2019 Health Journey -- Day 249 & Weigh In -- September 6th

Rupert, Idaho
Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing well. I am back to share about my health/food journey and how it is going. My cold, or whatever I have, has gotten worse....so I am just trying to get through that. I am trying to stick to low carb as much as I can, but I am not worrying about being strict about it. I did weigh in, and luckily my weight is down. Not to my lowest, but I am down from my last week long binge. What were my numbers, and what did I eat yesterday (Friday the 6th)? Fasting sugar: 163 Meal 1~ 2 or 3 slices of turkey 1 slice of cheese 1 serving of pizza flavored potato chips Also had 1 thin Reese's. Meal 2~ Hamburger patty, I did skip the bun 4 fries (literally) Blood sugar: 145 (still high from meal 1 probably) Meal 3 ~ Ravioli...yes, I know not low carb at all, but comfort food. Then finished the night with an ice cream cone. Definitely not the worst day, but not good either. We'll see in the A.M. how bad it was. Macros? This will just be an estimation... Calories: 1,533 Protein: 66 Fat: 72 Net Carbs: 140 The majority of the carbs did come from the last meal and dessert. So much for doing better in September. I won't give up though. Did you do better than me yesterday foodwise?
@kobesbuddy (82505)
• East Tawas, Michigan
You probably have a sinus infection, I've had one and they are terrible! I hope you can get some antibiotics and you feel a lot better. I love ravioli! It's one of my favorite comfort foods:)
• Rupert, Idaho
Wondering if that's what it is....but don't want to go to the doctor over it, especially when I have a 6 month check up in October. Thank you very much though! Ravioli is delicious! Glad you enjoy it as a comfort food too.
@kobesbuddy (82505)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@MommyOfEli2013 When I had a sinus infection, it wouldn't go away. Allergies do the same thing, they never clear up.
• Rupert, Idaho
@kobesbuddy Oh really, allergies do as well? I am honestly not sure what this is....Whatever has cough, runny nose, post nasal drip (I guess that's what it is called).
• Agra, India
I'm so sad to hear about your cold
• Rupert, Idaho
Thank you, but it is okay. I'll get over it eventually
• Agra, India
@MommyOfEli2013 why don't you consult a doctor?
• Rupert, Idaho
@amitkokiladitya I rather not go unless absolutely necessary and I have a check up in October
Your numbers are high. I can understand as you're sick so dieting is the least of your concerns right now. I hope you get better soon.
• Rupert, Idaho
Yeah, I already knew they were high....but just being honest. Yes, getting over this constant cough is my main concern currently. I will get back on plan tomorrow, so at least I am not going on a week long binge, again.
@MommyOfEli2013 That's good you're not.
• Rupert, Idaho
@just4him Trying not to anyway, although all the carby foods sound so good.
I only allow myself 40 carbs a day.
• Rupert, Idaho
That's a good amount....when I am on plan, I allow 20-25 net carbs.
@MommyOfEli2013 I féel great on keto and have more energy, but I really get frustrated with the slowness of my weight loss . 10 pounds in 8 weeks. I guess it's my age. I have lost some in inches though.
• Rupert, Idaho
@Tampa_girl7 Well feeling great, and having more energy is a really great benefit! I am sorry the weight loss is slow though. Losing inches is great though!
@Janet357 (26808)
ahhh cheese! honestly everytime i read your post on food, i crave for.cheese sticks.
• Rupert, Idaho
Least this time I didn't have a cheese stick haha!
@Janet357 (26808)
@MommyOfEli2013 ;) yes. but there is a cheese stick i love a lot. it has lots of mozzarela in it. so when you bite it, that sticky cheese makes it perfect.
• Rupert, Idaho
@Janet357 Well the cheese sticks I have are mozzarella....but are you thinking of the breaded ones?
@LindaOHio (10276)
Feel better soon! I know you're trying with your diet. I had a bowl of chicken corn chowder for my main meal yesterday (Friday).
• Rupert, Idaho
Thank you, I sure hope to. I thought September would be my month to turn things around! Sounds like an interesting soup, hope you enjoyed!
@LindaOHio (10276)
@MommyOfEli2013 Yes, it was yummy!
• Rupert, Idaho
@LindaOHio That is great to hear!
So good to hear your weight is down. I know you won't give up!!! I just stay at 1200 calories a day and that works for me. I did fit into a size 6 yesterday, so I think I am done losing due to my sister thinking I have lost a bit too much.
• Rupert, Idaho
I am just used to it going up when I go off plan. That's good that you stay at 1200 calories, I try to stay near there most days. Congrats on the size 6, that's great! I can't wait to fit into that size.
I had Brie on toasted bread for dinner so not great
• Rupert, Idaho
That does not sound too bad, but guess it depends on the person.
@wolfgirl569 (22072)
• Marion, Ohio
Pizza sub last night.
• Rupert, Idaho
That sounds good
@tech40 (20390)
turkey turkey turkey and flavored potato chips! uhmm! Yummy! Gonna get some chips after what I'm doing.
• Rupert, Idaho
It was okay, hope you will enjoy your chips (or did enjoy)
@tech40 (20390)
Yeah I got some chips while watching a show :)
• Rupert, Idaho
@tech40 That sounds good....I want chips but I am back on my diet :(
You had a good mix of food., some days it is nice to not worry about what you eat, Give your self a little break if you can.
• Rupert, Idaho
Yes, some days it definitely is nice to not worry....but because of my health I need to worry about it every day!
@MommyOfEli2013 I get that, no fun having to worry about it.
• Rupert, Idaho
@CookieMonster46 Yes it is not any fun...I wish every day that I did not have diabetes.
You are still doing pretty good. I hope you feel better tomorrow.
• Rupert, Idaho
Thank you, I am trying but it's not always easy
• Sonora, California
I had a slice of Pizza for dinner, a Half of a Grilled Cheese for lunch, and a Banana for breakfast l, my appetite is slowly coming back but I’m not overdoing it! I am drinking lots of water!
• Rupert, Idaho
Sounds awesome minus the banana! Glad your appetite is slowly coming back....that's good to ease into it
@stringer321 (4312)
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
I ate a salad made of tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, onions, parsley, lemon... 2 brazilian nuts, some almonds and cookies, pomegranate. I suggest you better focus on vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other healthy materials. Good luck on your journey. Focus on your inner thoughts, be aware of when you get hungry for vegetables and healthy natural food. Many discussions here on mylot, really help changing the mind for healthy food. They help us think a about what we read.