Who Wants To Buy Some Local Products

By Tokz
@ilocosboy (43395)
I usually buy these products (as shown in the photo) when I have the chance to pass in this local market in our province. Actually this is located at the top of the mountain in a village called Bessang. The place is cold and have a suitable soil for vegetables like cabbage, carrots, potatoes, celery, cauliflower, among others that only grows in an elevated and colder part in our place. Some local residents put small selling area where they displayed these products and the passerby can buy there products. These are way cheaper compared those being sold in the wet market of the towns and cities. I seldom came here (around 1.5 hours ride) because its far from my place. Only during when there is occasion. So when I have the chance, I buy them. Its fresh and cheap in price. Lets support local farmers.
@Mavic123456 (19464)
• Thailand
oh yeah... we always support local farmers. it's cheap and mostly crops are their own produce.
@ilocosboy (43395)
And its fresh from harvest, the nutrients are still crunchy
@Mavic123456 (19464)
• Thailand
@ilocosboy yes... fresh.. and crispier... munch .. munch!
@Janet357 (22554)
what about the prices of these products?
@ilocosboy (43395)
Oh yes I forgot to mention, well slash the half the price in the town's market.
@Janet357 (22554)
@ilocosboy it's nice to shop there.
@rsa101 (21059)
Yeah for as long as they are fresh its good to buy local as they can be as good as those imported ones. Plus you help local farmers earn their living too.
@ilocosboy (43395)
This is the very reason why I always buy when i pass by at that place, and they are very cheap.
@rsa101 (21059)
@ilocosboy But here in the city the thing is most local products are sold not fresh anymore because of the long transport of the goods from the provinces coming to the city(but this is not the case always though). While those imported ones since they are well packed they arrived mostly fresh looking that is why most of the city dwellers buys them more because of the way they are presented to the consumers.
@ilocosboy (43395)
Yes i observed that too. So when there is a chance for me buy fresh in the local market, I buy them.
@porwest (17347)
I LOVE to support local whenever I can. In the United States we generally say out of every dollar spent locally about 60 cents stays local while shopping elsewhere only about 30 cents stays local. In the simplest of terms, you go out to eat at Nancy's Homerun Family Restaurant and about 60 cents will stay local, eat at a chain like Applebees and only about 30 cents stays local. It is always best to keep the money as close to home as possible.
@ilocosboy (43395)
Yes, that is right, and I think its always wise to spend money where we can save more.
@porwest (17347)
@Gillygirl (35923)
• Sutton, England
I like farmers markets. That one looks gorgeous
@ilocosboy (43395)
Oh yes the vegetables are beautiful.
@Gillygirl (35923)
• Sutton, England
@ilocosboy They sure look good
@kareng (16154)
That's a great buy. You get a fresh product and help the local farmers out. Win-win.
@ilocosboy (43395)
Indeed it is a win-win situation. Its like hitting two birds in one stone.
@kareng (16154)
@thelme55 (19998)
I would love to have those turmeric roots and camote/sweet potatoes. I miss them very much.
@ilocosboy (43395)
Oh, turmeric, the wonder roots that can be very helpful to our health.
Many small towns here are promoting 'buy local'. Towns will lose their shops if they don't support the local producers.
@ilocosboy (43395)
I so much agree, competing with big markets is no match by local market, we can do is to support 'buy local'.
@sol_cee (20107)
• Japan
It’s nice to support local farmers.
@ilocosboy (43395)
The best thing to help them grow.
I often bought sortie veggies for my dogs meal.
@ilocosboy (43395)
I bet your dog is very healthy because it is vegan.
@yanzalong (15131)
It must be beautiful up there.
@ilocosboy (43395)
Oh you bet, the environment is awesome.