I feel so bad when people offer to help me.

I don't know about anyone else who has fibromyalgia. I know I can't be touched when I am inflamed. When I was in the Dmv I struggled to get out of the chair. A woman offered to help me get up. I was very happy with the offer but I could not take it. I tell you something that I have noticed. I am worse when I drive. It starts when I begin to put my foot on the brake. I noticed it a few times already. Even my aide noticed it as well. That was one of the reasons I had Jay driving me. I am sitting here in the worst pain ever and still, I am happy. I am not sure how much longer I can live alone though. I really want to until B asks me to marry him. Lol, He keeps saying I am not ready. Anyway if you have fibromyalgia or chronic pain do you allow people to touch you? I truly can't because the pain is much worse
@CarolDM (145543)
I have flare-ups and know how you feel. I distance myself from everyone.
I am only happy you understand. I am not happy that you have it though.
@CarolDM (145543)
@sharon6345 Started after I lost my son.
@CarolDM I am sorry about that. I know mine began to just about kill me when I lost my brother. But I talk to him every day like he is sitting right here.
@raveeen (3484)
I understand what you feel.
@rakski (95152)
It is nice to know some people wants to help you.
So sorry that you are having so much pain. I do not have fibro but other problems, so I do understand.
@DWDavis (18272)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Being a fibromite myself, I sympathize with your plight. Like you, when I am in flair, I prefer not to be touched. When my students want to hug me, I grit my teeth, smile, and bear the pain because it doesn't hurt as much as the disappointment on their faces if I tell them no.
Oh, that is very kind of you. I scream stop and people back of me.
• Sonora, California
I don’t have fibromyalgia but when my condition is flaring up I can’t stand to have someone touch me, it’s like needles shooting through me, so I do understand what you are saying!
That is how it is sometimes on my legs long with burning like cooking oil.
I hope you will be feeling better soon.