Kids Sent to Hospital After Eating Marijuana Candy

Louisville, Kentucky
This has happened in the state of Florida, USA. Nine elementary school students, ages 10-12 have been hospitalized after eating candy laced with marijuana. Kids are naturally attracted to gummy bear candy but this time it was infused with or laced with marijuana. It looked like regular sour candy. The news stories say that a student inadvertently brought in candy laced with THC. Did the kid who brought the candy know it had THC/Marijuana in it or was he/she confused because it looked like regular candy? How'd the kid get it? It caused the other kids to get sick to their stomachs but nothing life threatening, thank goodness.
@nanette64 (19391)
• Fairfield, Texas
I wonder if they're looking at the kids mommie and daddie @LoriAMoore .
@ano460 (328)
Yeah its not a life threat. But they should be a verification of the source from the kid that brought it to the school...or else they might still bring the one worst to this one.
@dodo19 (37745)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I have to wonder how they got a hold of these candies. At least, they're going to be alright.
@LindaOHio (10276)
I'm glad that the children were not harmed; but they must find out where this candy came from!
• Israel
@LoriAMoore That is not good news. Did they find out who did it?
@wolfgirl569 (22072)
• Marion, Ohio
I am glad they will be ok.
That is terrible. The kid must be checked out, they must find out where he got the candy and if he was selling it and his family must be informed of this activity.
@Deepizzaguy (21993)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
And I thought that doped laced candy only happens around the Halloween holidays.
Stoned children, from eating gummy bears... really the dopers need to make them in some other shape and not looking like candy the babies eat. Far as I know its not legal in Fl.
I hope this goes into the bottom of the story. Where did the kid get the candy? Who gave it to him? Besides, not many people give away candy. He must have been selling it.
That is not good at all. Wonder how it got in the candy.
@amnabas (11378)
• Karachi, Pakistan
That's saddening...I hope they are fine now.
@rakski (36875)
good thing they just got stomach sick
@kobesbuddy (82505)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Boy, her parents are really gonna get in big trouble! This could have killed those kids!
Must be her/his parents leaving stuff out where kids can get hold of it. I've eaten brownies laced with pot and didn't get sick ..... nor did I get high
@CarolDM (40806)
Sadly I am not surprised. So many kids are not being parented these days. This is too bad.
People who have edibles that I know keep the stuff locked up away from their kids.