! ugh, more rain jest keeps pilin' that humidity. ya could jest package such'p 'n send 't here. seems most 'f ours went to other parts 'f my state (seriously, floodin' the other eve not 8 miles from here...we'd not 'nough to e'en bother rollin' windows'p'n the trucks, lol) 'n texas. texas did purty danged good this this last batch, too. mercy 't yer lefto'ers, hon. i know folks 're jest doin' their best to relieve the burden 'f cookin' fer y'all, but such might get a bit tiresome. glad y'all went 'n ate whilst doin' all that runnin' 'round. a 13 out'ta 10?? yer gonna need to pass yer secret formula fer magical hot dogs! lol keepin' all close 't heart ~
I order the dryer sheets from Walmart , I looked at the Mrs Meyers site and they have lavender, geranium, basil. honeysuckle and lemon verbana. That lemon verbaba sounds yummy to me as well. I use Martin potato hotdog rolls toasted in butter in the pan and Deuchmacher natural casing hot dogs, he eats them plain. lol Everything is better with butter lol We have finished off the leftover from toher folks now we only have some restaurant ones from Sunday night and we will finish them today and I made beef stroganoff the other day so we finished that yesterday. Yes I am ready to cook something new. lol
@BelleStarr from walmart?? who'da thunk such? i know...i need to get "out" more, lol. bummer they've not wisteria 'r e'en a lilac, eh? yup, that lemon verbena sounds scrumptious, too. the hubs'd throw a tantrum o'er the basil. he doesn't e'en like my plants 'f such'n the back deck - 'voids 'em like they've the plague, lol. oh, tater bread!!! i used to bake such all the time. yer correct, butter makes e'erythin' better :) i'll need to look 'nto those hot dogs ya get i reckon. the grands 're 'pposed to be comin' the week 'f thanksgivin' 'n i've nary a clue's to how to feed 'em. back when they lived here, they'd eat anythin'. now they're most picky 'ccordin' to the daughter. sendin' lots 'f hugs!!
13h
@crazyhorseladycx returning lots of hugs!!
sounds like rhode island water.it seems to laugh at pool chemicals. the only thing that stopped it in ours was throwing in some baking soda.yea,it clouded it a little bit,but it was better than being green.
I have to say, I found this HTH product green to blue, it is amazing. I will never be without it in the future. But with the filter not working it isn't worth throwing it in until its fixed. Yah I bet CT and Rhode Island have similar water.
@BelleStarr if it tastes like you licked a pipe,yea. ..don't ask how i know that.
13h
@scarlet_woman lol We personally have well water and it is nice.
@Gillygirl (35923)
• Sutton, England
Good luck with the writing assignments. Glad they are not laborious like some of your previous assignments were
12h
Yes I like these two clients so I enjoy writing for them and made almost $60 so that is good.
@Gillygirl (35923)
• Sutton, England
12h
@BelleStarr Wow that is good
@bunnybon7 (41829)
• Holiday, Florida
bad time for pool problems hope it gets fixed without too much cost. I love left overs if they would remember to take care of them here. Especially hot dogs. I am like Matlock where those are concerned
12h
lol I love hot dogs too, I much prefer a good dog to a hamburger. We eat a lot of leftovers here!!
@bunnybon7 (41829)
• Holiday, Florida
12h
@BelleStarr I love left overs. Did you ever watch Matlock with Andy Griffith the star? He loved hot dogs
I'm glad you've had time for a little fun.
13h
Thank you it was a relief, things got bad again today and I am feeling gutted.
8h
Your welcome @BelleStarr I'm sorry things got bad for you again.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Sounds good Belle sounds everything is peaceful right now not a bad thing.
It is busy but peaceful.
I hope the repair guy shows up early instead of later. Those kinds of windows always ruin any plans for the day. However, hopefully, you'll have a clean pool when he leaves. I'm glad you're having a good time with your grandsons.
12h
They came at 3:30 and they found the problem but had to order the part. SO next Wednesday it gets fixed.
Its too bad that you're having such issues with your pool filter, I would think that it could be used a lot this summer with the boys coming and going and the hot summer. I hope that the repairs aren't too expensive and that they can be done quickly.
Thank you. me too!!! I will probably write about it.
13 out of 10 seems a great score to me! lol
lol Yes, I guess I am the queen when it comes to hotdog cooking. lol
@sol_cee (20107)
• Japan
Last summer, my sisters-in-law bought inflatable pools for their kids and both of them are complaining of huge water bill.
13h
We have a well so we don't have a water bill. My son has a large inflatable pool which is quite nice but it is about 1/4 of the size of our pool/
I hope you get your pool issue resolved.
13h
It was a broken gasket, they will be back to replace it next week.
I guess they love their gramma!