Neither Snow Nor Rain....

There have been utility workers at all hours of the day here lately. I honestly couldn't tell you how often they are there because our view doesn't cover the whole street. We were coming home from eating out tonight when we saw a mail truck. I just assumed the mail carrier was busy with that one mailbox, that is until I saw her walking back towards her truck. She had carried the mail to the rest of our cul de sac on foot, I guess it would have been inconvenient for the workers for her to drive. We were allowed through obviously, being that we live on the street. I think that's the first time I've seen a postal carrier having to literally carry the mail like that, even if it was just one road. Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds
@JustBhem (59874)
• Davao, Philippines
If they are doing it almost everyday I think it’s their job they are after or the deadline.
Might be a deadline, but I'm not sure if it's everyday or not. Let's just say, I spot them atleast once a week.
@JustBhem (59874)
• Davao, Philippines
@ScribbledAdNauseum I think it’s for the deadline.
@JustBhem You are probably right. I've seen them working in othere areas outside of my neighborhood as well.
@RubyHawk (35109)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We had road work near us several years ago and it was a mess getting in and out. the street blocked off and equipment going in and out, seemed like it took forever but they finally finished and its' so much better withe the extra lanes.
It's always annoying having to wait for all of that to get done. They paved one of the main roads of our neighborhood earlier this year. We have five ways in and out of our neighborhood though, so if there was ever any major work we could probably circumvent it.
@RubyHawk (35109)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@ScribbledAdNauseum We only have one way to come in from two directions so road work is an aggravation but they won't do anymore road work for a long time.
22h
@RubyHawk THat's good. We are running across road work county wide here. They are doing major work on our portion of I-40 as well.
@infatuatedbby (103022)
The post workers in our area park their car and walk long ways. I don't know if they like the walking or what?
Might be easier than dealing with traffic congestion.
7h
@sophie09 (12625)
so how is it there now?
It's fine here now, but they may or may not be working on it later, I just don't know.
@sophie09 (12625)
@ScribbledAdNauseum alright then
@Deepizzaguy (20738)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
It appears that you area must have been with a natural disaster that will bring out many utility trucks to restore the electrical power in your area.
I think they are installing 5G
They do it here every day
That can get annoying. Our little road is narrow towards the top, but we live in the cul de sac part of it. They are pretty good at directing us past their equipment and work though.
Mail could get heavy after awhile to.
There are only 11 houses on our street, and she was parked near four of them. I'm sure it wasn't too hard for her.