Texting to the next room LOL

@bunnybon7 (42777)
Holiday, Florida
Yes daughter and I text to each other in the house so as not to have to get up sometimes or holler through the house . Other times it is because she is in the garage or outside smoking where I can not be around. this morning it was about my 2 hours sleep. daughter- " why did you hardly sleep last night? you know that's not good" me-- " because the humidity was making my breathing bad and I woke up sweating and hurting every time I dosed off. I really wanted to sleep through all the worry over hurricane coming, money we don't have for essentials , and scan coming up Tuesday when said hurricane might already be here" daughter - " you need to stop worrying. hurricane not going to hit us directly. I got paid today and will get some things we need. You need to sleep" me--" I know easier said then done. Like I said I would if my body would let me but when it won't I am awake and worrying" Do you text in the house ?
• Israel
@bunnybon7 I do not like texting period because I do it very slowly on a cell phone. I can type so much faster on my computer.
@bunnybon7 (42777)
• Holiday, Florida
yes it is annoying. I too take much time answering people on my phone. Seems like they are already asking something else before I can type a reply
• Israel
@bunnybon7 I prefer my computer to typing on my phone anytime.
That's interesting you do. No, I've never done that. When my son lived with me, I walked to his room and talked to him.
@bunnybon7 (42777)
• Holiday, Florida
that's good when able to . good for you
I think it is wonderful to speak face to face whenever possible.
@Ghosthere2 Yes, it is.
No, I do not text, I go around searching for my husband, I do not like texting.
@bunnybon7 (42777)
• Holiday, Florida
I really would rather just talk face to face with her but I don't walk around that well with walker and tubing to deal with plus she is too tired after work to come talk usually she is relaxing laying down or out in the garage smoking on the lounge out there and I can't be around smoke now. Glad you are still able to move all around
@bunnybon7 I am lucky, I move around well, often my husband is downstairs working in the family room, so it's a up and down the stairs.
@Gillygirl (37869)
• Sutton, England
I don't text in the house lol
@bunnybon7 (42777)
• Holiday, Florida
thats fine. keeps you moving to talk with who is in it.
@Gillygirl (37869)
• Sutton, England
@bunnybon7 very true
No. I have a dumb pre paid cell phone, I can`t afford to waste minutes. I have a landline that I use for my businesses and to talk.
@bunnybon7 (42777)
• Holiday, Florida
I wish we had a landline but it would probably cost more in the long run as we have her bf here and he is not too bright. He would make long distance calls which here in Florida is if you call a few areas over is a whole different prefix and would be long distance like if he called his aunt. He doesn't get it. even my being old understands more then he does. That is the reason I make sure he has no access to my account any of them. hard to explain I think. so text is cheaper in the long run.
That makes my crazy. I believe it is rude to leave people out of the conversation. If it's just the two of you, but if there is someone in the room with either of you I consider it not great behavior. So yes, sometimes I text in the house, but never if the person I am texting is with someone else or someone is with me. Wow I complicated that . Sorry
@bunnybon7 (42777)
• Holiday, Florida
and so you did no it's not rude here. Yelling out and waking someone or startling someone is rude. usually she is on her phone and they don't like me yeling when they are talking even if I need something. text is best way here
@bunnybon7 to each their own.
nope, don't text 'cept fer emergencies.
@bunnybon7 (42777)
• Holiday, Florida
I get it. I wouldn't either, but easier then working that danged walker.
@bunnybon7 i reckon 'tis each their own? i'd see such's the opportunity to get'p 'n move :)
@Bensen32 (6423)
No, I hate texting at anytime so I will just yell across the house or get up and go tell the person what I want to tell them.
@bunnybon7 (42777)
• Holiday, Florida
well in this house that starts a long argument as no one likes the yelling. besides it's better for us in my position.
@Bensen32 (6423)
@bunnybon7 LOL, oh I'm sure they don't like it but oh well. Yea at times it might be convenient but I really hate texting.
Once I was in the lounge and sent an email to my husband in the office because I didn't want to get up. lol
@bunnybon7 (42777)
• Holiday, Florida
yes! that's what I'm talking about. you get it.
• Austin, Texas
I don't text. But my daughter and I send eMails to each other in the house. For the same reason as you. We don't want to yell and we don't want to get up from where we are.
@bunnybon7 (42777)
• Holiday, Florida
thats the idea
I can't stand texting.
@bunnybon7 (42777)
• Holiday, Florida
it is annoying if you don't desperately need it.
No, my husband and I do not text in the house, but it really works out well for you and your daughter.
@bunnybon7 (42777)
• Holiday, Florida
it sure does .
@JustBhem (61045)
• Davao, Philippines
Nope. I do message them. Not text.
@bunnybon7 (42777)
• Holiday, Florida
same think sweetie . I sometimes use FB message too
@Dena91 (6133)
I have texted Mike when we have been shopping and I can't find him. We haven't texted in the house, yet!
@bunnybon7 (42777)
• Holiday, Florida
one of the many ways our phone comes in handy
@ilocosboy (44631)
Yes, maybe this is what cellphone is made for
@bunnybon7 (42777)
• Holiday, Florida
it is
@akalinus (29410)
My son and I text back and forth but he lives in another city. I don't text people in the same house. That seems kind of silly to me. But I did not grow up texting.
@bunnybon7 (42777)
• Holiday, Florida
same house texting would seem silly to me also if I was still able to walk around the house when I needed things but falling a couple yrs. ago and having to use the walker these days have changed a lot of how I do things.
@akalinus (29410)
@bunnybon7 Yes, I can understand that. Since everyone is always on their phones, it might be the only way to get their attention.
@bunnybon7 (42777)
• Holiday, Florida
@akalinus yes my daughter usually is.
@rakski (36875)
yes, just today because me and hubby are both busy so when I received a notice from one of my daughter's teacher, I message her. But as much as possible I try not to
@bunnybon7 (42777)
• Holiday, Florida
you try not to because of extra charges ?
@rakski (36875)
@bunnybon7 no, I try not to so my kids will not do the same next time. I want us to still have personal communication (face to face) I might forget their faces
@bunnybon7 (42777)
• Holiday, Florida
@rakski you are a good mom. I see
@arunima25 (25762)
• Bangalore, India
I hardly text. Most of the time I keep gadgets away unless I am really doing something on them. But I think it is a good idea especially for those who can not afford to be mobile much.
@bunnybon7 (42777)
• Holiday, Florida
you get it thanks.
@arunima25 (25762)
• Bangalore, India
@DaddyEvil (27827)
• Aurora, Missouri
I'm sorry you have so many things that cause you to worry, Bonnie... I was once told that I shouldn't worry about anything that is not under my direct control. I looked at the guy (one of my teachers when I was a senior in High School) and ask him how that worked out for him? He laughed and said that so far, it was a nice suggestion but he was still having trouble implementing it... Personally, I always hated it when a teacher, a pastor or an employer told me something like that! None of them actually followed the advice they so readily passed on to me, so what made them think anyone else was going to be able to use it? *shake my head*
@bunnybon7 (42777)
• Holiday, Florida
I guess they just hope it sounds wise and will actually work for someone else.
@DaddyEvil (27827)
• Aurora, Missouri
@bunnybon7 I'm sure you're right, Bonnie... I just wish nobody would spout that gibberish at me! *sigh*
Funny thing,you two text to each other as though you lived far away from each other.Hope hurricane didn't do much damage !
@bunnybon7 (42777)
• Holiday, Florida
Luckily or maybe because of all the prayer it turned. Just hope we don't still get the terrible tropical storm almost as bad as a hurricane.